Votes: 28 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champers better. It won't flare up your gout.

Wholesome living means I don't have an issue with gout. Won't hazard a guess at all the unwholesome activity you might have indulged in.

If anyone knows the story of Icarus.. the *en waxed wings and *en s**t like that re.. flying *en way too close to the sun.. that's Ed right there mate.. got involved in way too much s**t.. rather than fly under the radar or at a nice steady altitude and that re.. got way too greedy.. and fell flat on his ass..

What powerhouse? What.. with all the caps.. what are we in the EPL? We were never going to end up like a Fitzroy or a Nth Melbourne.. there was always going to be someone that was going to step in and do a reasonable job.. someone with better business acumen.. someone that understands that it's not necessarily a wonderful thing to involve yourself in an infinite number of causes.. just so that Collingwood can boast about being at the forefront of this and that.. take it eeeeasyyy re..

You want an award winning dinner plate that resembles the Gimp's mate.. not something like the srs with nothing in it.. or overdone like the ss's. Good quality ingredients.. with subtle touches of brilliance. Get involved in the community and other sports.. that's fine.. but seriously.. let's not run off a list that extends from here to Timbuktu mate. That's it mate.

Last edited:
If anyone knows the story of Icarus.. the fu**en waxed wings and fu**en sh*t like that re.. flying fu**en way too close to the sun.. that's Ed right there mate.. got involved in way too much sh*t.. rather than fly under the radar or at a nice steady altitude and that re.. got way too greedy.. and fell flat on his ass..

What powerhouse? What.. with all the caps.. what are we in the EPL? We were never going to end up like a Fitzroy or a Nth Melbourne.. there was always going to be someone that was going to step in and do a reasonable job.. someone with better business acumen.. someone that understands that it's not necessarily a wonderful thing to involve yourself in an infinite number of causes.. just so that Collingwood can boast about being at the forefront of this and that.. take it eeeeasyyy re..

You want an award winning dinner plate that resembles the Gimp's mate.. not something like the srs with nothing in it.. or overdone like the ss's. Good quality ingredients.. with subtle touches of brilliance. Get involved in the community and other sports.. that's fine.. but seriously.. let's not run off a list that extends from here to Timbuktu mate. That's it mate.
1613701117134.png

I completely disagree with your generalisation that people tend toward conservatism as they age. People of my generation are growing more progressive as they’ve lived through the rise of social media and begin to better understand the impacts of climate change.

Boomers were living through a post war expansion era whereas millennials are living through a post globalisation social media expansion era. IMO, that will throw up far more progressive views as people age.

As with all generations and walks of life there are non conformists which breeds a hardcore on either the left or right. Whether you’re with Antifa or the proud boys that’s the extreme and thankfully the silent minority.

I’m going to take my leave of the discussion though because my agist views mean I won’t be giving ground on the wrongs of the boomer generation and I don’t think that’s a positive the the thread.
I agree with your opinion. The like was not because you were leaving the discussion.
The whole boomer tag is diversionary rubbish, just like Scomo's "Canberra Bubble". The one he runs, full of Liberal party rapists? WINK

Even Paul Kelly melted fax to fix his wings.. dumb.
That would be dumb alright....
fax-machine-5.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wholesome living means I don't have an issue with gout. Won't hazard a guess at all the unwholesome activity you might have indulged in.
People who claim to be wholesome can sometimes be the exact opposite.

If anyone knows the story of Icarus.. the fu**en waxed wings and fu**en sh*t like that re.. flying fu**en way too close to the sun.. that's Ed right there mate.. got involved in way too much sh*t.. rather than fly under the radar or at a nice steady altitude and that re.. got way too greedy.. and fell flat on his ass..

Eds a champion of the club, and the game. Done more footy than most. The AFL needs a statue and recognition of his tremendous impact on the game.

One of our greats.

Eds a champion of the club, and the game. Done more footy than most. The AFL needs a statue and recognition of his tremendous impact on the game.

One of our greats.

The AFL needs a statue of him? Rightio. Makes me feel better as a Collingwood supporter.

The AFL needs a statue of him? Rightio. Makes me feel better as a Collingwood supporter.

It should if you look at Eds impact across the game, broadcasting, corporate sponsorships, making current players, coaches, and ex personalities more accessible in primetime viewing. The success of the game skyrocketed into more professional, financial, successful, accessible brand, greater interaction with grassroots supporters, clubs, avg joe in the street, wit by mail, and almost football legends.

He brought the professional narrative, played the straight guy to some juvenile footy culture, light entertainment that bought and unified all elements together, in a cult of personality, enthusiasm, narrative and branding. This cant be denied. Nor should it.

Eddie "everywhere" McGuire is a bonefide AFL Legend - The Great Unifier

Last edited:
It should if you look at Eds impact across the game, broadcasting, corporate sponsorships, making current players, coaches, and ex personalities more accessible in primetime viewing. The success of the game skyrocketed into more professional and greater interaction with grassroots supporters, clubs, avg joe in the street, or wit by mail.

He brought the professional narrative, played the straight guy to some juvenile footy culture, light entertainment that bought all elements together.

Re.. 1 premiership in 23 yrs.

It's about setting up Collingwood to win premierships.. failure! Why.. write a blurb about that while you're at it.

Last edited:
Re.. 1 premiership in 23 yrs.

It's about setting up Collingwood to win premierships.. failure! Why.. right a blurb about that while you're at it.

Premierships arent easy to win.

Ive witnessed under Ed
2002, RU
2003, RU,
2007* (lost to Geelong for GF birth by 5pts)
2010 GF,
2011, RU
2012 (4th)
rebuild
2018 RU

Including 18mths of the best footy ive seen us play. (2010-2011)

Our home guerney $20mil, our away guernsey $20mil, equal record most expensive sporting sponsorship deals in Australia.

Bought Malthouse and Bucks to the club. Collingwood Legends. Improved our facilities in one of the most sort after sporting hubs, prime location.
Our financials. Our brand. Our corporate and public profile inc some blockbuster games. Were a destination club and a primetime club. We get 15 free to air games a year. Our home ground is the MCG.

Weve been very successful on and off the field.

Last edited:
Ive witnessed under Ed 2002, 2003, 2007* (lost to Geelong in GF birth by 5pts) 2010 GF, 2011, 2012 (4th) rebuild to contend 2018 GF. Including 18mths of the best footy ive seen us play.

Our home guerney $20mil, our away guernsey $20mil, equal record most expensive sporting sponsorship deals in Australia.

Bought Malthouse and Bucks to the club. Collingwood Legends. Improved our facilities. Our financials. Our brand. Our corporate and public profile inc some blockbuster games. Were a destination club and a primetime club. We get 15 free to air games a year. Our home ground is the MCG.

Weve been very successful on and off the field.

🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back