Eddie McGuire - What Do You Say Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Earlier in the week, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire was quite outspoken & firm in his views on those who transgress the AFL's covid rules :

Speaking on Triple M radio today, McGuire applauded the AFL for issuing a strict rule book for those in the hub and said big penalties needed to apply.

“If you do this… you’re all clear. If you do that… you’re in big trouble. If any one transgresses you’re on the plane home, we’re not going to cop this stuff. I think that’s where it has got to be,” he said.

“It’s just got to be so clear cut that no one can have any mitigation that I though this happened, or I heard that that happened. I thought I could do this… no you can’t. Bang.

What is he going to say about this then :

Collingwood is the latest club to become embroiled in a potential breach of the AFL’s strict COVID-19 protocols.
And it involves a former world No. 8 female tennis player, Nathan Buckley and senior assistant Brenton Sanderson.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the league will investigate whether Magpies coach Buckley and Sanderson played tennis with Alicia Molik.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish Eddie would just go home... and never come back

I’m 90% McGuire is still in Victoria.

Bucks on the other hand should be on the first flight home according to McGuire’s statements and Mark McGowan’s threats.

Bucks on the other hand should be on the first flight home according to McGuire’s statements and Mark McGowan’s threats.
I was kinda figuratively speaking as in wish Eddie would just **** off out the AFL media/Collingwood presidency /AFL think tanks etc just over having to constantly hear his grandstanding and subsequent back tracking every 2 weeks on every issue the AFL puts up for discussion

Depending on when it was Collingwood were probably out of quarantine so wouldn't have breached WA rules just the AFL's

Australians, and people in general, have a great capacity to forgive people who make mistakes (ie Sidebottom, Buckley, Sanderson).

What Australians, and people in general, can never forgive is loud mouthed consistent hypocrites (ie Eddie McGuire).

McGuire is loathed by nearly all, including a lot of Collingwood people. He needs the game a hell of a lot more than the game needs him. He needs Collingwood a hell of a lot more than Collingwood needs him. He did a good job for Collingwood 20 yrs ago, but they just don't need him and his ever presence in the media anymore. They haven't needed him for a long time in fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back