Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDequed

Debutant
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Dean Clare has submitted a clearance back to Westmeadows.
Didn't he leave Oak Park because Westmeadows offered more money and Oak Park gladly let him go because you'd be silly to pay your key forward thats only going to kick 30 goals for the season. When he went to Pascoe Vale I'm sure the $$$ looked good, but now he has realised he was alwasy going to be playing mostly 2's.

Aug 15, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't want to rehash old ground but I notice today EDFL have adjusted more player points for EK. Langwell is now a 4 pointer ( surprise surprise )

However now if you go back through it....

Round 1 V TL is now 51/47
Round 4 V Hillside is now 51/47
and to make it worse they were still over on 4 days ago in Round 5 v OP 49/47
Will Kett also changes from 3 to 4 pointer.

Based on his Edfl history he should be a 3.

Played more reserves games than seniors = 2 points + 1 point from premier to Div 1

manof

Debutant
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

If you change clubs as an under 19 or younger you remain a "transferred junior" 3 pointer until you play at least 5 senior games in a season.
Its to stop clubs recruiting gun 17 year olds, play them in the 19s for a few years and then have them available as 1 pointers.

You need to play 40 junior games (up to under 17s counts as juniors) for a club to be a homegrown 1 pointer for life

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
If you change clubs as an under 19 or younger you remain a "transferred junior" 3 pointer until you play at least 5 senior games in a season.
Its to stop clubs recruiting gun 17 year olds, play them in the 19s for a few years and then have them available as 1 pointers.

You need to play 40 junior games (up to under 17s counts as juniors) for a club to be a homegrown 1 pointer for life
Thanks Monof, I was very confused bout Perry as I saw him play U19s last year. Can those 5 games be in current season? ( probably silly question) I'm also pretty sure he played senior footy last year too

Bissa3

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
3 games now with points over??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes it looks that way. Come on EDFL, this is ridiculous how has this happened and what is happening with this situation? EK have now won 3 games over the points cap and that is not fair to the rest of the competition to say the least! An explanation please....

CATNDOG

Debutant
Oct 2, 2009
keilor downs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For an u19 to get a reduction they MUST play 5 or more Ones games. Ie: Klaromenos at Hillside. Was a three last year and played over 5 ones game so eligible for a 1 point reduction.
Reserves or thirds games don’t allow for a reduction for a transferred 19’s

CATNDOG

Debutant
Oct 2, 2009
keilor downs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The big issue with the EK points is that the EDFL and specifically Mr Webb was notified prior to the sharks game and they chose to do nothing. They could have fixed this the Friday before that game or even game day. Bad luck if it upsets EK. Now it’s a free for all.
Not all is fair in the best division in local footy!

Aug 15, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
For an u19 to get a reduction they MUST play 5 or more Ones games. Ie: Klaromenos at Hillside. Was a three last year and played over 5 ones game so eligible for a 1 point reduction.
Reserves or thirds games don’t allow for a reduction for a transferred 19’s
Klaromenos should've been a 4 pointer ( due to TAC cup games played )

Should now be a 3 pointer.

Have the Taylors Lakes guys been changed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CATNDOG

Debutant
Oct 2, 2009
keilor downs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He wasn’t recruited to sharks as a tac player he was at sharks already when he made tac so sorry mate you are not correct on that one.

CATNDOG

Debutant
Oct 2, 2009
keilor downs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon you’re right for Ajaimy.
I have a few friends at Sharks and I reckon you’ll find that one gets fixed.
All clubs better double check. It is difficult when to qualify for home grown the 40 games must be played up to 17’s but there is no reduction for 19’s if they play 19’s. It’s like a gap year for the points system. As said earlier the only way a 19’s player can get a reduction is to play Ones.

Dons81

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2013
Backstage
AFL Club
Essendon
The points system however flawed is extremely simple to follow. You just need to read the rules, follow them and most importantly extensively research the players you recruit. If you don’t do the research you can get a surprise when a player goes from 3-5 points unexpectedly.

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anyone else believe that the EDFL stance on not informing the local football public of how this points problem has occured is the wrong way about dealing with this problem . The clubs depend upon the public to attend and support the local clubs , both emotionally and financially , the clubs dont exist without people attending on a game day and enjoying a game of local football. All they ask for is for the competition to be run in a fair manner with rules that are even for every club.
When a problem like the points situation happens at any club , or an over paying of players , or whatever the main point of conjecture at the time may be , its important that the football public are kept up to date by the competition ( in this case the EDFL ) to inform them of all the relevant details, so the football public can have full confidence that their competition is being administered in an even and fair manner.
This is the least the EDFL can do , both for their brand but also for the brand of the club/s that may also be involved.
If ,as it seems , their has been a mistake by the staff at the EDFL , just come out and let the public know , its not a hanging offence .
I wonder if this would have gone on so long if it was Premier Division and the likes of Kent , Larkins , Elliots clubs were effected.
EDFL, please put an end to this for the sake of the EDFL brand

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone else believe that the EDFL stance on not informing the local football public of how this points problem has occured is the wrong way about dealing with this problem . The clubs depend upon the public to attend and support the local clubs , both emotionally and financially , the clubs dont exist without people attending on a game day and enjoying a game of local football. All they ask for is for the competition to be run in a fair manner with rules that are even for every club.
When a problem like the points situation happens at any club , or an over paying of players , or whatever the main point of conjecture at the time may be , its important that the football public are kept up to date by the competition ( in this case the EDFL ) to inform them of all the relevant details, so the football public can have full confidence that their competition is being administered in an even and fair manner.
This is the least the EDFL can do , both for their brand but also for the brand of the club/s that may also be involved.
If ,as it seems , their has been a mistake by the staff at the EDFL , just come out and let the public know , its not a hanging offence .
I wonder if this would have gone on so long if it was Premier Division and the likes of Kent , Larkins , Elliots clubs were effected.

Good post PC. I believe the EDFL is not accepting blame as per what there obligations are under this system. It’s just a matter of when they will come out and announce the points will be taken off EK for playing over the allocated amount of points. Clubs need to be accountable as well..

Think the hold up is they are just checking other teams to ensure it’s only 1 club playing outside the rules.

I liked the comment that “the best division of footy in metro is now a farce” maybe the EDFL media team will need to change this quote!! The division is in total chaos..

PS: for the select few who who think I’m potting clubs, well it does seem I have a lot of support and the number of people/clubs become annoyed over this issue is growing by the day. To many people are over it..
FFs just play by the rules and stop making excuses and blaming others.. Fix it..

manof

Debutant
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Completely agree Chops, the EDFL need to address this issue and be transparent.
This has been my point the whole time and the reason I have continued to raise the issue here and on other platforms.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting team selection at EK tonight. Will they continue to select a team over the points or within the points..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back