Eddie McGuire Commentating Western Derby- Yay or Nay?

Will you listen to Eddie McGuire commentate the Western Derby? (if attending match-would you listen)

• Yes

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats

Couldn't care less if he's commentating the game, he's a decent enough caller when his own club or one of the big 4 aren't involved. I'd rather him than pretty much any of the Channel 7 commentators (apart from Bruce).

I don't hate the idea of him being paid to promote WA either, when Eddie speaks most people in Victoria listen, it would be good to have a big Vic personality giving us a wrap I think.

My order of commentators:

Bruce McAvaney>Tim Lane>Huddo>Dwayne Russell>Eddie>James Brayshaw> Basil Zempilas

You probably don't get a great deal of him but Adam Papalia is excellent, 0 bias and actually knows his stuff. No grandstanding either which is nice.

Couldn’t care less. With no Victorian sides to barrack for he’ll probably stick to calling the game and drumming it up as an instant classic.

As long as Paps is on the call, I’m happy.
Paps usually always does the Perth game if Fox are producing it, I'd be surprised if he wasn't on it.

Met him an Eagles HQ when he was waiting to doorstop Simmo once, great down to Earth bloke.

Prefer Eddie to Basil, Darcy, Dwayne.
Think it's just Ch 7 and Ch7 owned paper West Australian upset that ch9 personalities Eddie and Pav calling it while shown on 7.

Could be far worse. Basil, Dwayne, BT. He's ok if he's no calling Cwood. And yeah it could be ******* Basil. The entirety of WA dodged a huge bullet there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn’t the first derby he will call like the article says, he called with Dennis Cometti on a friday night derby on channel 9 round 20 2005.

Its a yay from me.

Because it means its not on channel 7, it means no Dwayne Russell and I think that a prominent Victorian calling it isn't a bad thing.

Couldn't care less as he's just another average commentator with all the rest!
Can't believe people somehow think this muppet should represent our state?
Liked the Premier's comments on him this morning..a bit like "who's Eddy McGuire?, outside of his own bubble?"

7ba0207e4fb7394b714a39530055ab32c6ed997fea7590673af08c36d8ea8591.jpg

Back