Eddie McGuire Commentating Western Derby- Yay or Nay?

Will you listen to Eddie McGuire commentate the Western Derby? (if attending match-would you listen)

• Yes

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couldn't care less as he's just another average commentator with all the rest!
Can't believe people somehow think this muppet should represent our state?
Liked the Premier's comments on him this morning..a bit like "who's Eddy McGuire?, outside of his own bubble?"

I guarantee more Australians would recognise Eddie McGuire than Mark McGowan.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Good commentator away from Pies games. Big yes from me.
Ditto. As a commentator in games that don't involve the Pies, he's one of the better ones going around I reckon. And that's from someone for whom saying nice things about Eddie doesn't come easily.
I rate Papalia highly. Could actually be a pretty good call.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
The West needs to be bent over and torn a new one.Eddie is a good caller and very passionate about the game.Dermy is very good as well.Pavlich doesnt like WC and had a real dig at Gaffy after THE incident.Any doubts i had about Eddie disappeared after the GF .He was very gracious and took it on the chin.No excuses;no crying about umps.Whats all the sooky la la about men from the hated east?? On the loathing scale i have the Dorkers well above Collingwood.

JinmboJones

All Australian
Jun 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Birds of Prey
Yep totally embarrassing by the West, agree with Scotty Cummings. Don't mind Eddie, I think he tries (and succeeds) at not being a biased douche most of the time, in fact even in games I've seen with Collingwood playing he's not been too bad. Hell, he's certainly no worse than any of the other Vic muppets (Darcy, Ling et al) we get usually commentating our games.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Eddie must be from a different media organization than the west.Ive never heard so much drivel!.Football supporters in WA despise Eddie? Football supporters in WA want that fantastic caller Basil Zemplis? Really? Eddie is a football man through and through;yes hes dyed in the wool Collingwood but most of us are dyed in the wool WCE and i think GENUINE football fans recognise one of their own! To the west; get stuffed and go back to publishing columns about how we should behave at matches;who and when we can boo and how everybody in WA supports Western Australian teams and hates everything Victorian!

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Eddie must be from a different media organization than the west.Ive never heard so much drivel!.Football supporters in WA despise Eddie? Football supporters in WA want that fantastic caller Basil Zemplis? Really? Eddie is a football man through and through;yes hes dyed in the wool Collingwood but most of us are dyed in the wool WCE and i think GENUINE football fans recognise one of their own! To the west; get stuffed and go back to publishing columns about how we should behave at matches;who and when we can boo and how everybody in WA supports Western Australian teams and hates everything Victorian!
There was some Freo nut on reddit the other day saying Zempilas was his favourite commentator. He was rightfully trashed in all replies.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
He’s not on my commentary dream team but I’m not overly bothered.

Huddo, Dwayne Russell (I love him for big games, less so when he’s trying to hype up St. Kilda vs Fremantle as a ‘huge game’), Adam Papalia, Jason Dunstall and Neroli on the boundary would be a thing of beauty

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

End Game

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s not on my commentary dream team but I’m not overly bothered.

Huddo, Dwayne Russell (I love him for big games, less so when he’s trying to hype up St. Kilda vs Fremantle as a ‘huge game’), Adam Papalia, Jason Dunstall and Neroli on the boundary would be a thing of beauty

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The stain ? You are out of your mind. Dislike button. Ban, lifetime. The stain is the worst commentator bar none.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
The stain ? You are out of your mind. Dislike button. Ban, lifetime. The stain is the worst commentator bar none.
Hardie & Zempilas are worse IMO, but technically you might still be correct since those two are flogs, not commentators.

The Weak Australian (see what I did there, everyone? I substituted the word West with the word Weak, because not only does it cut deep it is also very clever!!) is a state embarrassment for making this a thing. It reeks of desperation and death throes to me.

End Game

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hardie & Zempilas are worse IMO, but technically you might still be correct since those two are flogs, not commentators.

The Weak Australian (see what I did there, everyone? I substituted the word West with the word Weak, because not only does it cut deep it is also very clever!!) is a state embarrassment for making this a thing. It reeks of desperation and death throes to me.
That's what the media does, it plant's ideas in peoples heads so as they form an opinion that they want. Same way governments are elected. No doubt at some stage during the game Brayshaw will be booed.

Back