Eddie raving about another club

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed always tends to gush about opposition clubs in an effort to seem unbiased. God knows why he’d bother putting in the effort as the President of a club, it’s usually pretty cringeworthy.

Maybe if he’d given Balme the same power to make changes while he was at Collingwood while he was here instead of dicking him with Gubby then we wouldn’t have to anticipate the horror that might be a Richmond premiership.

Let me get this right Apex36......if we had Balme as opposed to Walsh we would have made the changes necessary to make the GF in 2017?

We play the victim card better than any Club.

******* Gubby he should hung for what he did to our Club.

P.S Well done to the Tigers and Dusty they deserve to be playing for the Cup in 2017.

Ed doing his other job, the one he gets the big bucks for.

Without bias I think Cotchin should go for that bump, Dermie was right IMHO, he wasn't reaching for the ball, he chose to bump and went high.

I don't think he will go and that will be the best call.

It really grated watching our Collingwood president rave and rant in an apoplexy of excitement when he talked about Richmond and their supporters today.. It is even more galling when the club he oversees has been so poor for a number of years. It's one thing to be unbiased and magnanimous but he seems almost as hysterical about Richmond's win as he was when we made GF's. I am trying to imagine another club president-say from Carlton or Essendon going purple in the face as he raves about the magnificent Collinwood footy club and their fantastic supporters. Not right.

Yeah, but Eddie's a bit of a dunce, so ....

Ed always tends to gush about opposition clubs in an effort to seem unbiased. God knows why he’d bother putting in the effort as the President of a club, it’s usually pretty cringeworthy.

Maybe if he’d given Balme the same power to make changes while he was at Collingwood while he was here instead of dicking him with Gubby then we wouldn’t have to anticipate the horror that might be a Richmond premiership.
Most memorable example was going psycho commentating a Carlton win a couple of years back

Let me get this right Apex36......if we had Balme as opposed to Walsh we would have made the changes necessary to make the GF in 2017?
I don’t believe I said that at all. Read my post again.
We play the victim card better than any Club.

******* Gubby he should hung for what he did to our Club.

P.S Well done to the Tigers and Dusty they deserve to be playing for the Cup in 2017.
You’re bringing Gubby’s exploits in to this, not me. Take my post at face value. If Balme was not at Richmond to implement the cleanout and changes over last offseason I don’t think Richmond would be in the position they are. If we’d given Balme the freedom he’s had at Richmond to fix their FD during his time at Collingwood we’d be in a better place than we are now.
You know I’m not a fan of Gubby, but none of the above has anything to do with him. I just take issue with the way he was forced in rather than giving Balme the opportunity to implement change himself.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the whole "Look what can happen when you show faith in the coach" thing. If Hardwick can puill this off, no doubt Ed will (probably already has) draw similarities with Buckley

How one can draw similarities between this whole 'look what can happen if you stick it out' rubbish when advocating another s**t coach is beyond stupidity.

This is not a case of comparing apples with apples.

Clutching at straws yet again Ed.. child!

I will tell u exactly why he is doing it, trying to use Richmond as an example on why he kept Buckley as coach to show if they can do it we can do it.
Its pathetic, and im so over his attempts to make other examples the reason he makes his bias decisions.

He lacks education Ed! He reverts to being an airhead far too many times for my liking. I am really struggling to watch him on tv to be honest.

Richmond has had no injuries and the second easiest draw. Give the Tigers the same injuries as the Giants and they would be nowhere.

Would of won the Wooden Spoon

I don’t believe I said that at all. Read my post again.

You’re bringing Gubby in to this, not me. Take my post at face value. If Balme was not at Richmond to implement the cleanout and changes over last offseason I don’t think Richmond would be in the position they are. If we’d given Balme the freedom he’s had at Richmond to fix their FD during his time at Collingwood we’d be in a better place than we are now.
You know I’m not a fan of Gubby, but none of the above has anything to do with him.

I actually don't care if you don't like Gubby......you mentioned him by the way.

Balme did * all at our Club, he was a "Bucks yes man".........you are mistaken if you don't think he had a free reign at our Club.

Richmond 2017 has got many similarities to St.Kilda 2010 to me. Adelaide is the best team but if Dusty plays a blinder anything can happen.

I actually don't care if you don't like Gubby......you mentioned him by the way.

Balme did **** all at our Club, he was a "Bucks yes man".........you are mistaken if you don't think he had a free reign at our Club.

Richmond 2017 has got many similarities to St.Kilda 2010 to me. Adelaide is the best team but if Dusty plays a blinder anything can happen.
Edited my post for clarification on Gubby.

Whether or not Balme was a Buckley yes man, he clearly wasn’t given any directive to implement change. It should have been put to him to fix things rather than bringing someone in over the top. Just unprofessional all round by the club in the way it was handled.

Edited my post for clarification on Gubby.

Whether or not Balme was a Buckley yes man, he clearly wasn’t given any directive to implement change. It should have been put to him to fix things rather than bringing someone in over the top. Just unprofessional all round by the club in the way it was handled.

That's your opinion.....even after your editing it is wrong as far as I am concerned.

I agree with Domus, Eddies Richmond love in was annoying today.

For some maybe, for others not.
Have a drink with me.

index_1.jpg

How can you not be swept up in the unbridled joy of a long-suffering supporter base experience a snippet of success. good luck to the Tiges. I can't feel anything but happy, when I think of my long suffering Tiger mates who've endured years of mockery - usually with the ability to see humour in their woes, yet have somehow remained incredibly passionate and committed. They are a fabulous group of supporters, second only to us. Go Tigers.

And let's face it watching Dustin Martin play footy is amazing. I'm with Eddie in his enthusiasm for Richmond's season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back