EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a player signs for 2 years on X amount then is asked to take a pay cut in the 2nd year of the contract? Ummm that’s not good management as a contract is a contract. We expect players to do the right thing and so should the clubs..
This comment appears to be based purely on recruits. How about the young players coming up? They might need to have an increase to hold them or more importantly reward them for being loyal and talented. Oh and let’s not forget they are 1 point.

I guess we just don’t agree on a lot of things 😄😄

If I was other clubs I’d be going hard for east Keilors youth that’s for sure

I understand what your saying and good points. Pretty sure ek didn’t have much of a budget under arrowsmith the previous year. Could be wrong though. Roxy did a great job just don’t know if it was deserving of coach of the year though. It is what it is.

Yes third big forward is Tim Bongetti, captain of Frankston pines he’s like 6’4 I’ve been told. Also have Kevin klix he will be an amazing small/medium size forward.

Scary forward line this year teams will struggle to match up those 4 and The grabowski brothers in the forward line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What about another pines teammate who plays inside forward 50 ?

My whole point is that the clubs are recruiting to this years cap.
This may not be the same next year. They may drop it by 10, 20,30K.
No one knows yet. So how do they do the sums.

Uptherox, I think people find it hard to comprehend who voted, regardless my personal opinion is that Faz has done a fantastic job at Roxy, hard enough being a coach in this league but to also play, stayed alive in the relegation battle, got a few good scalps and invested in the kids, good on him, probably would have got my vote or a close second at least. Don't get sucked in to the arguments mate, Roxy keep getting better on and off the field and it is satisfying to see that a club that does not have the financial backing like some others can compete and do it well.
What's so hard to understand that it's not picked by the league and it's actually picked by the coaches.... How could the league be embarrassed by that? It's the same premise as the team of the year... are you telling me coaches won't vote for certain opposition players so theirs get in??

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The question was how can a club manage a cap while recruiting so many new players and thats the answer.

Turbo once again you have turned this into something it isnt. When did i say take this as gospel i said this is what i know of some clubs in the past doing that can help them maintain the salary cap. If you have any other ways clubs can do it then feel free to add to it.

Never once did i say that is what a particular club is doing and its assuming players dont sign 2 year contracts.

You just always try to turn something into a debate and pretend you know everything rather then offering some actual helpful and positive information. Its actually quite sad to be honest mate.

You always take things to serious as i wasn’t having a personal dig just a different thought process as your post was more around players taking a cut to get in recruits. I’m all for player reviews at mid season and end of season and if players didn’t preform to expectations over the year then that should be discussed. Some will accept feedback and a possible deduction but on the flip side some will have outperformed and that might balance things out rather than have “extra” cash due to cuts.

You always take things to serious as i wasn’t having a personal dig just a different thought process as your post was more around players taking a cut to get in recruits. I’m all for player reviews at mid season and end of season and if players didn’t preform to expectations over the year then that should be discussed. Some will accept feedback and a possible deduction but on the flip side some will have outperformed and that might balance things out rather than have “extra” cash due to cuts.

Finally turbo the only post you have made in weeks that is sensible and I can like.

Agreed totally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news from the St Albans meeting last night?
Put an application in on Monday night now just waiting to hear back from the EDFL. If it gets approved it still has to go through the WRFL.
Doubt it will be 2020 that they come in.

Just read the local paper about EK Recruits for 2020. Wow Wee, they must be doing something right to attract this calibre & quality of players. What will the best 22 look like ? But, they lost both finals games at Windy Hill when it mattered and at Tulla & Westmeadows ( All larger Grounds) - Very Interesting to see if they can all play together as a team as they have targeted even bigger bodies. Cant wait for the transfer window to open to see how many are staying! Interesting times ahead and should be very competitive for the best division in local footy !!!!

Just read the local paper about EK Recruits for 2020. Wow Wee, they must be doing something right to attract this calibre & quality of players. What will the best 22 look like ? But, they lost both finals games at Windy Hill when it mattered and at Tulla & Westmeadows ( All larger Grounds) - Very Interesting to see if they can all play together as a team as they have targeted even bigger bodies. Cant wait for the transfer window to open to see how many are staying! Interesting times ahead and should be very competitive for the best division in local footy !!!!

Who have the got?

Who have the got?
According to the article - They picked up Marc Lock (Ex VFA/box Hill/ 1 game Gold Coast), Victor Micallef (Capt of Hillside) who apparently approached EK, Brandon Colletta ( Hillside Forward),Tim Atkins ( Greensborough / Whittlsea), Paul Scanlon & Tim Bongetti ( Frankston Pines), Kevin Klix ( Deer Park) & Micky Nicholls ( VAFA Old Geelong) - UNBELIEVABLE GETS on top of the group from last year. Some great leadership & Experience there....

According to the article - They picked up Marc Lock (Ex VFA/box Hill/ 1 game Gold Coast), Victor Micallef (Capt of Hillside) who apparently approached EK, Brandon Colletta ( Hillside Forward),Tim Atkins ( Greensborough / Whittlsea), Paul Scanlon & Tim Bongetti ( Frankston Pines), Kevin Klix ( Deer Park) & Micky Nicholls ( VAFA Old Geelong) - UNBELIEVABLE GETS on top of the group from last year. Some great leadership & Experience there....

I feel the losses to Westy and Tulla were due to getting ahead of themselves from the big wins prior and just jelling as a team.

They beat Craigieburn away which is a massive ground however just didn’t have the legs for them at windy hill.

Didn’t help they had a few injuries throughout finals however no excuse Craigieburn were too good when it mattered most.

But yes some great gets for EK. Have any other clubs besides TL recruited some big names ?

I feel the losses to Westy and Tulla were due to getting ahead of themselves from the big wins prior and just jelling as a team.

They beat Craigieburn away which is a massive ground however just didn’t have the legs for them at windy hill.

Didn’t help they had a few injuries throughout finals however no excuse Craigieburn were too good when it mattered most.

But yes some great gets for EK. Have any other clubs besides TL recruited some big names ?

Hillside Picked up Tremberth from Glenroy-Handy footballer / Airport West & West coburg will announce soon but some very good players coming on board!

Hillside Picked up Tremberth from Glenroy-Handy footballer / Airport West & West coburg will announce soon but some very good players coming on board!
Also, I ventured out to that Craigieburn game that day as it was a milestone for ressie player and off memory it was about a 6 goals breeze blowing to one end - craigieburn won the toss and kicked against it - i think game over after quarter time - Craigieburn playing catch up footy. But, your right in the end, they won the games that really mattered.

If we get to see their best 22 on the field then some dodgy deals would’ve been done 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back