Eddie McGuire returning to co-host The Footy Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

I love The Footy Show - it's been my favourite show for years and it's the funniest show on TV bar none. I can't understand why people don't like it but taste is subjective I guess. It's a show for guys that are just 'guys' and real men which is why I think a lot of elitist latte sipping snobs look down on people who just like an old fashioned good time when watching TV.

I also love The Simpsons, Superhero movies, sleeping in my bed in my Star Wars bedsheets, The Killers, Coldplay, Mumford and Sons and Triple J is my source for cutting edge alternative music - so I know all about masculine guys stuff.
This post is quality prose
Pulls you in from the start, then bam with the twist
Bravo poster. I like your work

Though leave the Simpsons out of this.

Eddie replaces hutchy, Lyon comes back in for bec. Problem solved!
I haven't watched in years.
But from the moment it lost access to game footage and stopped with the game analysis it lost me and became more of a banter show.
I'll give eddies return show a watch and see how he goes. I like Eddie in the media. He seems like he does it for the right reasons and leaves most of his ego at the door (just needs to leave some of the Collingwood too. Not all, just some)

Given his recent fox pedigree, hopefully brings it back to football more

Are you seriously asking me that question? The whole point is that they don't know when they're being offended! Sam Newman does it in a nasty condescending manner in which they just don't compute.

Who am I to label them on a few minutes of tv footage? Please, don't use the reverse generalist approach with me. Look at the way they speak, behave, and interact, you don't need much of a look to get the impression they're not the brightest sparks.

Again, why does street talk only happen in poorer socioeconomic areas? Do you honestly think Newman would pull it off in affluent suburbs?

Come on mate, if you want to be a bogan who takes the piss out of people where the elevator doesn't go to the top floor that's fine, but don't try and defend your targets.

That means they aren't offended.

Just you.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it means that's it's offensive, very offensive. These people just aren't intelligent and are probably quite underprivileged. Taking advantage is wrong. People laughing at it is worse.

You're not intelligent.

They're just people. Weird, wonderful and unique people.

You should get out more.

You're not intelligent.

They're just people. Weird, wonderful and unique people.

You should get out more.
No, the problem is I am intelligent.

Intelligent enough to realise when the piss is being taken from people, and that people like Newman who deliberately take advantage for the entertainment of mid ranking bogans are not very pleasant.

True blue Aussie? Let me guess? You've got a southern cross tattoo on your back, think Muslims are taking all our jobs, complain about high house prices due to foreign investment (will decode if you ask), want Sherman Burgess to be PM, and go to Bali for your annual footy trip?

Awesome parody of a Pavlovian response, bud.

Or do you actually get all triggered up by true blue Aussies?

I had thoughts the country was going down the drain with PC crap - thanks for confirming it... Who are you to label and judge people on a few minutes of tv footage - I think they would be more offended at people like you talking down on them than Sam taking the piss out of them and getting them on TV.

Im not a fan pf PC crap but you're a dinosaur if you laigh at someone making fun of drug ****ed individuals to their faces.

You're welcome to your own tastes, but that s**t turns off the mainstream these days.

No, the problem is I am intelligent.

Intelligent enough to realise when the piss is being taken from people, and that people like Newman who deliberately take advantage for the entertainment of mid ranking bogans are not very pleasant.
Leave your intelligence where it's needed and lighten up. If you don't want to let go of the reality and seriousness of life after a hard days work when watching an old school tv show which built its success on its unrestricted and insensitive banter then go read a book instead

Its basically Hey hey it's Saturday format with a nod to footy. Unwatchable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back