EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But are we talking fringe player, or a twos bloke who has realised his days are numbered?
First picked on a Thursday night in the 1's heart & Soul local absolutely not a fringe or 2's player from what i have heard Old Fella hope he stays and is able to enjoy some success.... still not convinced EK have what it takes to win it especially with CB and Tulla's lists

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

First picked on a Thursday night in the 1's heart & Soul local absolutely not a fringe or 2's player from what i have heard Old Fella hope he stays and is able to enjoy some success.... still not convinced EK have what it takes to win it especially with CB and Tulla's lists

Agree 100% outback. EK should improve but still think they are a fair way off Tullamarine and Craigieburn.

Have been told by multiple sources thatTullamarine have had a huge boost with former captain and multiple best and fairest winner Justin Marcy back after a year off with a broken leg. Has trained the house done before Xmas break apparently.

Would be a massive inclusion!

Also have heard strong talk that some of the west coburg boys that went to westy are unhappy and possibly looking at returning to west coburg.

I’m sure that there are more reasons that some of these blokes from EK aren’t staying, does anyone have names of blokes that are potentially leaving ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That would be giving away intel mate. You need to be quick as I’m also hearing 2-3 senior players not happy at pre season and looking to move on if the offer is good. Interesting times but not uncommon at footy clubs making changes at the top.

That would be giving away intel mate. You need to be quick as I’m also hearing 2-3 senior players not happy at pre season and looking to move on if the offer is good. Interesting times but not uncommon at footy clubs making changes at the top.
When you say senior players would they be top 22 Rd 1.

Keep in mind the with the influx coming in they may not be top 22

But you don't want to lose good clubmen either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do most sides come back to training within the next 2 weeks? I agree spy surely they have there coach by now!

You would think most clubs would be starting again around 14th, and of course would of expected boys to have done some training on their own over the Christmas period. Only those that are serious would of done that though.

But are we talking fringe player, or a twos bloke who has realised his days are numbered?
Not 100% but think CJ and Paris Grampsas might be leaving, that would explain the heart and soul bit. Possibly Coburg Districts.
EK have recruited really well yes a lot of twos players which probably with there depth are not needed but if they can fit them in points wise will be a real contender if they gel. Just hope for EK sake they don’t lose all of there good kids through lack of opportunity as they have some good ones .
Still believe it’s a two horse race between Tulla and Craigieburn though .

TL still no coach? Must have something sorted by now? Who can fill us in?
Heard they have signed a couple of Avondale guys , Charles Cuzzupi as coach and Rohan Eastway as assistant . Think Charles was AH director of footy. Nothing has come out officially though so could be Chinese whispers.

Heard they have signed a couple of Avondale guys , Charles Cuzzupi as coach and Rohan Eastway as assistant . Think Charles was AH director of footy. Nothing has come out officially though so could be Chinese whispers.

Last I heard Avondale had announced Cuzzupi as the Senior Runner on social media

That’s official it’s announced

Not 100% but think CJ and Paris Grampsas might be leaving, that would explain the heart and soul bit. Possibly Coburg Districts.
EK have recruited really well yes a lot of twos players which probably with there depth are not needed but if they can fit them in points wise will be a real contender if they gel. Just hope for EK sake they don’t lose all of there good kids through lack of opportunity as they have some good ones .
Still believe it’s a two horse race between Tulla and Craigieburn though .

I have heard along the same lines that they are heading elsewhere, it’s very sad that blokes like that are leaving the club good blokes/players they must have there reasons for leaving

I think Ek will go nb, what will kill them is to much of an influx of players and the problem will be all of them being on the same page and playing as 1 side when you have afew inclusions shakes up a side especially when a lot haven’t played together

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely the league is not going to allow the bottom side of this years div1 a free ticket. Why don’t they offer the 2 grand final teams in div2 the opportunity to go up. If one of them doesn’t want to go up then allow the bottom team the opportunity to stay up. This needs to be closely assessed post season as if the bottom side is getting beaten by big margins then they don’t deserve to stay up.
They should have put Sunbury Kangaroos in div1 this season and problem solved..

It would appear Roxburgh Park could be struggling to field a competitive side as to my knowledge they have announced 1 decent recruit. That’s not going to be sufficient and I can see things getting ugly with big results against them. At least Jacana were having a dip and stayed competitive in a lot of games and they recruited a few more than Roxburgh Park have to this point.

Views anyone.,

Surely the league is not going to allow the bottom side of this years div1 a free ticket. Why don’t they offer the 2 grand final teams in div2 the opportunity to go up. If one of them doesn’t want to go up then allow the bottom team the opportunity to stay up. This needs to be closely assessed post season as if the bottom side is getting beaten by big margins then they don’t deserve to stay up.
They should have put Sunbury Kangaroos in div1 this season and problem solved..

