Eddie McGuires Statement 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee there are some dumb campaigners on this board, I guess I'm guilty as well but there you go. Typical response from idiots that don't see the big picture, if Pies wanted to keep these players they wouldn't have be booted out, clear and simple, obviously there is more to it but glad Pies have shut media out, you can argue it wasn't handled properly but the only response we've had is from jilted players & the parasite media feasting on the carcass looking for a headline, if anyone heard Garrrrrrry Lyon this morning it was probably the most pure seeking me me me moment of all time, twisting words to suits the narrative, shocking, he should look in his own background for moral respect.

We've cleared salary cap, we have 2 first Rd picks, potential 3, we have some good F&S + NG players in the next 2 years. Think we will all survive.

We already had one first round pick. I love that selective input, we have two first round picks. Yep, we gained one and lost Treloar, Phillips and Stephenson. And that first round pick is at number 14. Sip up that koolaid.

Gee there are some dumb campaigners on this board, I guess I'm guilty as well but there you go. Typical response from idiots that don't see the big picture, if Pies wanted to keep these players they wouldn't have be booted out, clear and simple, obviously there is more to it but glad Pies have shut media out, you can argue it wasn't handled properly but the only response we've had is from jilted players & the parasite media feasting on the carcass looking for a headline, if anyone heard Garrrrrrry Lyon this morning it was probably the most pure seeking me me me moment of all time, twisting words to suits the narrative, shocking, he should look in his own background for moral respect.

We've cleared salary cap, we have 2 first Rd picks, potential 3, we have some good F&S + NG players in the next 2 years. Think we will all survive.
We already had one first round pick and a second first round quality player locked up in our NGA. Now we've got two first round picks and no points to match a bid on Reef besides those two 1st rounders. So we've added a first round pick at the expense of almost certainly going into points deficit next year, assuming a team like GWS or Essendon want to screw us.

Bringing in Reef and Daicos could be good. They could be stars. Problem was Treloar and Stephenson already were at that level, and we had to sell them for cents on the dollar because of our own colossal mismanagement.

Ultimately we brought in an additional first rounder and cap space at the expense of an A-grade midfielder, our one and only Rising Star winner, a winger in our 22 and draft flexibility. That's a huge failure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back