News Eddie McGuire to step down end of 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Trouble is now all the interest will deflect to Eddie and how the various power groups have bought him down. The gist and work of the report will maybe drown under this.

Eddie deserves thanks for what he has done for our club, made his mistakes but who hasn't

Trouble is now all the interest will deflect to Eddie and how the various power groups have bought him down. The gist and work of the report will maybe drown under this.

Eddie deserves thanks for what he has done for our club, made his mistakes but who hasn't
It’ll die down. This will take the media heat off the club.

Absolute joke i wanted Eddie to move on but to come to this the media hounding and harrasing him to resign

Ive never cared so less about AFL than i ever have right now with who knows wtf is going to happen this year and now this 2021 is already looking like a ******* right off.

* this.

I feel we live in the age of celebrity and sensationalism. This will appease the names who couldn't stop themselves shouting from the sidelines and they will be more interested in their next move rather than whether anything meaningful comes of the report.

Hanging Ed out to dry as a solution doesn't sit well with me. Cant see that doing that helps solves the problems just starts another fire that needs to be put out.

In addition it does nothing to help reasoned and thoughtful change just paints Collingwood as a bastion of racism that couldn't go on as it is. We are being seen as the issue not the other clubs, the AFL and society which is where change is occuring and is unfinished. I suspect a lot will be happy to pin the issue on Collingwood and leave it at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In addition it does nothing to help reasoned and thoughtful change just paints Collingwood as a bastion of racism that couldn't go on as it is. We are being seen as the issue not the other clubs, the AFL and society which is where change is occuring and is unfinished. I suspect a lot will be happy to pin the issue on Collingwood and leave it at that.
The problem is your president (very soon to be former) has form and so does Gil.....he has to be next.

Unfortunately the cynic in me thinks that’s probably part of the plan...

My two cents though that he really couldn’t stay on to implement change when he was so central to our problems.

Unfortunately the cynic in me thinks that’s probably part of the plan...

My two cents though that he really couldn’t stay on to implement change when he was so central to our problems.
Agree with that but we needed a better exit for him.

The problem is your president (very soon to be former) has form and so does Gil.....he has to be next.
I agree he should go but hot by the masses baying for his blood. Just makes it harder for a meaningful response to the report. I suspect for a lot of people on both sides of this fence thats of secondary importance.

All credit to Ed and what he has done for our club and the community over the last 22 years, more credit to him for seeing the current situation and the fact that to move forward and not have our year compromised by the constant chatter over this issue he needed to go now to create clear air for the club to enact the change required and have a decent crack this season.

I have wanted him to go for a while now, while this isnt the ideal exit it is the necessary one currently......

Great Collingwood man.

Imo Eddie is a prick and always pushed ahead his agendas as a media man and with his pull within the AFL.

But I don't actually believe he is a racist and I think it is a shame that he should be tarred as one.
I think it's a shame for him to go out with that as the apparent reason hanging in the air.
There are plenty of other reasons he should go but I personally don't think it's right he goes out stamped in this way.

And before anyone gets on their high horse at me I say this as a brown man.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
- Harvey Dent, Dark Knight

If anyone thinks this will release the media heat on the club (or Heritier for that matter), think again!

Nah, axes to grind in all corners, the club is decades away from any meaningful reparation.

We'll be hated forever, for being racists, I'd rather our club be hated for being successful but that's not likely to happen for a long time either.

s**t show either way, am right at the end of my tether.

:poo: :(:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back