It would appear Roxburgh Park could be struggling to field a competitive side as to my knowledge they have announced 1 decent recruit. That’s not going to be sufficient and I can see things getting ugly with big results against them. At least Jacana were having a dip and stayed competitive in a lot of games and they recruited a few more than Roxburgh Park have to this point.

Views anyone.,
Please explain why the EDFL would bring any club into the competition with the reward of starting in any competition other than Div 2.
No club from outside the EDFL should be given promotion before all other clubs have refused the same opportunity.
What happens if a strong club wished to enter the EDFL in Premier Div , would we demote PV.
The only way to get better is to keep competing against better competition , if Roxy want to stay in Div 2 they will always be a Div 2 club. It might be best to give them the chance of being ordinary before you burn them, as they maybe doing exactly what their club wants and can afford , and if that’s the case what’s wrong with that.

Please explain why the EDFL would bring any club into the competition with the reward of starting in any competition other than Div 2.
No club from outside the EDFL should be given promotion before all other clubs have refused the same opportunity.
What happens if a strong club wished to enter the EDFL in Premier Div , would we demote PV.
The only way to get better is to keep competing against better competition , if Roxy want to stay in Div 2 they will always be a Div 2 club. It might be best to give them the chance of being ordinary before you burn them, as they maybe doing exactly what their club wants and can afford , and if that’s the case what’s wrong with that.

You obviously didn’t read or understand my post. The league is going to look at evening out the divisions with even numbers to avoid the byes in div 1 and 2 for next year. This could see the bottom side in div1 avoid relegation.

Nothing against Roxy and I’m not demoting a club for a new club but let’s be fair dinkum here. No club should be allowed a free hit as it just allows blow out results. They could have done it this year and promoted East Sunbury as well then. I’m sure they were keen to go up.

Personally I think div1 should be 10 sides. Even if you have a few byes in div2 to accomodate div1 having no byes..

Each club must be assessed individually but without compromising the current promotion/relegation process. It was the perfect time to do this however once it goes to 10-10-8 then I agree new clubs must start in div2 unless the premiership team didnt wish to go up and there was a better alternative.

What if St Albans chose to join the EDFL this season. Surely it’s not good to start them in div2 if we have room to fit them into div1.

It was the perfect time to get a new established club into the EDFL.

You obviously didn’t read or understand my post. The league is going to look at evening out the divisions with even numbers to avoid the byes in div 1 and 2 for next year. This could see the bottom side in div1 avoid relegation.

Nothing against Roxy and I’m not demoting a club for a new club but let’s be fair dinkum here. No club should be allowed a free hit as it just allows blow out results. They could have done it this year and promoted East Sunbury as well then. I’m sure they were keen to go up.

Personally I think div1 should be 10 sides. Even if you have a few byes in div2 to accomodate div1 having no byes..

Each club must be assessed individually but without compromising the current promotion/relegation process. It was the perfect time to do this however once it goes to 10-10-8 then I agree new clubs must start in div2 unless the premiership team didnt wish to go up and there was a better alternative.

What if St Albans chose to join the EDFL this season. Surely it’s not good to start them in div2 if we have room to fit them into div1.

It was the perfect time to get a new established club into the EDFL.

Your post didn’t make sense to start with but now if you are referring to 2020 then you are saying Roxy are finishing last and shouldn’t get to stay up, is that your meaning ? If so bit disrespectful as who knows what lists sides are going to end up with , agree it will be difficult for them but not impossible.
Whoever comes last should go down in my opinion and the top two div 2 sides come up but that is open to conjecture, I believe Westy got a free hit as you suggest a few years ago and they ended up doing pretty well after it so either way can work.
I also think it is up to an incoming club to get the best deal they can that fits there club so yes you would expect a StAlbans, Sunshine to come into Div 1 but for instance what would you do with a Caroline Springs who play A Grade . Div 1 or Div 2? Each case on its merit and Sunbury are playing in the right division considering there last couple of years in my opinion .

Your post didn’t make sense to start with but now if you are referring to 2020 then you are saying Roxy are finishing last and shouldn’t get to stay up, is that your meaning ? If so bit disrespectful as who knows what lists sides are going to end up with , agree it will be difficult for them but not impossible.
Whoever comes last should go down in my opinion and the top two div 2 sides come up but that is open to conjecture, I believe Westy got a free hit as you suggest a few years ago and they ended up doing pretty well after it so either way can work.
I also think it is up to an incoming club to get the best deal they can that fits there club so yes you would expect a StAlbans, Sunshine to come into Div 1 but for instance what would you do with a Caroline Springs who play A Grade . Div 1 or Div 2? Each case on its merit and Sunbury are playing in the right division considering there last couple of years in my opinion .

Stop kidding yourself. Roxy have recruited 1 player. They are $1.01 to finish bottom

Has West Coburg settled from all the comings and goings and/or boomerangs from the end of the season! How are they looking for 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back