News Eddie standing down at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

First off I hate Collingwood.

But I admire Eddie . He has been enormous for the game . He singlehandedly via the Footy Show made footy enjoyable again . Tried to keep tradition strong , I always found him to be the complete pro , many a time wishing we had him . Completely vilified by crazy left wingers for being a decent, successful person .

All I can say is that Barrett Anderson and that filthy Slobbo can hang their heads in shame . Hounded him out of the game . Well done dkheads . Move on to your next target , pathetic.

The day will come when he is begged to come back .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He has done plenty for the Pies and stood up for a number of clubs over the journey, he has never stood up for the sport itself however. Under his watch and like all the media and his fellow colleagues running other clubs he has been involved with the AFL totally changing the sport and it’s rules without once standing up for the sport.

I don't like Collingwood's great reset. Can somebody confirm this for me - does Floreat Pica mean Build Back Better? It doesn't fill me with confidence that the Pies new number 1 ticket holder is none other than Klaus 'the new Hitler' Schwab. Eddie's been fantastic for the Pies, but let's face it, in the near future he'll probably feel the urge to pay Mr. Andrews a conjugal visit, and where would that leave the club? His exit shields the club from that embarrassment.

Now here's a few words for the Sydney folk on this thread who seem to have an endless well of vitriol for the Pies president....
I know these two people right. One's a Swans fan and the other's a Bomber. I walk into the room, and they're in the midst of a heated conversation. At first I couldn't make sense of it. The Swans fan was saying things like 'I'll have a clean conscience long before you', and the Bomber's fan retorts with 'my club will have a clean slate first, make no mistake'. 'Only Reid, Kennedy & Parker remain' said the Swans fan. 'Yeah well, only Heppell, Hurley & Hooker remain' said the Bomber. And then it got nasty. 'It's gonna stay a peptide palace as long as your captain's running around'. 'Yeah well Parker's only 28, so the cola kids are gonna keep on keeping on for a few years yet.' Cola kids. That cracked me up. I had to leave the room.

Finger painting junkie. One thread is enough Mr. Rocks. Now you're boring.

Hey Eddie, I know you are reading this. Congratulation on keeping a storied franchise relevant in the modern era. Please don’t do a Kennett about face. Enjoy and embrace your media presence in the year to come, without the additional encumberance of footy land. Peace be with you.

I don't like Collingwood's great reset. Can somebody confirm this for me - does Floreat Pica mean Build Back Better? It doesn't fill me with confidence that the Pies new number 1 ticket holder is none other than Klaus 'the new Hitler' Schwab. Eddie's been fantastic for the Pies, but let's face it, in the near future he'll probably feel the urge to pay Mr. Andrews a conjugal visit, and where would that leave the club? His exit shields the club from that embarrassment.

Finger painting junkie. One thread is enough Mr. Rocks. Now you're boring.
drugs-are-bad-mkay-177919.jpg

But I admire Eddie . He has been enormous for the game . He singlehandedly via the Footy Show made footy enjoyable again . Tried to keep tradition strong , I always found him to be the complete pro , many a time wishing we had him . Completely vilified by crazy left wingers for being a decent, successful person .

All I can say is that Barrett Anderson and that filthy Slobbo can hang their heads in shame . Hounded him out of the game . Well done dkheads . Move on to your next target , pathetic.

There is no scenario possible where Eddie and Brendon Gale end up as president and CEO for the same club. Brendon is our Eddie and you should thank your lucky stars for that...

Has the witch finally had a house fall on him?
Ed and the fans saved Collingwood unlike South Melbourne. One of the major reasons many swans fans will always be bitter and twisted. Still, sydney is one beautiful city, so you should cheer up.

He managed to turn a potential premiership era into just one premiership though, and gave Collingwood a coach who just isn't good enough, both intellectually and as a person just because he happened to be a great player in his day.
Gee you're bright. Can you list your achievements for us all.
Don't be shy now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure they'll be in better shape in 12 months. Might've been better to go now, with the mini-watershed taking place.
They probably need time to find a suitable replacement. Who else could do it off the bat? Craig Kelly? Maybe, but he'd have to leave his Sports Management business.

From 5 GFs though. Off the top of my head, I don't think any team has made more in that period with Hawks and Geelong being level?
Won one
Drew another
Lost one in the last minute of the game
Lost another by 9 points
Flogged in the other

They really only had one shocker in 5.

They probably need time to find a suitable replacement. Who else could do it off the bat? Craig Kelly? Maybe, but he'd have to leave his Sports Management business.

Dunno. It's not really something you have aspirations towards while McGuire's in the chair. Probably plenty of people who could handle it, but without McGuire's level of PR.

Call me a cynic.

Amid rapidly rising chatter among the fan base for the President and Coach to go.

At the "Fan Forum" which was supposed to tell Collingwood supporters what the * just happened and whose fault it was.

It is announced that the President is going to step down in a year. Which suddenly is all anyone wants to talk about. And brings into the noise the voices of the "he's done a great job but time to go" as positives rather than being more voices screeching for his head.

Talk about the great distraction.

Would anybody really like to bet their hard earned on Eddie NOT using that 12 months to try to re-engineer the conversation so that it reads "he is entitled to go another year to see out his elected* term?"

Some good news for Collingwood at last! Eddie has been the master of spin over results

A concern of Eddie leaving is that it could create a power struggle and further derails the club.

Expect to see the intellectually dishonest Coach Buckley heading out the door soon

Eddie should have left the game long ago. Around the time his racism was exposed with his Adam Goodes Ape comment would have been right

Call me a cynic.

Amid rapidly rising chatter among the fan base for the President and Coach to go.

At the "Fan Forum" which was supposed to tell Collingwood supporters what the fu** just happened and whose fault it was.

It is announced that the President is going to step down in a year. Which suddenly is all anyone wants to talk about. And brings into the noise the voices of the "he's done a great job but time to go" as positives rather than being more voices screeching for his head.

Would anybody really like to bet their hard earned on Eddie NOT using that 12 months to try to re-engineer the conversation so that it reads "he is entitled to go another year to see out his elected* term?"

Eddie will decide no one is more qualified or experience to run the club than he is.
The fans want it!

Call me a cynic.

At the "Fan Forum" which was supposed to tell Collingwood supporters what the fu** just happened and whose fault it was.

At the very least he will want someone in the chair that he endorses (and can influence).

The unknown here is the Board and the support or otherwise he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back