EDFL Div 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Subway any news on which guys West might get back for the GF. I know Fitax wont play but who have they got that might come back into the team which defeated Lakes?
Hey Cash , junky , Old full fwd ,beratering coach, nice 3/4 time positive speech. You recruit old blokes and wonder why. Good luck Tullamarine sticking with a bitter twisted dinosaur that can't move on and does the job for money only.

What a disgusting 3/4 time speech by manning if I was president and heard that I would have walked to bench and sacked him on spot. If that speech alone didn't lose 6 players I will go he.

What a disgusting 3/4 time speech by manning if I was president and heard that I would have walked to bench and sacked him on spot. If that speech alone didn't lose 6 players I will go he.

Can you give "modified" details of what was said and so wrong?

Had given up told players how ashamed they should be of themselves berated them all . 7 goals down in a gf is not impossible to try and get your players up crowd was go smacked

I could have though of a few different words and themes. It was a disappointing address, lot's of expletives and poor no 9 got a spray, thought he played a lone hand for Tulla. Anyway, I felt the game never reached any heights, congrats to WC. Both sides will need to recruit though as the current lists will not be able to keep West Coburg from going back down and Tulla from trying to get into Premier. Doutta Stars current list, assuming they will keep them, would have beaten both sides by 10 goals imo.

Although Matty gave the crowd a rap, I felt that the crowd was way down on last years attendance and didn't have the feel that last years Div 1 did. Would have to agree that $17 for a local game is very exorbitant, was this $3 more than last year? A 21% increase in price, feel free to correct if I'm wrong. Yes encourage the kids by letting youngsters in for free, but even the concession prices were a joke, how can you make this attractive to families when they would pay $48 for a family of 4, 2 adults, 1 kid 14 years and over and one under 14. The EDFL need to reinvest in their member clubs, by providing better senior umpires across all grades, when I say senior I mean mix the umpiring up with a wise head and a youngster, pay them accordingly (more if need be to get more mature umpires, ie. not 13 or -15 yo). Spend money on the state of the game, rather than the $800k sitting in the bank waiting to refurb the Windy Hill offices.

Legend Lucas: What was the 3/4 time speech? You could almost see the difference in the last as it look like the players thought the game was over.

Must of been of the other end of the spectrum to Morrell, inspiring ¾ time speech.

Legend Lucas: What was the 3/4 time speech? You could almost see the difference in the last as it look like the players thought the game was over.

Must of been of the other end of the spectrum to Morrell, inspiring ¾ time speech.
For the Tulla committee to work so hard to lift the image of the club, why would they put up with this fool. His language, his demeanour , his arrogance are all a mixture of a man with personnel issues. Imagine if he was teaching your child.

Ash just said the truth and what everyone was thinking, the players got themselves into a GF and a chance to win a flag but their performance was insipid. The players won't like to hear that in front of family & friends on the biggest day of their footy year but the fact is through their performance they really let themselves & the club down dismally. He didn't sugar coat it and I bet the players(if any) were offended those were the one's who let their mates and the club down.

For the Tulla committee to work so hard to lift the image of the club, why would they put up with this fool. His language, his demeanour , his arrogance are all a mixture of a man with personnel issues. Imagine if he was teaching your child.

What have you got against the bloke? You never miss an opportunity to bag him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a neutral that speech was beyond belief. To be honest it was shameful. Coach's coach not belittle and abuse and turn on their own. Tulla must of went inside 50 over 15 times in the 3rd quarter but for some reason he allowed one and at times two loose WC players to stand in the hole all quarter. Clearly WC were turning the ball over at half back and hurting them on the rebound spread. Instead of addressing actual issues he just spend 5 minutes going around to each player and personally abusing them.

