EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually follow div 2 footy
But was in the area so decided to watch the ek v Rp game
Ek:
Wow, they have stars on every line Grabowski hill and calluzi dominated from start to finish and I think they’ll give cburn a real run for their money
Coach is an old fashioned coach who only wants the best for his players and the club wonder if points will be an issue come finals
RP:
There best footy is competitive but not good enough and they’ll struggle this year
Short and Ferras were good and I think In time (years) capuano and Elliot will become good footballers at this level
They are a long way off but they have tried to give it a crack

It’s not going to get an easier for Roxy.. Maybe Oak Park might be a close one but it appears this early in they are going to cop some hidings. Yet to play Craigieburn and Tulla..
It’s never good to see one sided games especially after div1 has been reasonable competitive comp in recent seasons. Sunbury Kangaroos will win div2 and come up but interesting if the league decides to promote 2 teams up from div2 and relegate 1 team.

On another subject pal, why didn’t Roxy improve there list to be at least competitive and try and stay up. At this early point I can’t see them winning a game. It’s not an ideal situation..

Just a thought..... maybe money?
I’d like to see the spending difference of EK compared to last year...
They certainly have recruited blokes who are good senior footballers!

Tullamarine got smashed all around the ground.

My understanding is Tullamarine have at least 6 and as many as 10 blokes who can come back into that side. And looking at the selected side yesterday so say they are too old isn’t accurate, only 2 over 30 from my calculations. It’s only round two so I’m not calling anything to early.

Craigieburn do look good. And by the results you’d have to have Craigieburn 1, East Keillor 2 to start the year.

Will we have another year with only a few sides in real contention and a large gap to the rest??

DC will be asked not to coach at Tulla this year...wheels are falling off

Is that a prediction by you or a statement from Tullamarine sources?

Huge call if true after after 2 games with a side sitting 1-1

I haven’t heard of this unrest between Tullamarine and the coach.

Westmeadows got on the board with a win over WC. Are those sides finals contenders or will they be bottom half sides? Did church play? I heard his injury from the Tullamarine game was serious?

My understanding is Tullamarine have at least 6 and as many as 10 blokes who can come back into that side. And looking at the selected side yesterday so say they are too old isn’t accurate, only 2 over 30 from my calculations. It’s only round two so I’m not calling anything to early.

Craigieburn do look good. And by the results you’d have to have Craigieburn 1, East Keillor 2 to start the year.

Will we have another year with only a few sides in real contention and a large gap to the rest??

The eagles could welcome some back to.. Mcerlain viani limbach to name a few ..
Wouldn’t say tulla are to old just Craigieburn were very fast.. Davies chircop and Boyall are stars Morrison was huge then throw in the class and experience of josh young
Still early days I’ll say tulla will bounce back..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very high quality game yesterday. Craigieburn always looked on top an deserved the win. New players Morrison, Davies, Boyall, Young were all very good. Adding them into that midfield with Gordon, Bongetti Chircop, Mcnicol makes them very potent. Young Middleton is a gun down back as is Fynch. Good all round performance by the eagles. Tulla will be fine a quality side still have them as a top 3 lock for sure.

What the??? CB to win by the length of the straight? Hahahahaha Based on them picking up 3-4 players. Seriously TULLA beat them 3 times this year and have also picked up Libba ,Bonnici , Dave Scott and probably Hare.
Tullamarine over rated got smashed by the mosie bragade to old to slow.
Ps no Limbach today
Suprised by the blow out score but Craigieburn are always hard to beat at home and the finals arn't played up at D S Aitken Reserve.
The big concern for Tulla would be the scores against they have conceded in the first two rounds. When was the last time Tulla had a big score like that kicked against them?

With the retirements of Laurie and Steele who were both 2 of the best defenders in the comp it is going to take time to replace that experience down back. I'm not ready to right-off Tulla yet, they'll bounce back.

Roxy played well for a half but when EK turned it on in the second half, geeeee they are a good side. Early crow I know, but they will win it...
Impressive by EK again but still not sure if they are a genuine contender and up their with Craigieburn or are flat track bullies.

Suprised by the blow out score but Craigieburn are always hard to beat at home and the finals arn't played up at D S Aitken Reserve.
The big concern for Tulla would be the scores against they have conceded in the first two rounds. When was the last time Tulla had a big score like that kicked against them?

With the retirements of Laurie and Steele who were both 2 of the best defenders in the comp it is going to take time to replace that experience down back. I'm not ready to right-off Tulla yet, they'll bounce back.

Impressive by EK again but still not sure if they are a genuine contender and up their with Craigieburn or are flat track bullies.

You can only play who is put in front of you. What they are doing is moving the ball really quickly and putting the foot on the throat.

ek not flat trackers . Out yesterday were Lyon and Nick Grobowski, the two best last week. Arrowsmith back in but didn't need to do too much at CHB.
Dion Hill was a monster and unstoppable close to goal and his 10 wont be his last big bag with the service he is getting from the onballers and half backs streaming through. Only going to get better when they play more together

ek not flat trackers . Out yesterday were Lyon and Nick Grobowski, the two best last week. Arrowsmith back in but didn't need to do too much at CHB.
Dion Hill was a monster and unstoppable close to goal and his 10 wont be his last big bag with the service he is getting from the onballers and half backs streaming through. Only going to get better when they play more together

Cmon mate EK haven’t played much thus far. Hill struggled last year against the better teams. Yes his a big unit and thus far has only dominated against weaker opposition. Would struggle at premier level and Lyons had retired so his also only there to help them as I can’t see him playing premier. Was enticed to EK by $$. But hey good on them his a fair player and good recruiting to get him on board.

