Eddie makes a fool of himself - again

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm lost much?

Eddie owns the game. Period.

We all (every single one of us) as fans, supporters, members, attendees etc. own part of the game.

If anybody, including, Eddie thinks he/she is above it (or owns it) then they are mistaken.

My original point is, how can Eddie go on with such crap in his various media interviews (i.e. conspiracy against Collingwood players) and expect to have credibility when his own coach (who is a very good one) and his match committee make a completely different assessment.

We all (every single one of us) as fans, supporters, members, attendees etc. own part of the game.

If anybody, including, Eddie thinks he/she is above it (or owns it) then they are mistaken.

My original point is, how can Eddie go on with such crap in his various media interviews (i.e. conspiracy against Collingwood players) and expect to have credibility when his own coach (who is a very good one) and his match committee make a completely different assessment.

Crap you say?

I want to hear Pratt sing the "Green Frog" song again

You have to admit for a club that won 14 premierships the most games and so on to not have a single player in the team of the century is a bit odd.

I beg your pardon? When Eddie was forced to leave, due to the job overwhelming him and exposing his lack of a skill-set for the position (if he wasn't so deserving of public humiliation it would otherwise have been cruel to watch) Channel 7 were leading the ratings.
You idiot. He was running Channel 9 from Sydney while simultaneously running the best club in the AFL. That kind of workload would trouble the most experienced and gifted CEO's going. I'd like to see you try it you ignorant little man. He was advised early on in his tenure to relinquish his role as President of Collingwood, and for a time it looked like he would. But he obviously couldn't for the love of the club and stayed on which obviously came back to haunt him. There was no way he could keep up both jobs that was obvious from the start. It was going to be one or the other.

Maybe because he has an opinion. When asked he gives it. Pretty simple.

You idiot. He was running Channel 9 from Sydney while simultaneously running the best club in the AFL. That kind of workload would trouble the most experienced and gifted CEO's going. I'd like to see you try it you ignorant little man. He was advised early on in his tenure to relinquish his role as President of Collingwood, and for a time it looked like he would. But he obviously couldn't for the love of the club and stayed on which obviously came back to haunt him. There was no way he could keep up both jobs that was obvious from the start. It was going to be one or the other.

Eddie is a very good on-air TV host and apart from that a journalist.

With due respect that hardly gives you the credentials to become CEO.

Throughout his tenure it was clear he was in a job that was way above his head.

Yeah the one that had channel 9 winning the ratings while he was there.

That was because he was riding the coat tails of the previous CEO (or whatever position he held). Once his decisions started coming in to play was the same time that the ratings started to drop.

Coincidence????........................I don't think so.

You have to admit for a club that won 14 premierships the most games and so on to not have a single player in the team of the century is a bit odd.

Collingwood was very successful up to and including the 1936 premiership.

From 1936 onwards Collingwood has won only three premierships - 1953, 1958 and 1990.

Three in 64 years (up to 2000) is not exactly setting the pace. To this point it is now 3 in 70+ yrs.

Best Club?

What does channel 9 have to do with the AA team?

The fact that he doesn't know how to run a tv station or pick an AA team. But believes that because he is "Eddie", people should listen to and do exactly as he says.

But other than support alcoholism in Vic to push more $$$ into CFC, what good has he really done for the club??

What does channel 9 have to do with the AA team?

A previous poster brought up Eddie's role at C9. I was responding to that.
I stand by my initial comment - Lockyer/Shaw did not deserve AA selection in 2007, confirmed by the coaches in the Copeland, which, therefore, make Eddie's comments to be off the mark - once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood was very successful up to and including the 1936 premiership.

From 1936 onwards Collingwood has won only three premierships - 1953, 1958 and 1990.

Three in 64 years (up to 2000) is not exactly setting the pace. To this point it is now 3 in 70+ yrs.

Have only won 3 premierships true but, we have still made the grand final and lost being the second best team the amount of times we have been counts for something too.

Eddie is a very good on-air TV host and apart from that a journalist.

With due respect that hardly gives you the credentials to become CEO.

Throughout his tenure it was clear he was in a job that was way above his head.
You obviously didn't read my post because I gave my opinion as to why that was the case. You obviously can't say for sure but in my opinion if Ed relinquished his role as Collingwood president and was able to concentrate solely on running Channel 9 then he would still be in the job and probably doing well. Running a tv station is clearly not something you can do well without devoting your full attention to it. But people want to take the line that he simply couldn't handle it and didn't have the skillset. There is no proof either way it's all speculation.

I stand by my initial comment - Lockyer/Shaw did not deserve AA selection in 2007, confirmed by the coaches in the Copeland, which, therefore, make Eddie's comments to be off the mark - once again.

You are forgetting that votes in the copeland aren't just awarded to the best player, but also the player that has done his job and all the team stuff.

Have only won 3 premierships true but, we have still made the grand final and lost being the second best team the amount of times we have been counts for something too.

I have never said Collingwood did not deserve a player in the AFL Team of the Century...thatday.

All I am saying is that for the first 34 yrs you dominated and for the remaining 66 yrs you have not set the world on fire as far as p'ships go.

It gives some balance to the argument. Also, you have not indicated which player would be replaced in the AFL team of the century (in order for a Collingwood player to be selected).

I haven't read all of Ed's comments relating to Shaw and Lockyer missing out on AA selection, but I'm fairly sure his main beef was with Lockyer and Shaw missing out on THE FINAL 40 shortlisted for AA. IMO they definitely deserved to at least be on that list.

I have never said Collingwood did not deserve a player in the AFL Team of the Century...thatday.

All I am saying is that for the first 34 yrs you dominated and for the remaining 66 yrs you have not set the world on fire as far as p'ships go.

It gives some balance to the argument. Also, you have not indicated which player would be replaced in the AFL team of the century (in order for a Collingwood player to be selected).

I know, i was explaining why some Collingwood supporters have the view that the AFL is against us. And i wouldn't know who to take out of the Team of the century or who to put in i haven't really thought about it, i don't think it matters to be honest.

You obviously didn't read my post because I gave my opinion as to why that was the case. You obviously can't say for sure but in my opinion if Ed relinquished his role as Collingwood president and was able to concentrate solely on running Channel 9 then he would still be in the job and probably doing well. Running a tv station is clearly not something you can do well without devoting your full attention to it. But people want to take the line that he simply couldn't handle it and didn't have the skillset. There is no proof either way it's all speculation.

Proves my point. If Eddie was so smart he would have made the appropriate decision at the time (to remove himself from all other responsibilities and focus on his executive role at C9). Decision-making ability is key for a prospective CEO, I would have thought.

Eddie proved from day one he did not have the intellectual capacity to make wise decisions and hence he was a failure in his role as CEO (and AA selector).

Proves my point. If Eddie was so smart he would have made the appropriate decision at the time (to remove himself from all other responsibilities and focus on his executive role at C9). Decision-making ability is key for a prospective CEO, I would have thought.

Eddie proved from day one he did not have the intellectual capacity to make wise decisions and hence he was a failure in his role as CEO (and AA selector).
If emotional attachment to his club was his so called 'failing', I don't think he needs to have any regrets about anything he's done. The decision to continue to be the President of Collingwood was hardly an incorrect one. It was a line ball and to be honest I'm quite happy he picked the option he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back