In regards to this, it obviously doesn't shock many people that the man is a pig. Rumours are, that not many people like big ol ash manning down at the subs, unfortunately for the club ash has become quiet good friends with the president (if I'm correct) and this is why he has not been removed as head coach. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but a man who belittles, abuses and ashames his team is front of family, friends and supporters on GF day instead of encouraging, supporting and uplifting the vibes of his players, surely there are better coaches out there then this man? Tulla if I were you I'd be recruiting big time because if players don't leave after this I'll be shocked! And if you don't to move that baboon of a coach you're just as stupid as he.
In another note regarding this ugly specimen of a man I would like to bring to the table of what he did to Glenroy reserves team whilst in finals.
1. Joshua and 18/u player who had played seniors at Glenroy in 2014 was playing in finals for the rezerves, as most u/18's have done in the past. Now the EDFL have been interpreting this rule wrong for 20 odd years - if an under 18 player has played more senior games then reserves or visa versa he cannot qualify for the other team. Now josh played the first final until ash manning decided it was his duty as tulla marine coach to dictate what Glenroy reserves were doing. Josh a 17 year old who has a strong love for Glenroy and football and has a lot of skills and potential was ruled from playing any further games in finals.
Ash manning also then spoked to the EDFL that lance whitnall and Joel coombs should not have been playing reserves football because they are ex AFL and SANFL
I'm sorry but if you're cleared to play at a foot club, why does it matter which senior team you play for?
And why is it ash manning always causing this crap ?
Ash manning word of advice, you lost that grand final and you lost the respect of many more people, you stuffed over Glenroy and lost many life long friends. That should of been a warning to you.
You're either a senior coach of a club or you're on the EDFL board. Pick which one. But unless you're going to coach, don't dictate what the EDFL and other teams are doing. Maybe if you worried more about your team you would of won on Sunday.

Sorry for the long post - it's been well overdue.
Enjoy ladies and gents

In regards to this, it obviously doesn't shock many people that the man is a pig. Rumours are, that not many people like big ol ash manning down at the subs, unfortunately for the club ash has become quiet good friends with the president (if I'm correct) and this is why he has not been removed as head coach. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but a man who belittles, abuses and ashames his team is front of family, friends and supporters on GF day instead of encouraging, supporting and uplifting the vibes of his players, surely there are better coaches out there then this man? Tulla if I were you I'd be recruiting big time because if players don't leave after this I'll be shocked! And if you don't to move that baboon of a coach you're just as stupid as he.
In another note regarding this ugly specimen of a man I would like to bring to the table of what he did to Glenroy reserves team whilst in finals.
1. Joshua and 18/u player who had played seniors at Glenroy in 2014 was playing in finals for the rezerves, as most u/18's have done in the past. Now the EDFL have been interpreting this rule wrong for 20 odd years - if an under 18 player has played more senior games then reserves or visa versa he cannot qualify for the other team. Now josh played the first final until ash manning decided it was his duty as tulla marine coach to dictate what Glenroy reserves were doing. Josh a 17 year old who has a strong love for Glenroy and football and has a lot of skills and potential was ruled from playing any further games in finals.
Ash manning also then spoked to the EDFL that lance whitnall and Joel coombs should not have been playing reserves football because they are ex AFL and SANFL
I'm sorry but if you're cleared to play at a foot club, why does it matter which senior team you play for?
And why is it ash manning always causing this crap ?
Ash manning word of advice, you lost that grand final and you lost the respect of many more people, you stuffed over Glenroy and lost many life long friends. That should of been a warning to you.
You're either a senior coach of a club or you're on the EDFL board. Pick which one. But unless you're going to coach, don't dictate what the EDFL and other teams are doing. Maybe if you worried more about your team you would of won on Sunday.

