Eddie McGuires Statement šŸ˜‰

Remove this Banner Ad

"Look I understand the disappointment, I understand the fans hate seeing guys like Adz and Stevo leave, I do understand that. I hate it too. I am a fan as well. But we have to be realistic, this is a business and we need to get better. The whole club, the whole club was together on this, so we don't hang Ned Guy out to dry, we don't hang bucks out to dry, it was all of us and we were United that this was the best way to go. This is the best decision for the club, the fans may not see that right now, but this is what had to happen."

"Nobody is to blame for the salary cap, this isn't a fire sale, that's nonsense rubbish that has been coming out of the media, and they have played their part in getting our fans angry, but we haven't said anything. So a lot of what's happened has been a complete circus that these journos drum up at this time of year."

"We need a different look, we need to get more talent in and we think we will do that. Any real fan of the club is gonna stick with us in these times, side by side, the rest are just the kind of people that drop off in the harder times."

"Absolutely we have absolute faith in Ned Guy and absolutely we have faith in Nathan Buckley. Look we are a pretty competitive footy club, if you look back over the past few years, we are one of the most competitive. I think it pretty disrespectful the way we are being talked about."

"Not at all thinking about moving on, I couldn't be more driven to take this club to the next level, out of the problems of COVID next year and to some real stability...and I'm very confident, of on field success next year."

"We didn't say anything about Adz at all, that was all you guys, the journos, speaking to I don't know who, so no, I don't feel bad about the way he was treated, sad to see him in New colours, but as I said before, footy is a business."

"Look I understand the disappointment, I understand the fans hate seeing guys like Adz and Stevo leave, I do understand that. I hate it too. I am a fan as well. But we have to be realistic, this is a business and we need to get better. The whole club, the whole club was together on this, so we don't hang Ned Guy out to dry, we don't hang bucks out to dry, it was all of us and we were United that this was the best way to go. This is the best decision for the club, the fans may not see that right now, but this is what had to happen."

"Nobody is to blame for the salary cap, this isn't a fire sale, that's nonsense rubbish that has been coming out of the media, and they have played their part in getting our fans angry, but we haven't said anything. So a lot of what's happened has been a complete circus that these journos drum up at this time of year."

"We need a different look, we need to get more talent in and we think we will do that. Any real fan of the club is gonna stick with us in these times, side by side, the rest are just the kind of people that drop off in the harder times."

"Absolutely we have absolute faith in Ned Guy and absolutely we have faith in Nathan Buckley. Look we are a pretty competitive footy club, if you look back over the past few years, we are one of the most competitive. I think it pretty disrespectful the way we are being talked about."

"Not at all thinking about moving on, I couldn't be more driven to take this club to the next level, out of the problems of COVID next year and to some real stability...and I'm very confident, of on field success next year."

"We didn't say anything about Adz at all, that was all you guys, the journos, speaking to I don't know who, so no, I don't feel bad about the way he was treated, sad to see him in New colours, but as I said before, footy is a business."
This is pathetic. It shows how delusional and out of touch with reality he is. He breathes his own farts. It shows how stupid he thinks the rest of the world is.
He is nothing but a pathetic cheap used car salesman now.
Incompetent clown game show host little emperor! Get him out of my club!

Ah sorry guys I thought it was more obvious, this is what he will say in about 6 hours. I was trying to get in first.
LoL... you prick!
But to be honest it sounds exactly what I'd expect Eddy to say. You could be his speech writer. I may be a bit drunk and angry tonight though.. might be clouding my comprehension a tad...

Get ****ed Eddie. The media arenā€™t the reason we are angry the media are now telling it as it is! Itā€™s the blokes like Ned guy that are lying to the fans!!!
Time you went too Eddie! Disgrace!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie still believes we won the 2018 GF.
ā€œIf you count the legal scores we won easily. It was obvious that Dom Sheed scored an illegal goal, heā€™s been doing it for years. The only way WCE could win the game was by cheating but you wonā€™t hear the fake news saying that. I have a plan a big beautiful plan, a plan that quite frankly is a plan so beautiful that people have come up to me, big people, big strong guys who never cry. They have come up to me and said thank you sir this plan is so beautiful I just wanted to thank you and they cry. My lawyers from the firm, Jackson, Capper and Kink will be filling papers tomorrow and they are the best papers, only the best papers that will prove that we won the 2018 GF.ā€

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ (yes itā€™s 2:30 am and Iā€™m still awake and annoyed but this thread was mildly amusing so I thought Iā€™d join in)

Lol. If it wasnā€™t a fire sale, then why did we get rid of Treloar and Stephenson for hardly anything in return.

This has nothing to do with the media. Objectively, both were s**t trades.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Genuinely insulted by that.

I've been through my fair share of hard times with Collingwood, but never, not once in my entire life have i ever considered turning my back on them. Until now. To undermine and insult the passion I've bled for this club my entire life over their own incompetence just shows me that the media were right about how they've treated the players.

First they make the players feel like they are problem, now they're trying to male the fans who have had enough of their bullshit feel like they're the problem.

Go and get ****ed Ed.

Last edited:
Genuinely insulted by that.

I've been through my fair share of hard times with Collingwood, but never, not once in my entire life have i ever considered turning my back on them. Until now. To undermine and insult the passion I've bled for this club my entire life over their own incompetence just shows me that the media were right about how they've treated the players. Make them the problem, not us.
You arenā€™t alone. Usually when players are trades out while contracted they understand and happy to move on. These ******* players wanted to stay for * sake.

Itā€™s just disgusting

Ah sorry guys I thought it was more obvious, this is what he will say in about 6 hours. I was trying to get in first.

I was thinking ā€˜finally, something from the club to soothe our heaving heartsā€™, and even ā€˜for once, Edie is sounding statesmanlikeā€™, although I didnā€™t like the bit about him staying on...and on...

Cheers, good stuff:thumbsu:

Eddie still believes we won the 2018 GF.
ā€œIf you count the legal scores we won easily. It was obvious that Dom Sheed scored an illegal goal, heā€™s been doing it for years. The only way WCE could win the game was by cheating but you wonā€™t hear the fake news saying that. I have a plan a big beautiful plan, a plan that quite frankly is a plan so beautiful that people have come up to me, big people, big strong guys who never cry. They have come up to me and said thank you sir this plan is so beautiful I just wanted to thank you and they cry. My lawyers from the firm, Jackson, Capper and Kink will be filling papers tomorrow and they are the best papers, only the best papers that will prove that we won the 2018 GF.ā€

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ (yes itā€™s 2:30 am and Iā€™m still awake and annoyed but this thread was mildly amusing so I thought Iā€™d join in)

Fantastic! First smile from me in days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back