News Eddie standing down at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like he was told it would be for the best if he stands down otherwise there wouldn't be the sooky tears.

Buckley will be the next to go. I think a lot of this is to do with the chimp allegations fall out. Not possible to endorse any of these guys going forward.

images

'Well no one is going to sack me. I've just resigned'

But no-one can question how he turned the club around when he took over.

Hear Hear! Fitzroy may still exist if Eddie barracked for the Roys.

IMO he got lots of crap as he didn't go to Carey or similar. A boy from Broadie doing good with his life.

Best of luck to you Eddie and if you are bored on a Saturday come down to the BSO and stand behind the goals with the Tram Conductors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was passed time but jeez he's been an incredible president. Completely transformed the way that club and the way all footy clubs are run.

He managed to turn a potential premiership era into just one premiership though, and gave Collingwood a coach who just isn't good enough, both intellectually and as a person just because he happened to be a great player in his day.

Yeah, 1 premiership in 22 years for the most pampered and looked after club bar none really isn't anything to write home about.
[/QUOTE

Ye, Tiggers turned it around far better when they finally got their arses in gear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back