EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please help. When a premier reserves player signs a contract with a Div1 club for $700 per game and has only played a handful of Senior premier games for the past few years. Is it the players good bargaining, the Div1 clubs fault or simply a cry of desperation for success? It won't take long for the BF public to work it out.

Someone please help. When a premier reserves player signs a contract with a Div1 club for $700 per game and has only played a handful of Senior premier games for the past few years. Is it the players good bargaining, the Div1 clubs fault or simply a cry of desperation for success? It won't take long for the BF public to work it out.

Imagine what they'd pay a top liner.

Good on the player. Desperation by club. Not good if it doesn’t work out and he struggles!

Pang, Each case is different. What type of player are we talking about? Which premier club is he from? What are the reasons he didn’t play many senior games?
However in most cases $700 is way over the mark and it’s the reason some players move clubs all the time as clubs decide the player is not worthy of that much. However let’s use the recent case of Maric from Strathmore to Tulla. The big ruckman is probably more suited to div1 but more a fill in at premier level. If a club is looking for a tall to compliment there on ballers then what is Maric worth? PS: I have no idea what he is on at Tulla but his probably worth between 400-600.

Imo no player in div1 is worth more than 400-450 except your marquee 2 or 3 players. Or you recruit a gun player from a top tier comp then the payment could range in value,but not exceeding 1000. Playing assistant maybe 1200 if his putting back into the club.
What about when Page was rucking for Craigieburn a few years back. Surely he is someone in that bracket..
Cloke boys at CB a few years back. Especially Cam, as he dominated and played footy in the right way. Without being on the inside, I believe he must be given credit for changing the behaviour of the club in some way as for a big bloke he played the game the right way.

Harris at APW when they won promotion was surely on good coin, and rightly so. Gun player, especially in div1, and a ripper guy off field, around the club. Anyone of that caliber comes along you MUST go after them at any costs if your in the premiership window.

Sorry, think I went off track again! Lol

It’s probably $200/$300 more then what he has really signed for but has told his old club that is what the offer is to make him feel the move is easier to make and his old club won’t begrudge him for going,

Clearly the club has not done enough homework and it smacks of desperation by the club to be seen to be doing something

Ironically from your club Turbo and chose to ignore the $500 on the table to join his former coach and stay in premier to take the fuel money and go for a drive up the Calder.

Don’t know the ins & outs but he should go ok in div1. That amount you have stated, right or wrong, is over his market value but could be value for money if he has a good year. These types of players are not easy to find though Pang as he can play in multiple positions and is a competitive person. If you know him I’m sure you will wish him the best as his a very likeable guy.

Don’t know the ins & outs but he should go ok in div1. That amount you have stated, right or wrong, is over his market value but could be value for money if he has a good year. These types of players are not easy to find though Pang as he can play in multiple positions and is a competitive person. If you know him I’m sure you will wish him the best as his a very likeable guy.

Players name?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks like East Keilor has been on a huge recruiting drive with 21 players nominating to go there already.

It looks like East Keilor has been on a huge recruiting drive with 21 players nominating to go there already.

The real question is how many will make an impact in div1 as I think are few will play more 2s. Definitely the 3 boys from Bundoora will go well (and good pick ups) but unsure on the others..Need to remember the new coach hasn’t coached on his own before to my knowledge, so maybe only getting fringe typed players.
The other question is will this many new players have an impact on the playing group. Hope some aren’t pushing out regular 2s players as that will cause internal issues.
Anyway let’s wait and see..

The real question is how many will make an impact in div1 as I think are few will play more 2s. Definitely the 3 boys from Bundoora will go well (and good pick ups) but unsure on the others..Need to remember the new coach hasn’t coached on his own before to my knowledge, so maybe only getting fringe typed players.
The other question is will this many new players have an impact on the playing group. Hope some aren’t pushing out regular 2s players as that will cause internal issues.

Great question... The blokes that have been there for years playing 2s May be pushed out and that’s what you don’t want..
With the numbers and the talent EK has in the 19s I find it strange you would get 20 new blokes to the club..
They could have recruited 5/6 quality players like the ones from Bundoora and blooded some young kids and they would have been in a great position..
Only my thoughts..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The other issue will be points - 6 to 7 new players to a senior team would have a significant impact on the teams points

A couple of the Deer Park 2's boys will play seniors, the rest will fill the reserves and eventually request to go back to Deer Park as it is a division below what they were playing.

No way they all play seniors. Some aren't even that good.

With at least 21 new players coming in some of the boys already there will be pushed down. Maybe they could even have a 3rds team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back