EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will see how happy all the other clubs are once their points are analysed. Won’t that be embarrassing if every other club doesn’t get their pints 100% correct.
100% guarantee Roxy won't be above 40 let alone 47 points in any game

FFS give it a rest mate. Sounds very personal to me . Just admit all your theories were wrong and you were so far off beam it’s not funny. If you can’t understand the EDFL statement get someone to explain it to you . We also had some players downgraded points wise. Why don’t you come down to the club and show us how’s it done seeing you think it’s an easy process .

Might pop up there but I’m not sure you and me would get along pal. I’m pretty honest and would tell you straight which I’m sure you wouldn’t like. Just select your best side tonight and who cares what points you get to. Go the whole hog and play with 60 points. Mr Webb won’t do anything. But his probably up at EK having a meal and a few drinks with you blokes. 😉😉😎😎

Gman stop getting your back up because you know everyone else is right you guys tried to be shifty now suck it up and just admit it
I'm fine mate. Some people just can't comprehend the EDFL statement.

Might pop up there but I’m not sure you and me would get along pal. I’m pretty honest and would tell you straight which I’m sure you wouldn’t like. Just select your best side tonight and who cares what points you get to. Go the whole hog and play with 60 points. Mr Webb won’t do anything. But his probably up at EK having a meal and a few drinks with you blokes. 😉😉😎😎
Ha , we've got the whole board up there tonight , along with Elvis and JFK.

Hey guys. Big day. Without a doubt probably the most embarrassing day in EDFL history for some time. Lots to take in and what to do now.

Firstly, please don't use the term flog or any other name when making a point, or you won't be making one.

Secondly, I know a pretty high ranking official at EK and I reckon I know him well enough to believe they were acting in good faith and under clear directions from the EDFL, however, there has been a clear breach of the points policy in some of their games (and possibly other clubs) so what's the fairest outcome?

IMO, and going solely on EDFL blame, any team beaten by a side over the points cap, should at the very least be given two of those competition points solely because they weren't playing on a level playing field and the reality is, that simply isn't right.

Huge night at the selection table too no doubt and quite possibly some very unhappy players.

Has anyone ACTUALLY sat down with someone from a club and seen the process on working out who has been where and their points worth? Based on what I am reading here that would be a big no. I reckon it would be harder than one would think.
It’s not hard at all. You have google, you have the players history on sports tg and you have the player themselves to ask if unsure.

Have seen this thing play out a few times. Any club worth a pinch researches what their players are points wise. Occasionally a club will do it and realise a good player misses out by a point or two from fitting in the best 22. Club will then submit the points minus the odd top 5 b and f finish or deliberately not include a point for having too many clubs in 3 years. They submit this and hope the league are too lazy to audit correctly or don’t understand players ability to check top 5 finish.

Have seen this thing play out a few times. Any club worth a pinch researches what their players are points wise. Occasionally a club will do it and realise a good player misses out by a point or two from fitting in the best 22. Club will then submit the points minus the odd top 5 b and f finish or deliberately not include a point for having too many clubs in 3 years. They submit this and hope the league are too lazy to audit correctly or don’t understand players ability to check top 5 finish.

Exactly mate. Couple of good posts. I guess some people try and manipulate to suit there needs and it’s wrong and unfair on the honest clubs.

I think the top 5 finish should be scrapped from a players PPV as the leading goal kicker stuff.

is Elvis singing?:cool:

Great to see EK finally purchased a calculator and selected a side under 47 points. Hopefully no late minute changes or players playing under dodging names. 😄😄

Question is, can EK get a win by playing within the rules..Huge game for EK..🤘

Great to see EK finally purchased a calculator and selected a side under 47 points. Hopefully no late minute changes or players playing under dodging names. 😄😄

Question is, can EK get a win by playing within the rules..Huge game for EK..🤘
Their may still be changes on Monday morning to the points of EK players or anyone else within the EDFL.
From the statement made by the EDFL they can and have changed the points of a player on the Monday morning after the weekends game (as they have twice so far ) and the result from over that weekend remains the same.
How does the EDFL justify letting players run around on a Saturday that may have a bearing on the outcome of a game or even the outcome of percentage that may be a bearing on who plays finals or who gets relegated ?

Their may still be changes on Monday morning to the points of EK players or anyone else within the EDFL.
From the statement made by the EDFL they can and have changed the points of a player on the Monday morning after the weekends game (as they have twice so far ) and the result from over that weekend remains the same.
How does the EDFL justify letting players run around on a Saturday that may have a bearing on the outcome of a game or even the outcome of percentage that may be a bearing on who plays finals or who gets relegated ?

Yes mate that’s exactly right. It’s a big joke really.

I see Clare at Westy this week and the club entered his PPV as a 4. Correct and well done for doing the right thing. Can’t say that about every club can we.

Hope he kicks a bag. I agree decent forward line and will be hard to contain especially come finals time. The question will be do Westy have the ruck, mids and rebounding half back line to supply them enough decent footy??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes mate that’s exactly right. It’s a big joke really.

I see Clare at Westy this week and the club entered his PPV as a 4. Correct and well done for doing the right thing. Can’t say that about every club can we.

