Scandal Eddie Slams Internet Rumours About Gay Players

Remove this Banner Ad

From the internet

EDDIE McGuire has shut down speculation a gay AFL player will come out on this week’s episode of The Footy Show.

In response to what McGuire says is “internet rumour and innuendo”, he assured Australia the AFL’s first openly gay player would not be revealing themselves on the show this week.

“I can tell you that is absolute nonsense. No, that’s not going to happen, that’s not happening,” McGuire told 96FM Perth’s Carmen & Fitzi on Wednesday morning.

There you go
Another Fitzi rumour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think most of this generation really care if some one jumps to the other side 'for a quick tour of the grounds'. Sure, they'd still call them a homo if they think present company demanded it, but ultimately I don't think young people really brand their peers like we did (unless they hate the prick or it's waved in people's faces). Non issue these days and pretty f***en average to pot people.

From the internet

EDDIE McGuire has shut down speculation a gay AFL player will come out on this week’s episode of The Footy Show.

In response to what McGuire says is “internet rumour and innuendo”, he assured Australia the AFL’s first openly gay player would not be revealing themselves on the show this week.

“I can tell you that is absolute nonsense. No, that’s not going to happen, that’s not happening,” McGuire told 96FM Perth’s Carmen & Fitzi on Wednesday morning.

There you go
Eddie needs to wake up and smell the coffee. There are gay people in every walk of life, even footballers.
I'm not sure if we have a gay pride round, if not I'm sure we will have one soon and chase the pink buck

Again, it’s going to take time. The majority of the football dollar still comes from the over 45 demographic, a lot less likely to have an out gay in their social group than the younger cohort where it’s uncommon not to be mates with at least one person who is out.

Eddie needs to wake up and smell the coffee. There are gay people in every walk of life, even footballers.
I'm not sure if we have a gay pride round, if not I'm sure we will have one soon and chase the pink buck

Maybe you should look at the OP, read it properly, then respond rather than shooting off on an unrelated tangent.

Again, it’s going to take time. The majority of the football dollar still comes from the over 45 demographic, a lot less likely to have an out gay in their social group than the younger cohort where it’s uncommon not to be mates with at least one person who is out.
Won't take long, i know several groups of kids who have openly gay friends, none of em care, not like in my day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back