EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reliably told on the weekend Limbach may be done for this year, has issues to attend to outside of football and needs to concentrate on them. Good luck to him. Big Bellino is as fit as i have seen him and has played some good footy this year kicking goals each week. Will be interesting to see how Kimulitis goes at Craigieburn and if he gets into the senior side.
Limbach is not done yet.

sorry Snake , I don't know a lot of the 2,s platers as I rarely get there early enough but I will try to find out. You have got me interested too. Monster and ability are two words that prick the ears up. Was he an EK junior?

Yep. I see he kicked 4 in his first hit out.

Who is he playing for now. From what I remember he was fairly good junior but didn't really make it at the TAC Cup level.

So have a host of others who are now back playing footy at different levels.

Wow

I wonder what happened down at Pascoe V? If approved how do u stop Clare Church Saad up fwd? Sounds lethal

Very interesting!
Turbo, will Pacco clear him given he is a contracted player?
How was he going at Pacco? I watched him briefly against strathmore and he seemed to struggle a little with most of the supply going to Watson

Very interesting!
How was he going at Pacco? I watched him briefly against strathmore and he seemed to struggle a little with most of the supply going to Watson

Got dropped due to a points squeeze by the looks of it. A few VFL aligned players played and he obviously made way. If Stillman wasn’t there would he play ?

Very interesting!

Always going to be the 3rd tall at Pacco.

Got dropped due to a points squeeze by the looks of it. A few VFL aligned players played and he obviously made way. If Stillman wasn’t there would he play ?

Agree his being squeezed out due to the points and playing on a better comp. Bit tough on him as his 4 point player. To my knowledge hasn’t played much premier footy so bit disadvantaged being 4 points.
Yes Stillman coming in might have played a part as well. But gee his a good pick up that came in by luck really. If things were different they might have got his brother but once again the points system you can’t do it..

I guess they will have to work through the process before deciding to release him.

The other problem was Pacco lost there #1 ruckman 4 days before round 1. And he was a 1 point player. So you just need to manage things under the current rules and its a challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, potential Nuffy question, but here goes.

If Player "A" moves from a Premier club, where he had been a 1 point player, to a Div 1 club where he was never a junior, then realises he doesnt like it, and moves back to his original club, where he also hadn't been a junior, what points is he on? Does he go back to his original points (1), or will he now be a 4 point player, at the club he started at as a 1 point player? 3 points for the transfer, plus 1 for 3 clubs in short time? Genuine question.

If Player "A" moves from a Premier club, where he had been a 1 point player, to a Div 1 club where he was never a junior, then realises he doesnt like it, and moves back to his original club, where he also hadn't been a junior, what points is he on? Does he go back to his original points (1), or will he now be a 4 point player, at the club he started at as a 1 point player? 3 points for the transfer, plus 1 for 3 clubs in short time? Genuine question.

I think I get your scenario, thats a interesting one.

So your saying he was never a 1 pointer due to junior games, but got 1 point status due to seasons spent at club & reduction in points.

My guess is you still get 1 point status at that club.

Not confident though, maybe ask Turbo as he reckons its really simple & impossible to make a mistake.

Just thinking when he moves, he becomes a 3 pointer, plus gets an extra for coming from a higher div. Then when he goes back, he was a 4 point player, but does he revert, or does he go back as a 3 pointer due to be a lower div again, but then gain 1 by being effectively at the third club (even though it is only 2) in less than a year, thus becoming a 4 point player? I wonder if there is a precedence?

Senior player moving from div 1 club to premier is 3 pts
Only receives an additional point if he has been registered at 3 more clubs in the current or past 3 seasons.
Then receives a reduction of 1 point for every season he played at least 5 games for the club he is transferring to (in this case the premier club)

So assuming this player played at least 2 seasons at the premier club he could return as a 1 pointer

Don't want to rehash old ground but I notice today EDFL have adjusted more player points for EK. Langwell is now a 4 pointer ( surprise surprise )

However now if you go back through it....

Round 1 V TL is now 51/47
Round 4 V Hillside is now 51/47
and to make it worse they were still over on 4 days ago in Round 5 v OP 49/47

Don't want to rehash old ground but I notice today EDFL have adjusted more player points for EK. Langwell is now a 4 pointer ( surprise surprise )

Will be interesting to see there side for this week then ? The points squeeze will be on and now there coming up against the better sides in the next month .

Yet the EDFL remain silent

Old Fella. He will be a 1 pointer as that was his points value at that club prior to leaving. That’s my understanding..

I think I get your scenario, thats a interesting one.

So your saying he was never a 1 pointer due to junior games, but got 1 point status due to seasons spent at club & reduction in points.

My guess is you still get 1 point status at that club.

Not confident though, maybe ask Turbo as he reckons its really simple & impossible to make a mistake.

Lol..I don’t like the system but all clubs need to learn and study it and unfortunately work within the rules.
Yes the odd mistake could be made but multiple mistakes or teams being way over the limit should be avoidable if your doing it right and being honest..

Will be interesting to see there side for this week then ? The points squeeze will be on and now there coming up against the better sides in the next month .
Interestingly they have Cooper Perry as a 3 pointer. I looked him up on a Website and has played for EK for a number if years and I think he should be a 1 pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back