Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
From the internet

EDDIE McGuire has shut down speculation a gay AFL player will come out on this week’s episode of The Footy Show.

In response to what McGuire says is “internet rumour and innuendo”, he assured Australia the AFL’s first openly gay player would not be revealing themselves on the show this week.

“I can tell you that is absolute nonsense. No, that’s not going to happen, that’s not happening,” McGuire told 96FM Perth’s Carmen & Fitzi on Wednesday morning.

There you go

From the internet

EDDIE McGuire has shut down speculation a gay AFL player will come out on this week’s episode of The Footy Show.

In response to what McGuire says is “internet rumour and innuendo”, he assured Australia the AFL’s first openly gay player would not be revealing themselves on the show this week.

“I can tell you that is absolute nonsense. No, that’s not going to happen, that’s not happening,” McGuire told 96FM Perth’s Carmen & Fitzi on Wednesday morning.

There you go
Was he quoted on ?
Pendles going to Crows?
Bolton being signed as coach?
The collingwood "schoolgirl"?

Eddie's upset, oh dear, I can just imagine him saying/thinking
Those pesky keyboard warriors who must have their say. Why don't they have the guts to call on radio so I can dump them
whenever I want. Don't they know how hard it is to be a talking head.

Hysteria25 eyCrow, post: 51784874, member: 171140"]From the internet

There you go[/QUOTE]
Hysteria25 should get a thread ban for starting the thread by making up sh't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a bit rich that a member of the football media, an industry that couldn't survive without unsubstantiated rumours, should be complaining about rumours on social media. :)

Agreed, if something "unsubstantiated" gets posted on an internet forum/social media, then media types like him and Caro cry foul and say it's trolling or cyber bullying.

Yet the same journos and columnists run with stories quoted from unnamed "industry sources" all the time. Oh the ironing.

Agreed, if something "unsubstantiated" gets posted on an internet forum/social media, then media types like him and Caro cry foul and say it's trolling or cyber bullying.

Yet the same journos and columnists run with stories quoted from unnamed "industry thources" all the time. Oh the ironing.

Fixed.

From the internet

There you go

It is hilarious when micro-managers like Eddie and Wayne Carey acknowledge - and spend time defending against - trolls. The internet is full of people who make up rumors and drag people down (and probably for a whole variety of reasons). I always laugh when I see media figures think they are jumping on the front foot like it is somehow nipping it in the bud. It isn't. It just sends the trolls around in a circle till they come back around next time. And myself included, I like to participate in comedy on the internet. People take this online world far too seriously. Perhaps if they didn't constantly obsess on presenting a false version of themselves to the world (facebook, twitter), then they would lighten up a bit. Eddie, lighten up a bit. Its da net ya flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back