Eddie McGuire returning to co-host The Footy Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Selene9

Senior List
Apr 23, 2010
St. Kilda
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't understand all the Eddie hate? He's had a few stuff ups over the time but as a show host there is currently none better, he brings insights into the inner thinking's of football clubs, has a vast history of knowledge of our game past and present and into his passion is to be admired love him or hate him, he also has a sense of humour and can seperate the professional side and his show business side and is far far better then the s**t we currently have available to us.
He may be ok in small doses, but he is totally over exposed!!

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Plus holds membership on a number of other boards and committees as well

Seriously don't know when he'd even have time to sleep, let alone do anything with his family.
Exactly. The bloke is a machine. At the very least you have to admire his drive, energy and ambition.

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
All good bud, I don't like the man you have a crush on him, no probs.
I don't have a crush on him, couldn't care less to be honest, I don't judge a person because of a couple of past mistakes and form my own opinion of a person.

Selene9

Senior List
Apr 23, 2010
St. Kilda
AFL Club
Carlton
Poor Hutchy, thought he performed well, but he's pretty basic and the rating weren't there so Nine didn't really have much of a choice. I'd prefer Bec gone, so bland and boring.

Eddie is a significant upgrade. Was the absolute backbone of the early Footy Show. There is a pulse.
I like Hutchy on Footy Classified-he was the sacrificial lamb!

And one of Australia's most powerful and influential person going around, but I'm sure it's easy to judge sitting behind a keyboard on how hard someone may or may not have had to work to get to where they are.
One of the most powerful?

He couldn't even run Channel 9 as CEO. He wouldn't even be in the top 20 most powerful and influential in this country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tek87

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
would have been an interesting story if it was the female host getting the chop for Eddie. first week Eddie one on one exclusive with Adam Goodes

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I love the amount of hate this show gets.
These flogs flock to this thread an stroke themselves while typing ' I don't watch it' or 'shows not relative'

I know telling your 3 friends in the real world you don't like it gets boring but the Internet doesn't care either
So what do you do down at Channel Nine?

Clearly on their payroll.

LouderNowBlue

Senior List
Dec 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
True blue Aussie? Let me guess? You've got a southern cross tattoo on your back, think Muslims are taking all our jobs, complain about high house prices due to foreign investment (will decode if you ask), want Sherman Burgess to be PM, and go to Bali for your annual footy trip?

This is a fun game. Let me have a go.

Let me guess? Private school educated, spoon fed everything by mummy and daddy, got a job because of someone your dad knows, go on holidays to the chateau in Paris and a staunch Liberal voter?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is a fun game. Let me have a go.

Let me guess? Private school educated, spoon fed everything by mummy and daddy, got a job because of someone your dad knows, go on holidays to the chateau in Paris and a staunch Liberal voter?
Private school educated - yep
Mummy and daddy - no
Dad knows no one
Can't ski
Swing voter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back