EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy is finally back :D
Tips for round 1
  • Hillside by 40 points over OP. Not expecting much from OP this year and expect Hillside to have a good first up win
  • WC by 80 points over Roxy. Roxy won't be as bad as jacana were last year, but think WC will be quite good this season.
  • EK by 10 points over Lakes. If this was at TL I would tip Lakers. A lot of hype from EK coach this pre-season and I don't think even he believes some of his comments about how good they'll be
  • Tulla by 60 points over WM. Don't rate Westmeadows at all and I think Tulla will probably get 10-12 goals in front quickly and then cruise through the rest of the game.

Hillside by 48
WC by 94
EK by 50
Tulla by 32

Hillside by 10pts v OP
*HS at home but it will be close game.

WC by 90pts v RP
*Hearing WC are not traveling to well but RP will struggle in div1.

Taylor’s Lakes by 7pts v EK
*TL always competitive early and I think they will get the chocolates in a close game.

Tulla by 38pts v WM
*Tulla to strong but Westy will be competitive with Church and Castello up forward.

Hillside by 10pts v OP
*HS at home but it will be close game.

WC by 90pts v RP
*Hearing WC are not traveling to well but RP will struggle in div1.

Taylor’s Lakes by 7pts v EK
*TL always competitive early and I think they will get the chocolates in a close game.

Tulla by 38pts v WM
*Tulla to strong but Westy will be competitive with Church and Castello up forward.

Turbo if you go to Hillside you'll be the only one there, edfl fixture has OP home team

Turbo if you go to Hillside you'll be the only one there, edfl fixture has OP home team

Thanks Grover. Should have said close result due to being played at OP.

Going to watch premier league Saturday and have a few frothies. Try and give you a match report if I’m sober enough. Maybe report on 2nd quarter as after 1:2 time I will be 1/2 drunk. 🍺🍺

I've just had a look at the clearances and saw a familiar name in Peter Labi, would anyone from Roxburgh Park be able to advise whether that would be the former Carlton rookie?

I've just had a look at the clearances and saw a familiar name in Peter Labi, would anyone from Roxburgh Park be able to advise whether that would be the former Carlton rookie?

Speaking to some Roxy people and apparently it is him Bluejet.
They are not sure when he will arrive but they are super excited about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Castello named Westmeadows captain!!!
If you look at the Westy list Robbie Castello is the best player on it by the length of the Flemington straight! No doubt he will be a fantastic leader for the club and all the young up and coming players Westy have on the list.

Will be interested to see all the results come tomorrow evening. Main 2 games of interest would be EK vs TL and TULLA vs WESTY.

EK coach has made a lot of over the top comments and predictions (like a lot of coaches do when coming from another league) and reminds me a bit of Jacana coach Fletcher spruiking last season about them being world beaters. Obviously the two clubs are bit different, but time and time again you see these supposed 'gun players' of other leagues come into the EDFL and do very little.

WM are another club that loved to be talked up each pre-season then produce very little and now they are being talked up as finals for 2019. Gee Wizz!!!
This is a team that spanked Jacana Rnd 1 then the hype-train really started to then win only 2 more games for the year, 1 vs OP and then Jags again. Now they could push for finals??? You're kidding yourself. Castello and Church are great players but will need more than that.

Would struggle to think of too many times when WM have beaten Tulla in the last 10 years and the inclusion of Church up forward won't change that. I've never seen him get a kick against Tulla and for Westy to win he will have to have a big day.

Guess we will know if EK and Westy are the real deal come Sat night.

Big games to start the year!

Tulla to beat westy - surely westy improve on last year with church, Castello and group from WC but will take some time. Tulla too strong.

TL to beat EK - can see 1 or both of these teams making the 4 (have them ahead of hillside/westy). EK with some big recruits but will take some time to gel.

HS over OP - I can see HS sliding away from the top pack this year but still too good for OP. Hopefully OP’s young recruits show a bit this year.

WC comfortably over RP - gap is getting bigger between div 1 and div 2. Could be a tough year for RP, OP probably their only chance of not dropping straight back. WC to push for finals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you look at the Westy list Robbie Castello is the best player on it by the length of the Flemington straight! No doubt he will be a fantastic leader for the club and all the young up and coming players Westy have on the list.

Is Castello committed full time to westy this year? Ie. Expecting to play/train every week.
I thought he left Marby because he wasn’t able to commit to senior footy?

EK by 135 over TL. Wow!

Definitely the big story to come out of rnd 1, EK 50 scoring shots to 10!
Seems all of EK’s self promoted hype was warranted or are TL no good?

Westy in control against Tulla until half time but then both sides remembered that Tulla do not lose to westy and it was all over.

Other results as expected.

Anyone at the Roxy v West Coburg game yesterday ? Hearing there was an incident behind play where a Roxy player was concussed and with possible fracture of the jaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back