Votes: 28 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- when asked for their definition of systematic racism (I can't remember if it was her or her husband who answered this). They said it isn't about specific racist incidents but organisations not having the right processes in place.

Surely that’s a very poor definition of racism?

Is she seriously suggesting that every organisation that doesn’t have “the right“ processes in place has systemic racism?

Surely that’s a very poor definition of racism?

Is she seriously suggesting that every organisation that doesn’t have “the right“ processes in place has systemic racism?
Yeah pretty much. Their answer was a lot more fleshed out than that, but that was the essence of it.

Despite her being hyped up by Libbi as the author of the Collingwood review, it turns out she wasn't on the program to talk about it.

Libbi briefly asked her about it and the points raised by Larissa were:
- it was very brave for an organisation to put such a harsh mirror up to themselves.
- her and the team who wrote the report weren't prepared for the report to leak and they were completely put on the back foot. She mentioned the planning they were doing with the club was obviously massively disrupted by the leak.
- when asked for their definition of systematic racism (I can't remember if it was her or her husband who answered this). They said it isn't about specific racist incidents but organisations not having the right processes in place.

Wot? One of the authors of the report sounds reasonable? Not according to many posts I’ve read on here.
And the issues are both more complicated and potentially more positive than we’ve been lead to believe? Well I never.

Wot? One of the authors of the report sounds reasonable? Not according to many posts I’ve read on here.
And the issues are both more complicated and potentially more positive than we’ve been lead to believe? Well I never.
Yeah very reasonable. Positive probably isn't the word I would use. But she wasn't speaking about the club as if it was a hopeless cause like lots of the discourse has implied.

Despite her being hyped up by Libbi as the author of the Collingwood review, it turns out she wasn't on the program to talk about it.

- it was very brave for an organisation to put such a harsh mirror up to themselves.
- her and the team who wrote the report weren't prepared for the report to leak and they were completely put on the back foot. She mentioned the planning they were doing with the club was obviously massively disrupted by the leak.

Did she ask her why she compared Bess Price being more offensive than having sex with a horse?
Or was that glossed over in typical ABC fashion?

But hey, we all hates Beamsy too ey? So this tweet is probably irrelevant I guess.

I have found it intriguing that many posters have been scathing at Eddie and the club for taking a risk on a bloke with mental health issues, but also have the cheek to be scathing towards the club about suggestions that the club is non-inclusive. It seems that many are just demanding the club to be exclusive based on the individual posters prejudices.

I too hope we're exclusive - and only recruit good footballers. I'm pissed off that we wasted early picks in the past on Richie Cole and Chris Egan and missed guys like Charlie Cameron and Eddie Betts.

There will be a replacement.

I doubt you could even name the past ten AFL Premiership Presidents without using Google. I know I couldnt.

The club will move on and easily find somebody new, probably with a different style and profile. Richmond have an American female in charge!!!

In my mind someone outside the AFL. NRL PERHAPS .. Wayne Bennett 🤣 not so funny. Does not need to support the Pies. Someone with power and respect..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that red faced Ed is gone, it really opens up lots of possibilities for the club. Can they take advantage? I'll keep my expectations managed by just hoping for professional and disciplined leadership.

Who is this guy ???

Disgruntled former employee of Eddie or Collingwood ?

More inclined to believe Father Bobs observation

5875-BAFA-9-BA3-41-DA-A0-F5-53-AE5355-D03-E.jpg

Did she ask her why she compared Bess Price being more offensive than having sex with a horse?
Or was that glossed over in typical ABC fashion?

Reckon the ABC covered it sufficiently when it happened, a decade ago, see below for an example.

Reckon the ABC covered it sufficiently when it happened, a decade ago, see below for an example.

unfortunately the ABC is the devil to the right..

Who is this guy ???

Disgruntled former employee of Eddie or Collingwood ?

More inclined to believe Father Bobs observation

5875-BAFA-9-BA3-41-DA-A0-F5-53-AE5355-D03-E.jpg

He was one of the leaders of a fan group known as the "Knights of Abbotsford" about a decade ago. They were opposed to McGuire.

I'm not 100% certain, but he was a photographer at our VFL games as well.

Looking fwd to the news outlets picking up on this & running with it.

CleverSleepyAustralianshelduck-small.gif

But isn't the current agenda to drag up incidents from a decade ago and scream outrage and try to get those people cancelled?
Or does that only apply to certain agenda's?

But isn't the current agenda to drag up incidents from a decade ago and scream outrage and try to get those people cancelled?
Or does that only apply to certain agenda's?

I hadn't thought so, no, but I can see that the people having a sook about Larissa Behrendt want that to be the agenda.

Haha, f*n deflecting hypocrites.
If you plonkers bring up something from a decade ago it's relevant, systemic and someone has to be cancelled.
If someone from the opposite political spectrum brings it up, they're having a sook.

I know that 'cancel' and 'being cancelled' are all the rage in some circles, but it's not my thing.

Why do you think it's relevant that Behrendt had a go at Bess Price a decade ago?

Edit: There's an irony in being accused of deflection by people who want to silence someone based on an insult from 10 years ago.

I know that 'cancel' and 'being cancelled' are all the rage in some circles, but it's not my thing.

Why do you think it's relevant that Behrendt had a go at Bess Price a decade ago?

I don't, likewise I don't think its relevant that Eddie McGuire is forced to resign for comments attributed almost a decade ago.

I don't, likewise I don't think its relevant that Eddie McGuire is forced to resign for comments attributed almost a decade ago.

I think that the cause of Ed's resignation is a bit more involved than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back