Eddie McGuire

Remove this Banner Ad

Great journo
Great president
Great commentator
Awesome at reading out questions to dimwits
Great TV show presenter
But for some reason I still hate him.......
agree with all of the above except for the commentator part.

*en shockin

Thought he did a great job. He at least pretended he's interested.

As long as he doesn't commentate WC vs a Vic team he does an awesome job.

Garry Lyon on the other hand can't hide his disdain for us, not sure why we keep getting him.

What’s up with this guy? He got almost everyone’s name wrong tonight. What a shocker!
I have also noticed this. His recall is fading, due to age I would guess, happens to most people at some stage.

I still enjoy his infectious love of footy when he commentates. It is real.

Contra Bradcock commentating North games with his miserable low grade ozzy vernacular and mundane comments.

Rate his story of coming from basically being the work experience kid to running channel 9

Says a lot for kissing the right arses, hanging around footballers at nightclubs with drink cards. Ultimate sycophant. Unfortunately 90% of people kiss his arse now due to the influence he has. Nothing happens in Melbourne without him either ticking off on it or knowing about it.

Made some silly blunders along the way, but he has been good for the game.

^^^^spot on

Also I've said it before. If he commentated normal he would be good. He overdoes it and his fake screaming ruins it.

He goes overboard and tries too hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was difficult to not view his talking up of West Coast through the lens of him being the pres. of the team that we beat last week and in September. Felt insincere, I suspect because it was.
He is shocking when calling carlton games, he hates their guts but goes completely overboard when commentating them, barracking for them, so fake and ingenuine.

Yeah he has a lot of flog tendencies but that's also 90% of media guys who are involved in AFL. There's better, and there's worse.

I’m pretty neutral on him - probably because he doesn’t do many Freo games. That said, his commentary for the last 30 seconds of the after the siren win at the G against the Tigers a couple of years ago was pretty much perfect. Only ruined by Lynch’s groan when Mundy slotted it straight down the middle.

Underrated commentator. Take him over Derwayne easily.

I loved it a few years ago when he called a Crows v Hawks game back at Football Park, and absolutely ripped into an awful decision where Scott Thompson got penalized for the softest push in history, meanwhile you have Wayne Carey who tries to shove the shitty new rules down your throat as if Steve Hocking had a gun to his head while commentating...

People always complain Eddie and Collingwood. Even though he hasn’t called any of their games excluding press red for ed( which is done for humour).

Yet JB regularly calls north games on 7 , with biased commentary . Plus Melbourne renegades games during bbl season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back