'Eddie urges Victorians to join Magpie Army'

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only non-pies supporter who likes Eddie? I find his one-eyed Collingwood favouritism and unprofessionalism kind of relatable and endearing. I like that he isn't an uptight w***er too afraid to have an opinion like the rest of those twats he works with.

I actually don't mind him to be honest. He gets on my nerves sometimes when he pushes Collingwoods agenda in the media, but I guess he's the president so he's doing what he is meant to.

Think McGuire may have achieved a lot more in his life than an anonymous internet nonentity. Your lazy, simplistic put down displays unsurprising ignorance.
Of course, your opinion, as another anonymous internet entity, is equally worthless.

You know nothing about me. I know nothing about you. But we do know Eddie McGuire is a disingenuous, opinionated loudmouth because what’s on the public record tells us.

I don't mind McGuire as a commentator. It may be a Fox Footy thing, but he keeps it simple and calls the game without the inanity of the Channel Seven idiots.

That aside he's on the wrong side of most issues, like his racist trolling of Goodes, and the continued BS of a president of a club with half a million rusted-on supporters, home ground final advantages, etc,, complaining about alleged privileges to non-Victorian clubs.

Looking forward to Eddie showing us the same stunned mullet face he put on after the Pies gave up a 50-point lead vs Adelaide, or when the Swans flogged them by 83 points in the opening round a couple of years ago. That's my favourite Eddie.

Am I the only non-pies supporter who likes Eddie? I find his one-eyed Collingwood favouritism and unprofessionalism kind of relatable and endearing. I like that he isn't an uptight w***er too afraid to have an opinion like the rest of those twats he works with.

He's just the figurehead you kinda love to hate. I mean, I don't really personally hate him, but his melts are just funny as his celebrations are painful, and he gets on our collective nerves. I suppose if he were the Eagles president I'd probably find him annoying and a bit of a dill but my feelings wouldn't be as strong.

Think McGuire may have achieved a lot more in his life than an anonymous internet nonentity. Your lazy, simplistic put down displays unsurprising ignorance.

Being a high profile media/footy person, he is open to attack from the jealous & the immature types that have nothing better to do.

However. I'd rather no one makes a 'call to arms' based on which state a club comes from. Leave it up to the supporters of each club. Don't start more of this old fashioned state parochialism.

Its an interstate/ national competition now. For all its faults, & believe me I've voiced a lot of them about the AFLs behavior, it is now a club based national, & our only professional level, of Australian Rules Football.

Simple. :)

I hope Eddie has organised a live telecast to Victoria Prisons for the majority Pies tenants

Being an opinionated loudmouth to make a living >>>> being an opinionated loudmouth on Bigfooty.
Opinionated loudmouths on Bigfooty take note! Your worth is less than that of someone who makes good coin from being an opinionated loudmouth. I know, sorreeeee!
And if you think that his entire career is just chatter and stirring then you seriously have no clue.
I don’t think that his entire career is just stirring and chatting (so does that mean I do have a clue? Phew!) But it’s certainly one part of his modus operandi.

Wow. I got "trolled". Gosh, gee willikers.

So let me ask you this - does that mean Eddie McGuire is a superior human being to you and me, because he can "troll"?

If not, what exactly is the achievement you're celebrating?

The guy talks s**t, someone calls it s**t, and they're "trolled"??

And he's not merely the "focal point" of footy media. He's a club president, yet he calls games. That is a total joke.

I was being sarcastic. Of course the head talking-head of the national footy media shouldn't have such a glaring conflict of interest - unless you're a beneficiary then he is "great for the game" and if you disagree you need to harden up, it's our comp. etc etc.

Being an opinionated loudmouth to make a living >>>> being an opinionated loudmouth on Bigfooty.

And if you think that his entire career is just chatter and stirring then you seriously have no clue.

He's a grub. In no other professional sporting organisation would his s**t, along with the self-serving broader vfl agenda, be tolerated. But this straya so who gives a *?

I mean, he probably would. Especially if it's against an interstate team. Just check out his commentary when a Victorian team play an interstate team. He's so biased in favor of Victorian teams.
Disagree, he is disingenuous when commentating particularly when Essendon and carlton are involved, so fake it's not funny. Let's go Eages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...y/news-story/00854b9761fe2a4fcbbfdb95190a9b57

Wow talk about being insecure and rather egotistical lol. Does he really expect many to jump on the Pies 'bandwagon' because he tells them to? Having to resort to Vic bias? Not to mention the influence he has in the media.
here's a tip from a life long Collingwood supporter and 20 year member:

if Eddie writes something, don't read it
if Eddie says something, don't listen
if Eddie is on TV, don't watch

Eddie is a fatuous attention whore

I was being sarcastic. Of course the head talking-head of the national footy media shouldn't have such a glaring conflict of interest - unless you're a beneficiary then he is "great for the game" and if you disagree you need to harden up, it's our comp. etc etc.
Thanks.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn’t always work on the internet but maybe I should have had my receptors better tuned too! Play on.

This happens every year, surely Victorian club Presidents get it by now.

Ask yourself 2 questions.
Have you won a Premiership in the last 20 years?
Are you St.Kilda or Carlton?

If the answer is yes to either of these questions, we aren't going to get behind you.

We're all opinionated loudmouths but none of us are huge media personalities or the president of a footy club. He must be doing something right.
Sure, quite agree. I’m not bagging his achievements.

I’m firstly saying that a club president shouldn’t be allowed to also be a media commentator who can opportunistically use his profile to push a case to his club’s advantage.

Case in point - signing off on CoLA without a murmur, and only kicking up a stink from his privileged pulpit years later, when he realised what he’d done. Amateur Hour.

And secondly, the people on here who seem to think there’s some great achievement in talking s**t to get people riled.

I personally don’t think that’s any great achievement, but the point I’m making is that if his supporters are saying Eddie says a lot of things he doesn’t mean, well, we’ll all keep that in mind next time he does want to say something sincere, and treat it with the derision that that sort of cheap behaviour warrants. The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

here's a tip from a life long Collingwood supporter and 20 year member:

if Eddie writes something, don't read it
if Eddie says something, don't listen
if Eddie is on TV, don't watch

Eddie is a fatuous attention whore
Nice to see someone understands the doctrine of separation of powers.

Just to be clear, though I loathe certain aspect of McGuire’s MO, I have a lot of respect for your club and coach and the current playing group.

I’m ALMOST going for you on Saturday.

This happens every year, surely Victorian club Presidents get it by now.

Ask yourself 2 questions.
Have you won a Premiership in the last 20 years?
Are you St.Kilda or Carlton?

If the answer is yes to either of these questions, we aren't going to get behind you.

You can drop Carlton.

Play on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back