'Eddie urges Victorians to join Magpie Army'

Remove this Banner Ad

Celebrities almost constantly use their media platform to push their own views. I really don’t understand how people think all “media” roles have to be non-bias.

There’s literally an entire section of the media that’s devoted to the author or journo pushing their own bias.
Some clubs tank for draft picks. Some clubs rely on handouts to be able to pay those draft picks they tanked for

Does that make it right?

I have no problem with people hating on the pies, but the point of the story wasn't to go for pies for the sake of it, it was because there is so many inspiring stories in this group, that a lot of people could find something in there to relate to.

- Varcoe playing through a personal tragedy.
- Buckley, nearly sacked this time last year, now in a grand final.
- Mason cox from another country not knowing the game 4 years ago, goes from told he isnt good enough one week, to dominating a prelim final the next.
- Goldsack injury thought season was over, worked hard to get back and now will play a GF.
- Treloar freakish injury, and back now similar to Goldsack.
- Pendles despite captaining the biggest game of the year, show more concern about a very unwell kid as they run out on to the ground.

There is so many feel good stories about this team, and so many things that so many people can relate to in their personal lives for inspiration to show you can overcome things. Not to mention from a purely a team football point of view, coming from 13th to a grand final (like Tiges did last year), doesn't that give hope to everyone next season no matter where you finished.

Anyway, that was what i took away from the article.

Some clubs tank for draft picks. Some clubs rely on handouts to be able to pay those draft pic's they tanked for

Does that make it right?
So you can’t actually discuss the incorrect point you made in regards to media and “bias”?

What is a draft pic? Like do some clubs have pictures of the drafts? Are these expensive?

I have no problem with people hating on the pies, but the point of the story wasn't to go for pies for the sake of it, it was because there is so many inspiring stories in this group, that a lot of people could find something in there to relate to.

- Mason cox from another country not knowing the game 4 years ago, goes from told he isnt good enough one week, to dominating a prelim final the next.
- Goldsack injury thought season was over, worked hard to get back and now will play a GF.
- Pendles despite captaining the biggest game of the year, show more concern about a very unwell kid as they run out on to the ground.

There is so many feel good stories about this team, and so many things that so many people can relate to in their personal lives for inspiration to show you can overcome things. Not to mention from a purely a team football point of view, coming from 13th to a grand final (like Tiges did last year), doesn't that give hope to everyone next season no matter where you finished.

Any mention of Sam Murray?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you can’t actually discuss the incorrect point you made in regards to media and “bias”?

What is a draft pic? Like do some clubs have pictures of the drafts? Are these expensive?

You made the claim that some media being unproffesional and incompetent is license for everyone else to

I pointed out the idocy of your attitide and you're avoiding the subject now

You made the claim that some media being unproffesional and incompetent is license for everyone else to

I pointed out the idocy of your attitide and you're avoiding the subject now
How is it unprofessional? I’ve explained the different segments of the media. You seem to mistake “reporter” or “investigative journalism” as “the media”

There is nothing inherent in the media that requires neutrality. Only in the above two segments.

A film company is “the media” should fox have to remain neutral on information about its films? Should it also put out releases about universal

Can you please provide some sort of evidence to back your claim (and no, changing the subject then claiming that I’m avoiding the topic isn’t evidence)

Did crows fans do collective minds too?

Can you imagine if Cransberg came out and asked Freo fans to join the blue and gold army for the GF?

He'd get crickets and vice versa. Does he not realize more people would hate Collingwood in Victoria because they are Victorian? Power fans hate crows fans, freo fans hate WC fans, I assume Swans fans hate GWS fans. Why? Because if the other wins, they have to hear about it non stop in their own backyard. Eddie would be/is ******* unbearable.

Last edited:
I saw that headline on the weekend. Not my paper I swear. It was on a table at a café, so I glanced at it. 'Victorian hopes on the back of Magpies'. Could be one of the funniest Herald Sun headlines of all time. The Hun knows damn well how much the Pies are despised in Victoria, and pouring fuel on that fire is in their mission statement. Ralph was going to print that crap, regardless of McGuire's response. The Hun has no qualms about taking their own people out of context. I don't understand why McGuire still works for them. I guess he's keeping his enemies close. In any event, this was one of three mindboggling media mind *s of the past week. The other two belong to a tv show on 9 called the Sunday Footy Show. Brownless suggesting that the Pies aren't particularly talented (after the GWS semi) was pretty special. And after the prelim they show vision of Buckley being embraced by his son, and reveal that the boy was bullied last year because of his father's plight. To hear them provide this information without a shred of culpability was the funniest part of their whole program.

Bias much?

-WC lost NN to a season ending injury and everyone said we were cooked. Also lost Gaff to his * up and Shepp down in the qualifying.
-WC predicted wooden spooners by Walls and bottom 4 by most of the media.
-If WC didn't produce this season, Simpsons job was in jeopardy. It's been stated that both coaches would have been under the pump.
-Were completely smashed in the GF in 2015 and written off as a team in free fall, only to make the GF 3 years later.
-An interstate team has never beaten a Victorian team in the GF without concessions.

See how narratives work? They can be spun and created to fit any hole. The only narrative you just said that is actually valid is the Varcoe story. And even Varcoe wouldn't be the first player in recent times to have family tragedy off the field, although his is unique because she was playing footy at the time.

I'll be going for Collingwood just because they are pretty entertaining to watch.
Also glad they knocked off Richmond.
Don't mind if WCE win though either.

I was pleased that the Pies rolled the Tigers on the weekend but that is as far as I can go with the support.

If Collingwood win this weekend, they join us on 16 flags and every bit of blue blood in my body would resent that outcome.
So why were you happy they beat us? When you dont want them to win the flag your post makes no sense at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back