Nige_Bix

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWT Eagles
I was really annoyed [polite word] with the cross to Eddie Mc just as Collingwood came out to play. If he was wearing his Collingwood President hat then he should have stayed right out of it.

His references to the Crows as "that other mob" and showing impatience about the theme song not finishing were two instances that got up my nose! It did help to make the victory that little bit sweeter though when we saw him walking off with a huge frown on his face after the game!

What did others think?

btw- the half time interview with Lou Richards wasn't that great - took too long for one thing - there was no discussion about the game unless I missed it when i blinked or when I left the room for a few moments. I was keen to hear Sam's views on the 1st half - well thats what I was expecting,

It was disrespectful from eddie the idiot as the Magpies waited to run onto the ground; but what else would you expect.

The half time farce with Lou Richards wasnt flash. If Collingwood had been in front there may have been some banter on the game.

You cant tell me that the Lou Richards birthday celebrations didnt figure in the venue choice.

The AFL will always think they run the game in the VFLs interest.:p

Originally posted by topjars
It was disrespectful from eddie the idiot as the Magpies waited to run onto the ground; but what else would you expect.

The half time farce with Lou Richards wasnt flash. If Collingwood had been in front there may have been some banter on the game.

You cant tell me that the Lou Richards birthday celebrations didnt figure in the venue choice.

The AFL will always think they run the game in the VFLs interest.:p

Maybe we should feel a little guilty in spoiling the Collingwood benefit night & go easy on them,??

PIGS ARSE, give em heaps after all the crap they have dished out in the last 6 months,:D

Originally posted by dezzmo

His references to the Crows as "that other mob" and showing impatience about the theme song not finishing were two instances that got up my nose!

It was when he said they should fast forward the Crows song that I really wanted us to win the match...wasn't fussed all week or even when the telecast started but from that moment, I wanted us to kick that arrogent pricks teams arse.

Re: Re: Eddie's pre-gamer!

Originally posted by sapaul
It was when he said they should fast forward the Crows song that I really wanted us to win the match...wasn't fussed all week or even when the telecast started but from that moment, I wanted us to kick that arrogent pricks teams arse.
Exactly! Eddie & MM have been so arrogant all week. All I can say is Karma. :D The bigger the Pies make themselves (ie. we are the greatest team in the world even though we can only win a premiership once in a blue moon...), the more sweet it make beating them. I stick by my comment earlier in the week, that I wasn't really to fussed about winning the wizzer - but more concerned about shutting up Pies supporters, as god help us if they had won. :eek:

Personally, I was disgusted with the coverage.

I was waiting for the aftergame cross to Mick and Paul Licuria for their traditional post-GF cry, but in another slap in the face for Crows fans, they didn't show it...

One thing I found very interesting is that Eddie didn't host the half time tribute to Lou Richards. On 5AA earlier this week Eddie said that he will not call the game, he will be miked up as the team will be coming onto the ground to show the audience the athmosphere(which he did). He also said that he WILL host the tribute to Lou Richards at half time which he DIDN'T.

I think we got to him at quarter time.:p Personally I didn't give a rats clacker if we won or lost until viewing arrogant, SA bagging pro Collingwood bullsh*t on the Footy err Collingwood Show. That when I tought we MUST win to stick it up those arrogant wan*ers:D

Originally posted by dyertribe

I was waiting for the aftergame cross to Mick and Paul Licuria for their traditional post-GF cry, but in another slap in the face for Crows fans, they didn't show it...

Since when are grand finals played in March?

Originally posted by Squeak
Since when are grand finals played in March?

When the game is called the Wizard Cup Grand Final and there's $200000 prizemoney on offer I guess... I don't know... check that for me.

Originally posted by dezzmo
I was really annoyed [polite word] with the cross to Eddie Mc just as Collingwood came out to play. If he was wearing his Collingwood President hat then he should have stayed right out of it.

His references to the Crows as "that other mob" and showing impatience about the theme song not finishing were two instances that got up my nose! It did help to make the victory that little bit sweeter though when we saw him walking off with a huge frown on his face after the game!

What did others think?

btw- the half time interview with Lou Richards wasn't that great - took too long for one thing - there was no discussion about the game unless I missed it when i blinked or when I left the room for a few moments. I was keen to hear Sam's views on the 1st half - well thats what I was expecting,
yep i fully agree with u- the AFL does not revolve aroung Collingwood having there own way with everything. and eddie's impatience with the crows song was uncalled for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cross to Eddie before the game was disgusting. Nine really didn't think that one through.

Where were the crosses during and after the game? They would have been far more entertaining.

Also took great pleasure in seeing Buckley benched by Stinga. I guess they needed to put a better tagger on Stinga to keep him under control!

Great result. Bring on Round 1.

I was hoping that Eddie would run out on the gorund with the Pies and burst throught the banner with the team. The long trek up the race might have winded him till October.......

Will there be no end to McGuire's hijacking of football coverage, I'm sick of having him forcefed down the tube, radio, papers etc. He sh7ts me so much that i try to avoid him at all costs, but he's everywhere, its impossible.

I just want to watch the footy without having Collingwood and Fat Head shoved down my throat.

Even as a mad Bulldogs supporter I was going for the crows, that's how much I hate fat head, fat head 2 (Buckley) and Collingwood !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back