Hope he kicks a bag. I agree decent forward line and will be hard to contain especially come finals time. The question will be do Westy have the ruck, mids and rebounding half back line to supply them enough decent footy??

I would say their recent results suggest they do.
Big game - should be a ripper. Both sides playing an exciting brand of football

Hey guys. Big day. Without a doubt probably the most embarrassing day in EDFL history for some time. Lots to take in and what to do now.

Firstly, please don't use the term flog or any other name when making a point, or you won't be making one.

Secondly, I know a pretty high ranking official at EK and I reckon I know him well enough to believe they were acting in good faith and under clear directions from the EDFL, however, there has been a clear breach of the points policy in some of their games (and possibly other clubs) so what's the fairest outcome?

IMO, and going solely on EDFL blame, any team beaten by a side over the points cap, should at the very least be given two of those competition points solely because they weren't playing on a level playing field and the reality is, that simply isn't right.

Huge night at the selection table too no doubt and quite possibly some very unhappy players.

Fair idea I think Aucklander! EK were found not to be at fault but definitely had an advantage while TL, HS & OP were definitely not at fault and were disadvantaged. Don't see it happening though unfortunately.

Big news with Clare returning to Westy and Church back this week. Now a very potent fwd line with Saad as well. Last year at times westy threw Evans & Willcocks fwd to spark their fwd line but it negatively impacted their ball movement off half back, shouldn't have to now with their new look fwd line.

I would say their recent results suggest they do.
Big game - should be a ripper. Both sides playing an exciting brand of football

Recruit of the season has been to get Castello on board at Westy. If he can stay injury free he has the potential to win div1 finals off his own boot. I can imagine his teaching the younger brigade some tricks as well.

Will be good to get back to talking footy but one last one on the points.
How is that the TL twins are 3 points still? Same league and division as Langwell so should be 4’s.
I reckon we will be dealing with points for a long long time.

Big game tomorrow Westy V EK - Westy by a kick after the siren, umpire paying a 6-6-6 penalty!

Will be good to get back to talking footy but one last one on the points.
How is that the TL twins are 3 points still? Same league and division as Langwell so should be 4’s.
I reckon we will be dealing with points for a long long time.

Big game tomorrow Westy V EK - Westy by a kick after the siren, umpire paying a 6-6-6 penalty!

Westy will best EK by 40 points. If Church plays they win by 60+.

Jesus, that’s a big statement!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Westy beat CB and if Clare & Church play I don’t think EK have to backline to hold them all. Arrow will get one but he can’t take all 4. Anyway just my opinion. Westy to make a statement tomorrow.

How will EK go playing within the rules under 47 points??

Have a good weekend lads..

Westy beat CB and if Clare & Church play I don’t think EK have to backline to hold them all. Arrow will get one but he can’t take all 4. Anyway just my opinion. Westy to make a statement tomorrow.

How will EK go playing within the rules under 47 points??

Have a good weekend lads..

Have watched a couple of EK games, pretty solid in the back half, least scored against team in the comp. Arrowsmith, McCormack, Vraca ( back in after an interrupted pre-season & was a solid contributor last year from what i saw) Calluzzi, Pettigrove, Madden etc....

Clare & Church combined vs EK last year over 4 games only managed 7 goals in total, that was with Arrowsmith playing midfield. Schiavello got the better of both of them in two games that i saw.

Regardless it should be an absolute cracker tomorrow.

Other news is Limbach may not play again this year, hope all is well with him as there is something going on outside of football, not entirely sure what but lets all just hope he does get himself right and can get back on the track. I don’t think it will have a massive impact on their results as alot of their goals come from mids and smaller forwards, plus johnny bellino in terrific form, and Brock Chircop is just about the best small forward in the comp, one kid i have seen alot of through his junior years and has just kept on producing the goods.

My tips for the weekend
Cbrn beat WC - 12 points
Tulla beat OP - 80 points
TL beat Roxy - 20 points
EK beat westy - 7 points

So taylors lakes score 35 against EK but 88 & 64 against Craigieburn and Tulla , roxy also score almost tripled their score that they got against EK when they played Craigieburn, thats what i was getting at, It is evident who the bottom three sides are but between those three they managed to score a massive 4 goals in total in the second half of those 3 games, defence can’t be that bad at EK.

So taylors lakes score 35 against EK but 88 & 64 against Craigieburn and Tulla , roxy also score almost tripled their score that they got against EK when they played Craigieburn, thats what i was getting at, It is evident who the bottom three sides are but between those three they managed to score a massive 4 goals in total in the second half of those 3 games, defence can’t be that bad at EK.

Spot on Bignugget . Some big outs for EK though. N. Grabowski. Cooper Perry and last weeks B.O.G Mitch Parsons. If they get up tomorrow against a contender at their home ground then they are the real deal.
I believe they are and that they will.

Spot on Bignugget . Some big outs for EK though. N. Grabowski. Cooper Perry and last weeks B.O.G Mitch Parsons. If they get up tomorrow against a contender at their home ground then they are the real deal.
I believe they are and that they will.

11 points for those 3 players.. Good luck getting them back in..
Don’t pull the we have a few out card before the game.. At least wait for the result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back