EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy game, was absolute party time in that second quarter. mckenzie's goal was from centre wing, equivalent distance out of the centre circle

maribyrnong park won almost all the contested ball in the first half and oak park torched it using the wind - second half was all junk time

that was the only time i've seen oak park this year and i have no read on their players or game style

Just thought I'd generate a very interesting discussion topic:

Does the marby result confirm that there are only 3 genuine contenders for the flag? Or was it just an off day for the Oakers that was decided in 1 quarter of madness?

As much as I'd love to see Oakers win it, in my opinion the difference between Oakers compared to Keilor, Greenvale, Marby is that Oakers are a fantastic suburban football team that is extremely well drilled and well coached - i.e. runs all day, very fast with disciplined game plan, whereas the others especially GV and Marby have got the big bodies and super individual talent that will count a lot in finals.

I'd never be stupid enough to completely write off Oakers especially given that they have smashed GV and Keilor already, but it just seems that they will be up against it considering they are young and probably don't have the same number of big bodies and former AFL players as the others. Was it an off day, did injuries play a part etc?

Whatever happens it will be very interesting come finals and who knows maybe Marbi Park have done Oakers the biggest favour in the lead up to the business end. Go Oakers in finals!

Interesting conversation heard near the marby barbie on saturday was the theory that Oak Park are doing so well because they always play the team a week after Marby has destroyed that team the week before? Actually laughed about at the time but having a look through the results it seems to be true, like in the AFL last year that the week after playing Geelong that team lost the next week?

Interesting conversation heard near the marby barbie on saturday was the theory that Oak Park are doing so well because they always play the team a week after Marby has destroyed that team the week before? Actually laughed about at the time but having a look through the results it seems to be true, like in the AFL last year that the week after playing Geelong that team lost the next week?

You could be onto something there Juliand!

On another note is it just me or is Pricey seriously struggling on media street, constant bad jokes and lack of knowledge is not good listening. I'd say leave it to experts and work hard on getting the 3 divisions up and running!

Heard some poor form coming from Rabee's ex team mates on the weekend, not keen on shaking hands after the game.

Collo's goal in the dying seconds was a pearler or though some may say it hit the post!!!!

In fairness Oak Park is a very good side with the only surprising results being the manner in which they beat both Greenvale and Keilor (both coming off victories against Marby).

true that Oak Park play Marby opponent from the previous week, let see what Doutta have install for Marby this week

Go Marby

true that Oak Park play Marby opponent from the previous week, let see what Doutta have install for Marby this week

Go Marby

Well leading into the finals you would think that Marby would rest a few this week against the kids, get some others that are on the fringes some game time.:D

broadcast game this weekend is greenvale-keilor. decided in the final minute last time the teams met so should be a cracker this weekend.

arguably most important game of the round coming up though is aberfeldie v strathmore. strathmore need to win to have any hope of playing finals and abers would be looking to consolidate after the vital win against WC last weekend.

not a happy camp at the burn at the moment,too many kids being played whats the use of having a seconds ,no game plan the coach has lost them the last 3 games by stacking the back line more to come

not a happy camp at the burn at the moment,too many kids being played whats the use of having a seconds ,no game plan the coach has lost them the last 3 games by stacking the back line more to come

club has been a rabble for a while now.......no reason the club shouldnt be DOMINATING the league only club in the area massive junior program in a growth area pull massive crowds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazyburn were within a bees last week of winning. Two late late goals in the 3rd cost them dearly. Compare that effort to some they have put up over the last 4 yrs. Surely they are heading in a better direction with the kids?

Good game at Abers today. I thought it was going to be a hiding after Strath got out to a 40+ point lead but Abers stromed home and got within 13 points with 10 minutes to go. Just could not get any closer. Strath were inaccurate and lost Fitzgerald in the first 5 mins with a leg injury but a good fight back from Abers.

entertaining game at greenvale yesterday. keilor fought back into the match in the first and 2nd quarters when it was just starting to slip away both times - then turned it on with 8 unanswered goals. the impression i got watching keilor earlier in the year is that they don't have any passengers in their 21 and it was the case again yesterday - they got something out of everyone named.

greenvale got trapped in their own half quite a bit during the scoring drought yesterday and even though i thought jacob thompson presented well as a lead-up target, they just didn't hit him enough to move the ball up the ground. lucas double and triple teamed most of the day as well, they really missed matt smith up forward.

watched the game down at Canning St Reserve on saturday where the Heights smashed cragieburn. unlucky not to win by more considering they kicked 28 behinds.

but the main reason of this post is to bring attention to number 8 or 21 from cragieburn, and to the cragieburn team in general.

