Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
God forbid people disagree with you! Must be the mob :think::think:
I have no respect for anyone who kicked our President when he was down.

He was entitled to see out the year as originally planned. I've said he should have moved on several years ago, but not in these circumstances.

I have nothing but contempt for the football media.

I've stated a view that the club would be better off with Ed's immediate departure.

It doesn't change the fact that Eddie is one of ours, that he's done magnificent things for us, and that he'll always be regarded as a legend of the Collingwood Football Club.

I wish him well.

Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Wizards, Man. United
I have no respect for anyone who kicked our President when he was down.

He was entitled to see out the year as originally planned. I've said he should have moved on several years ago, but not in these circumstances.

I have nothing but contempt for the football media.
I have no respect for people who refuse to see opinions that are different from theirs as legitimate and instead present a one sided view, so I guess we have something in common there.

ThePuma #9

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, FC Barcelona
I'm not a fan of Eddie McGuire but i can't dispute his passion for his club and football in general. I think it's a shame that the media horde and social media beast have run him out of town after 23 years. Say what you like about the man but his contribution should be applauded.

How many other clubs would take on an independent inquiry that no one was calling for? There's a lot of anger about the injustices in the world at the moment and it seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame. Racism has no place in this industry or any industry but to squarely place all blame at his feet is unjust.

Farewell Eddie and thank you for loving the game of footy as much as you have.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I've stated a view that the club would be better off with Ed's immediate departure.

It doesn't change the fact that Eddie is one of ours, that he's done magnificent things for us, and that he'll always be regarded as a legend of the Collingwood Football Club.

I wish him well.
How can someone who has been branded the leader of a systematically racist institution be remembered as a legend of the club? You can't have your cake and eat it. If you believe everything the mob has spewed about him you should be delighted by his sacking. I think it is an absolute disgrace that this man has been forced out.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not a fan of Eddie McGuire but i can't dispute his passion for his club and football in general. I think it's a shame that the media horde and social media beast have run him out of town after 23 years. Say what you like about the man but his contribution should be applauded.

How many other clubs would take on an independent inquiry that no one was calling for? There's a lot of anger about the injustices in the world at the moment and it seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame. Racism has no place in this industry or any industry but to squarely place all blame at his feet is unjust.

Farewell Eddie and thank you for loving the game of footy as much as you have.
Classy comment. Well done

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks Eddie.

I wish the circumstances were different, but you have done the right thing. Our club was in a shambles when you arrived, I'm not sure that even you realised how dire the situation was. Under your tenure we have transformed both good and for worse. You'll always be a legend of the club, and by making this decision today you have garnered my respect one final time as president. It's the right thing to do. Nobody is bigger than the club, and today you have reinforced that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back