What the heck? Eddies comments re coin toss

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting quote from Carly Findlay who is a disability advocate.

“Even if he didn’t direct the comments towards her or didn’t know that she was an amputee, his words are still damaging because they still making a mockery of someone’s ability," Ms Findlay said.
"I mean it’s an example of casual ableism and the entitlement that people feel to mock or ridicule someone if they aren’t doing it in a white, able man’s way... “

Is even though the comment wasn’t directed at her or people with a disability, he has still offended disabled people?

Some people seem to look for things to be offended about, they want to be offended so they can a social justice warrior.

Jesus, brings race and sex into the argument that eddie displayed signs of being an ableist....

What about it actually upset you? What did he actually do/say that was offensive?
He has form Eddie will say something worse next time and it’ll be once again excused or defended

He should had been sacked after the King Kong debacle, how they let him get away with casual racism I’ll never know.

Can we never play John Howard trying to bowl that cricket ball again and never replay anyone getting falconed.

I feel it's humiliated and am offended.

Re: @TTRRAAVVIISS

What are the rules in this forum for telling someone where to go?

I think when it comes to the poster in question its both inevitable and necessary.

Id offer to share any warning points but may need them myself for the same poster soon

Did Eddie specifically mention or refer to Cynthia Banham or how she tossed the coin?

I presume his comments were made after she had tossed the coin and thus by inference he was referring to her?
Just curious. Did you know there was a Suns board?

Last edited:
For those old enough: 'Wake in Fright' (1971) and the classic two-up game sequence where where the protagonist John Grant loses all of his holiday cash tossing coins. He didn't do well.

'Fair go, fair go mate ... fair .......go! '

He has form Eddie will say something worse next time and it’ll be once again excused or defended

He should had been sacked after the King Kong debacle, how they let him get away with casual racism I’ll never know.

You definitely barrack for the correct team - you are sounding like a pussy of the highest order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Goodes comment was a dumb, hick comment that he obviously regretted, and yeh, it might have been (unintentional) casual racism. But if you think for a moment that when McGuire made that comment, the inference was "black people are a sub-human species", you're clearly digging way too far, looking for something to be offended at.

This coin tossing incident is completely different, and benign. Just a bit of banter about how no one chosen to do this job can seemingly do the job well.

The Goodes comment was a dumb, hick comment that he obviously regretted, and yeh, it might have been (unintentional) casual racism. But if you think for a moment that when McGuire made that comment, the inference was "black people are a sub-human species", you're clearly digging way too far, looking for something to be offended at.

This coin tossing incident is completely different, and benign. Just a bit of banter about how no one chosen to do this job can seemingly do the job well.

Imagine how offended people would have been if he had checked whether she was disabled before commenting.

Imagine assuming disabled people are less than able people !!!

Like I said he gets so many chances , imagine those sort of comments flying around in your workplace...HR wouldn’t tolerate it for too long.

There’s always an excuse with Eddie

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s when disabled people are treated like everyone else.

The SJW’s want everyone treated equally but differently.

This is why everyone has had an absolute gutfull of political correctness.

It was an HONEST MISTAKE!!! Move on

We’re either all the same, or we’re all different. Pick one because i for one am sick of the confusion

Like I said he gets so many chances , imagine those sort of comments flying around in your workplace...HR wouldn’t tolerate it for too long.

There’s always an excuse with Eddie

The comments don't "fly around". He's made two (maybe a couple more) gaffes over how many years of being on TV/radio?

I'm not his defender or advocate, I just don't see how either of the things he said need to be blown out of proportion like they have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back