although they were well behaved the whole day, how you could knock avondale's number 27 out 100m off the ball when he was not even looking is the lowest possible act you can perform out on the footy field.

and to top it off, running away from the incident straigth after knocking him down and high fiving the runner of the cragieburn team.

you are an absolute thug and i hope the incident gets investigated into.

watched the game down at Canning St Reserve on saturday where the Heights smashed cragieburn. unlucky not to win by more considering they kicked 28 behinds.

but the main reason of this post is to bring attention to number 8 or 21 from cragieburn, and to the cragieburn team in general.

although they were well behaved the whole day, how you could knock avondale's number 27 out 100m off the ball when he was not even looking is the lowest possible act you can perform out on the footy field.

and to top it off, running away from the incident straigth after knocking him down and high fiving the runner of the cragieburn team.

you are an absolute thug and i hope the incident gets investigated into.
hey hardball i am associated with the cragieburn football club but on saturday i was embarresed to be so, i saw the hit on no.27 and i hope he is ok and wish him all the best what no.8 jake piggot did was disguisting and horrific, it shouldnt happen in any level of football, i although good mates with him told him it was unnaceptable and he is now realising what he did was very dumb and if ah decide to investigate it could be in a bit of bother. im not quite sure about the high 5 if he did and barnard had planned it thyen action should also be taken against him its not on, but at half time the scenes up near the change rooms were not a good look for either clubs but well done to chris johnson for breaking all that up and making sure it didnt escalate. it was a very bad day in cragieburn history and we dont wont to be known as a club that goes around king hitting players, i hope no.27 from ah is ok and i hope c.f.c learn from this and it never happens again in any compitition its a bad look and it cant contunie to happen.

hey hardball i am associated with the cragieburn football club but on saturday i was embarresed to be so, i saw the hit on no.27 and i hope he is ok and wish him all the best what no.8 jake piggot did was disguisting and horrific, it shouldnt happen in any level of football, i although good mates with him told him it was unnaceptable and he is now realising what he did was very dumb and if ah decide to investigate it could be in a bit of bother. im not quite sure about the high 5 if he did and barnard had planned it thyen action should also be taken against him its not on, but at half time the scenes up near the change rooms were not a good look for either clubs but well done to chris johnson for breaking all that up and making sure it didnt escalate. it was a very bad day in cragieburn history and we dont wont to be known as a club that goes around king hitting players, i hope no.27 from ah is ok and i hope c.f.c learn from this and it never happens again in any compitition its a bad look and it cant contunie to happen.
Buddy you are not even from craigieburn so dont get on and pretend you are!!! Cause iam sure if you are a friend like you claim then surely you would have spoken to the player involved and found out what happenend!! if you are really from craigieburn then i suggest you get his version of events and i reckon you might have a different opinion...
i do dont condone any this behavier but as i said you would have a far different opinion if you were really from were you say you are...you are from A H and have one version of the story...

well he did go to hospital as you and i would both know. the ambos rocked up during the 3rd quarter

and i take my hat off to chris johnson, there was a bit of an argument brewing at the start of half time and the way johnno went over and told people to let it go was fantastic leadership. he also topped that off with a fantastic 2nd half on field performance on his behalf

but we cannot have these off the ball incidents happening in the league, and that number 8 is very lucky the avondale players reacted in a professional manner and did not go out and target number 8 from cragieburn throughout the rest of the game

Buddy you are not even from craigieburn so dont get on and pretend you are!!! Cause iam sure if you are a friend like you claim then surely you would have spoken to the player involved and found out what happenend!! if you are really from craigieburn then i suggest you get his version of events and i reckon you might have a different opinion...
i do dont condone any this behavier but as i said you would have a far different opinion if you were really from were you say you are...you are from A H and have one version of the story...
i only talked to jake for about 2 minutes i didnt get the full story and i may be wrong with what i say but im going by what i saw, if we are so wrong what really happened then?

not related to latest topics but does anyone agree heater ayres would definately cut it in the vfl possibly afl.apart from being undersized the way footy is bein played now think he could get away with lack of height and size. he would be very dangerous across a half forward line with brilliance below his knees and forward line pressure and footy smarts.

not related to latest topics but does anyone agree heater ayres would definately cut it in the vfl possibly afl.apart from being undersized the way footy is bein played now think he could get away with lack of height and size. he would be very dangerous across a half forward line with brilliance below his knees and forward line pressure and footy smarts.

Heater had the opportunity some years ago (when playing at Wallan) to go into the draft but chose not to take it - he was not prepared to take on the responsibilities of being an afl footballer and the commitment it requires. A shame because there was a good chance he would have made it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back