Roast Eddie not at Womens Game

Thoughts about this?

• Sack Ed already over this

• Poor form of Ed

• Duh what?

• It's Ed's choice, it's a free society

• Ed did good, he made the right decision to go to the boxing.

• I'm giving Ed the benefit of the doubt that attending AFLW would have been unreasonable impost

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This from Pert...
"You would also know that at the game on Friday night the entire club was there.
The players from the AFL team, the players from the netball team, our board and our executive.
It was a fantastically well represented night for the club".

No need for Ed to be there only to be ridiculed and filmed constantly.
Anzac
Excellent post, that's a fantastic attendance of suppprt.

Matter closed :p

images

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...h/news-story/7f17730a9572e2537994a783d5ecfd26
Foxfooty.com.au understands that McGuire was not paid any extra to be the front man for the broadcast. It is a stipulation of his contract that he is available to host and/or commentate major sporting events.
Pert said:
“I knew that it (the boxing bout) was something that was locked in many months ago. The AFL was aware, we were aware and as soon as the fixture came out, he made that aware to everyone.”

Eddie doing the boxing was simply part of his existing contract, it wasn't an add on and was well known for months.

Australia’s first ever female winter Olympic gold medallist Alisa Camplin delivered the pre-game address at the president’s function in McGuire’s absence, while the rest of the club’s board, men’s players, netball team and executives were in attendance.

Obviously this excludes our netballers in England, who like McGuire were doing their job

At the time the Mundine v Green fight was announced in late October last year, the inaugural AFLW game had been flagged for Saturday 4 February, which would have left McGuire free to attend both marquee sporting events.

However the prospect of a clash with US rock star Bruce Springsteen’s concert prompted the AFL to bring the date forward to Friday 3 February when the official fixture was announced on December 9.

Also seems someone has been using this thread for background information

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...h/news-story/7f17730a9572e2537994a783d5ecfd26

Eddie doing the boxing was simply part of his existing contract, it wasn't an add on and was well known for months.

Obviously this excludes our netballers in England, who like McGuire were doing their job

Also seems someone has been using this thread for background information

Lets see if Wilson, Sheehan, etc have the courage to admit they jumped the gun?

I highly doubt it....

Edit - Definitely poor research on their part rather than the bolded.

Last edited:
No mention at all about the right pole on the women's run through banner snapping in half , when it was first lifted before the women ran out ?

Then being hastily repaired by the banner holders , then fracturing again just before the women ran through it.

No mention at all about the right pole on the women's run through banner snapping in half , when it was first lifted before the women ran out ?

Then being hastily repaired by the banner holders , then fracturing again just before the women ran through it.
Surely some how that's Eddie's fault too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumped the gun or lacking proper research?
It's the proper research that is pathetic which hence leads to jumping the gun.

Dear old mike Sheahan, grand pa, was on about Jobe and returning the physical medal.
Going on like a two bob watch to Tim Watson this morning.

How ridiculous some of these journalists are, just trying and trying to make a story somehow.

A bit like their game - I'm sure both will improve in time

Ed is a multi millionaire so he doesn't "have" to do anything, he chose not to attend and be chose wrong, there's no defending it.
I think that is incorrect he had committed to the fight as part of his ongoing contract way before the women's match was scheduled. The women's match was rescheduled from Saturday night to Friday. Commitments are commitments no matter how rich someone is, should not matter.

Pretty sure Eddie would have wanted to be there and probably gutted that he missed it.

Last edited:
All just a piss poor bit of Eddie bashing as far as I'm concerned. Makes headlines = makes cash for newspapers. Garbage reporting by garbage journos.

So let me get this straight:

Eddie accepts/required to do boxing event that, at the time, was on a different night to Collingwood's first game.

Collingwood's first game is moved to same night as said boxing event.

Eddie stays true to his contract which therefore means he has to miss Collingwood's first game.

Am I missing something here? President or not I'm pretty sure that Eddie can't just walk away from an obligation. Just Eddie-bashing for the sake of Eddie bashing.

All just a piss poor bit of Eddie bashing as far as I'm concerned. Makes headlines = makes cash for newspapers. Garbage reporting by garbage journos.
It's certainly fair enough to have a go at the media types involved in the "Eddie bashing", it's a pathetic effort by them. What's so disappointing is to see all the people in here who are happy to sink the boots in as well, even after Eddie's absence appears to have been satisfactorily explained.

Back