Sorry for the long post - it's been well overdue.
Enjoy ladies and gents

What is the rule regarding U18 players? Can they go up at any stage to the 2s and 1s regardless of how many senior games they've played?
Regarding the under 18 players
It's the same as seniors - once they have played to many games for one team they cannot go play for the other.
BUT
The EDFL have let many many 18's play in finals because they have interpreted the rule wrong. If was once thought that if you were an 18's player you could play with either team freely when it came to finals but now you have to qualify according to ash manning

First of all I am not getting into a slanging match with a couple of disgruntled Glenroy supporters/players but to infer that the league didn't let a guy play for Glenroy res is surely drawing a long bow. You guys obviously hate me, not sure y? But very brave to get on big footy and have pot shots. I certainly had nothing to do with the kid not being able to play. Glenroys res coach is a mate of mine and I was hoping the boys could win for him. Also big kev and wighty. As for abusing the players at 3/4 time what did you want me to do? Blow sunshine up their arse after blowing a golden premiership opportunity in 20 minutes of poor footy. The boys were/are extremely disappointed to have played the way we did. If players can't cop criticism after serving up that s**t then bad luck. I have been a senior coach for 9 seasons including finals on 6 occasions, 2 gf and one flag. So I am pretty sure I know what I can say to my players and what is acceptable. Some of you keyboard heroes need to put yourself in the hot seat and see how u go. Sorry u can't u r all probably too moronic to be in charge of 50 footballers. Y don't u stop sooking and have a crack yourself. As for the disgruntled Roy's people I am still mates with most of the ones who didn't knife me anyway.

First of all I am not getting into a slanging match with a couple of disgruntled Glenroy supporters/players but to infer that the league didn't let a guy play for Glenroy res is surely drawing a long bow. You guys obviously hate me, not sure y? But very brave to get on big footy and have pot shots. I certainly had nothing to do with the kid not being able to play. Glenroys res coach is a mate of mine and I was hoping the boys could win for him. Also big kev and wighty. As for abusing the players at 3/4 time what did you want me to do? Blow sunshine up their arse after blowing a golden premiership opportunity in 20 minutes of poor footy. The boys were/are extremely disappointed to have played the way we did. If players can't cop criticism after serving up that s**t then bad luck. I have been a senior coach for 9 seasons including finals on 6 occasions, 2 gf and one flag. So I am pretty sure I know what I can say to my players and what is acceptable. Some of you keyboard heroes need to put yourself in the hot seat and see how u go. Sorry u can't u r all probably too moronic to be in charge of 50 footballers. Y don't u stop sooking and have a crack yourself. As for the disgruntled Roy's people I am still mates with most of the ones who didn't knife me anyway.
Well said Ash YOU LEGEND!

Lets get a couple of fact straight here, from what I know
fact 1 You walked away from Glenroy when you took the job at Tulla. Noone knifed you , you left the club when you selfishly wanted too
fact 2 . You then contacted a lot of the friends you had made at the club and abused everyone at the club to the point that these friends could not put up with the abuse
fact 3 You are a B Grade coach
fact 4 You have continually stirred the pot , abused people at the Glenroy fc, got personel with remarks to players when coaching against gfc and generally conducted yourself in a manner that is unneeded
fact 5 Some people do hate you and some were your mates at one stage
fact 6 Its only a matter of time until this all happens at Tulla and they wonder what took them so long to see thru the charade, once you cant get your way
fact 7 After your GF performance you can add quite a few players , parents ,supporters and committee people to the people that believe your ego has to go-go
fact 8 Those pants you wear were fashionable in 1994

Lets get a couple of fact straight here, from what I know
fact 1 You walked away from Glenroy when you took the job at Tulla. Noone knifed you , you left the club when you selfishly wanted too
fact 2 . You then contacted a lot of the friends you had made at the club and abused everyone at the club to the point that these friends could not put up with the abuse
fact 3 You are a B Grade coach
fact 4 You have continually stirred the pot , abused people at the Glenroy fc, got personel with remarks to players when coaching against gfc and generally conducted yourself in a manner that is unneeded
fact 5 Some people do hate you and some were your mates at one stage
fact 6 Its only a matter of time until this all happens at Tulla and they wonder what took them so long to see thru the charade, once you cant get your way
fact 7 After your GF performance you can add quite a few players , parents ,supporters and committee people to the people that believe your ego has to go-go
fact 8 Those pants you wear were fashionable in 1994
If you are so brave jack tell us all who u are. I bet u don't. Ps all of your facts 1 through 7 are wrong. Fact 8 is probably spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back