EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it’s just grandstanding. The way the better run clubs do it is to announce it at presentation night.

Why? I’m sure recruiting a certain player then puts pressure on players so others will leave. The player who signed what about there position as Hillside reserves in finals. I don’t like it and it’s just grandstanding. Its very unusual tactic which could backfire.. Where does Dion Hill now fit in next season? I’m sure his not overly happy.

Rumours are Hillside close to signing a gun forward. Watch this space..

Is Church coming back.....

Young destroyed them last week. What’s the turnaround in this player. Always appeared lazy and at times can go the man instead of the ball. Last week he looked a different player.

Whitnall used his rotations a lot which Pat just relied on the players on the ground. To me Whitnall a couple of levels above Pat with regards to coaching.. But that’s no secret to anyone.

Pat also played Lyons who didn’t appear fully fit. Big mistake and trust your list to be able to cover him. What does that say to the group.. Not sure it’s a good move in a semi final!!
Always lazy? You're kidding yourself there mate. Probably the best player in the side when fully healthy.

You seem mad he took Colleta off your Hillside :)

Couldn’t care much mate. Players can go where they want. I don’t get to many Hillside games anyhow..
Pretty sure EK were extremely confident of winning it and going up, hence Coletta wanted to have a crack at premier. Good idea to go to a promoted club as a way of getting a game. His had a lot of injuries and a serious one this year. Hope his recovered.

Is he really going to be a good recruit for premier footy if they do win it and go up?

Luck he negotiated a massive sign on bonus as he hasn’t played many games in the last 3 season. Shame to hear he may be leaving his junior club the Sharks for a cash grab as they never got the best of him. Hope he spends the cash well.

Crappy day for the final today. IMO though this will negate Tulla height advantage and it will come down to who wants it most.
Massive outs for Cougars but don't write them off. Jordy Madden and Jhye King will relish the conditions .
Ash Arrowsmith was huge last week and he lifts big time for finals as does Ben Caluzzi . The highly skilled can shine in these conditions and be the difference.
So GO COUGARS, go hard, make us proud and give it your all.

Crappy day for the final today. IMO though this will negate Tulla height advantage and it will come down to who wants it most.
Massive outs for Cougars but don't write them off. Jordy Madden and Jhye King will relish the conditions .
Ash Arrowsmith was huge last week and he lifts big time for finals as does Ben Caluzzi . The highly skilled can shine in these conditions and be the difference.
So GO COUGARS, go hard, make us proud and give it your all.

Should be a great contest today but I think Craigieburn wouldn’t be unhappy with the conditions. A tough game could hamper the winners chances of playing well next week.

I though Arrowsmith was the best player on the ground in the first 40 minutes last week, but then Craigieburn no.17 went to him and they started using him. Reckon he had a hand in at least 5 second half goals and Ash didn’t adapt. I’m sure DC will try a similar plan, maybe with Burns after last weeks heroics ?

EK need Lyons to fire in absent of Grabowksi, although different players and different fitness levels, Lyons has the class to be a match winner. Caluzzi was brilliant of half back and will need his ball use coming out.

Ek by 6 points for me.

So what did he do / instruct to stop what young was able to do on the inside of the contest ?
Then being able to link up and kick 4 ? 3/4 time of a div 1 game and you get told to stop playing nervously hmmm fair enough
As to the list management side of it not recruiting does not make you a bad coach but it can make you look better then what you are.
I’m quite comfortable with my knowledge and where my opinion is as they say where all in titled to have our own.
We all knew what c/burn would bring come finals time on the bigger grounds it was no secret. Beating sides twice in the h&a means nothing it’s who is the best side now is what counts and lance had is a game on the day

“Pat can’t coach”

No Grabowski brothers
No Nathan Lyons
No Charlie Van Der Byl

What’s DC’s and Tullas excuse now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Scott, CHF has kicked 5 for the season, 3 of those against Roxy. Libba and Prestia had little impact today, Matson the young gun from Tulla moved up onto a wing when they needed something but they lacked spark coming out of their backline. Ben Caluzzi and Jordan Madden had absolute blinders today, the changes for EK worked in their favour because all of DC's plans went out the window, EK deserved the victory today and made Tulla look second rate on the outside, exactly how Craigieburn beat EK. Looking forward to next week should be a cracking game.
Scott brothers from Tullamarine absolute wastes of space! Honestly how do they both get a game try and act tough and go the man majority of the time and then do nothing when the ball is there to be won dead set clowns!!

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adam Scott, CHF has kicked 5 for the season, 3 of those against Roxy. Libba and Prestia had little impact today, Matson the young gun from Tulla moved up onto a wing when they needed something but they lacked spark coming out of their backline. Ben Caluzzi and Jordan Madden had absolute blinders today, the changes for EK worked in their favour because all of DC's plans went out the window, EK deserved the victory today and made Tulla look second rate on the outside, exactly how Craigieburn beat EK. Looking forward to next week should be a cracking game.

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a coaching masterclass by EK agreed Tulla looked second rate. Going to be a cracking GF

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tulla had a fair few passengers today very scrappy game ek took there chances wen it counted

Tulla terrible today is the common view...
I had to leave for a family commitment before the ones started.
Were they cocky? Were they out coached? Did they choke?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back