EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Ben Tankard the coach of Macedon in the RDFL ? Strange that he would be on that panel
It’s not Ben it’s Chris Tankard who represents Div 2 and Geoff Maddern was the Div 1 rep this year.
Will they replace Maddern this year with a div 1 rep or make it three A grade coach’s.

Heard that Nathan Lyons, has also signed on at East Keilor. Looks like they are putting together a fair list.
Div 1 has certainly added some quality footballers.

Turbo , need you to sniff around and get the story on this. Just read the statement - "TLFC will be making no further comment".. something smells here

I did hear that Shaun Smith was contacted by TL and believe he lives local.
Or the other possibility is have things changed at Aberfeldie and TL get there man in Potter. Don’t think so, but did hear Aberfeldie have a plan for Blackwell to take over at some point, possibly in 2020.

I did hear that Shaun Smith was contacted by TL and believe he lives local.
Or the other possibility is have things changed at Aberfeldie and TL get there man in Potter. Don’t think so, but did hear Aberfeldie have a plan for Blackwell to take over at some point, possibly in 2020.
But why did Tankard depart? Coaches just don't "resign" at this time of the year unless something has happened!!!

But why did Tankard depart? Coaches just don't "resign" at this time of the year unless something has happened!!!

something is seriously up with this decision. from all reports the players played for him and they were eying off a strong 2019. To ‘resign’ one session before the xmas break is seriously suss and for the club to make no further comment...? I think the players and fans are owed more than that. Who is in charge now ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's only something OH so small but Tankard was one of the 5 people to like/react to the Facebook post put out by Taylors Lakes. I don't think a person who has just been sacked by a club would be endorsing a post about it on social media.

Any believe it may have just been a mutual thing? I know he is pretty high up at Moonee Valley racecourse?? Change of roles/hours meaning unable to commit?

I could be completely wrong but just my thinking

I know it's only something OH so small but Tankard was one of the 5 people to like/react to the Facebook post put out by Taylors Lakes. I don't think a person who has just been sacked by a club would be endorsing a post about it on social media.

Any believe it may have just been a mutual thing? I know he is pretty high up at Moonee Valley racecourse?? Change of roles/hours meaning unable to commit?

I could be completely wrong but just my thinking
Could be a number of issue. I don’t think he was sacked as why do it in December when virtually impossible to find a high caliber coach to replace him.
Could be family issues like illness or death. But I bet it’s work commitments due to the fact the start MVRC start there renovations next year so it might impact his coaching ability.

Could be a number of issue. I don’t think he was sacked as why do it in December when virtually impossible to find a high caliber coach to replace him.
Could be family issues like illness or death. But I bet it’s work commitments due to the fact the start MVRC start there renovations next year so it might impact his coaching ability.
Fair enough but Moonee Valley didn't decide they were doing a major reno last week so why would he commit knowing this was coming up if that's true. Regardless Sammy is a ripper fella and I wish him all the best with his future endeavours to good a fella to be lost to footy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough but Moonee Valley didn't decide they were doing a major reno last week so why would he commit knowing this was coming up if that's true. Regardless Sammy is a ripper fella and I wish him all the best with his future endeavours to good a fella to be lost to footy.

Club is feeding out the "work" line. Tanks is a good bloke and EDFL person, has done a reasonable job at TLFC and we don't want to see him lost to footy.
Well you won't see him lost , he will pop up elsewhere after xmas.... watch this space
Reason for departure is not work related

Club is feeding out the "work" line. Tanks is a good bloke and EDFL person, has done a reasonable job at TLFC and we don't want to see him lost to footy.
Well you won't see him lost , he will pop up elsewhere after xmas.... watch this space
If he pops up after Christmas somewhere else, then it will be obvious it's not work related.

Spot on Survey. Disagreement with footy manager over a few matters I’m hearing so agreed to part ways

I have heard from a source there are some disgruntled Ek players that will be leaving, can anyone elaborate?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have heard 1 player talking to other clubs due to possible lack of opportunities with a massive influx of outsiders..... 60-70 at EK training pre Christmas apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back