Cmon mate EK haven’t played much thus far. Hill struggled last year against the better teams. Yes his a big unit and thus far has only dominated against weaker opposition. Would struggle at premier level and Lyons had retired so his also only there to help them as I can’t see him playing premier. Was enticed to EK by $$. But hey good on them his a fair player and good recruiting to get him on board.

Let’s leave our judgement on ek forwards until they play tulla or cb (Ben Fynch) best backman in the Comp.
You don’t win flags playing against Roxy..

Lyon a "fair player" ? He is a hell of a lot better than that. Did you see EK in Rd 1 when he played? I don't think so. And yes they have played weak opposition so far but the next few weeks after Easter will show they are going to be very hard to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very high quality game yesterday. Craigieburn always looked on top an deserved the win. New players Morrison, Davies, Boyall, Young were all very good. Adding them into that midfield with Gordon, Bongetti Chircop, Mcnicol makes them very potent. Young Middleton is a gun down back as is Fynch. Good all round performance by the eagles. Tulla will be fine a quality side still have them as a top 3 lock for sure.

Unfortunately couldn’t make it out to the game yesterday but from the result CB looks to be a genuine contender at this early stage. With those quality additions to their squad and their young, quick talent they are going to be tough to beat especially at home. Bellino looks to have stepped up in limbach’s absence with 5 goals.

Tulla will be looking to Dowsett to try and fill void of Laurie once he is available, bringing bonnici on board will also help.

How big will the EK hype get by the time they face CB or Tulla!!

Slow start to the season last year for hill due to an interrupted pre season. Mind you still came 5th in the comp medal and couldn’t kick straight. Bear in mind he’s only 23 and already played premier and vfl footy. You may be right, could struggle to play against the better teams, but might have to wait and see

Lyon a "fair player" ? He is a hell of a lot better than that. Did you see EK in Rd 1 when he played? I don't think so. And yes they have played weak opposition so far but the next few weeks after Easter will show they are going to be very hard to beat.

Let’s be honest they don’t play anyone till rd 6
I wouldn’t say they play a hard game after easter..
Rd6 v tulla is there 1st challenge unless hillside pull their finger out

At this stage I think the results show EK are at least worthy of top 3 discussions.

West Coburg bt Roxy 50 points, EK bt Roxy 200 points.

Westmeadows have had competive matches against WC and Tulla

Hillside a little unknown where they sit.

Let’s leave our judgement on ek forwards until they play tulla or cb (Ben Fynch) best backman in the Comp.
You don’t win flags playing against Roxy..

Fynch is close to best player in this division and clearly playing at a level below his ability. Great recruit and Most important player at CB I reckon. Sides can cover a forward or a mid but if was to go down (hopefully it doesn’t happen) then CB would be beatable. They are clear favourites!!

Let’s be honest they don’t play anyone till rd 6
I wouldn’t say they play a hard game after easter..
Rd6 v tulla is there 1st challenge unless hillside pull their finger out

EK don’t do the fixture they can only beat who’s put in front of them and they’ve done it convincingly. I mentioned a couple weeks back that hill was flying, a few on here scoffed . The kid is seriously talented and from what I hear enjoying his footy more than ever now.
This side have only played a handful of games together so I think they may even gel more....
chooka at his peak was a gun premier footballer. If he’s fit he’ll enjoy div 1 football...

It’s not going to get an easier for Roxy.. Maybe Oak Park might be a close one but it appears this early in they are going to cop some hidings. Yet to play Craigieburn and Tulla..
It’s never good to see one sided games especially after div1 has been reasonable competitive comp in recent seasons. Sunbury Kangaroos will win div2 and come up but interesting if the league decides to promote 2 teams up from div2 and relegate 1 team.

On another subject pal, why didn’t Roxy improve there list to be at least competitive and try and stay up. At this early point I can’t see them winning a game. It’s not an ideal situation..
I've said it here before...$$ make a big impact. Roxy would still have a lower budget than a good % of div 2. Tried very hard to get blokes over the line but these days money talks. The club tried very hard to get more sponsors and still are but when you're wedged between Greenvale and Craigieburn who are bigger, established clubs it's harder to get those sponsors. I'd love to know if you've got any ideas or a secret magic money tree

Just a thought..... maybe money?
I’d like to see the spending difference of EK compared to last year...
They certainly have recruited blokes who are good senior footballers!
100% the difference. It's easy to throw s**t at a club without knowing what they have available. Nobody wants to come up and get hammered but if you ain't got the money in this league it's always tough. Jacana had money and still didn't win one game

I've said it here before...$$ make a big impact. Roxy would still have a lower budget than a good % of div 2. Tried very hard to get blokes over the line but these days money talks. The club tried very hard to get more sponsors and still are but when you're wedged between Greenvale and Craigieburn who are bigger, established clubs it's harder to get those sponsors. I'd love to know if you've got any ideas or a secret magic money tree

Yes understand that money plays a big part but you also need to have a plan for that. Not sure going up and copping hidings is good for the club or the division. Jacana were reasonable competitive in division 1 but just lacked a bit of polish but they do it tougher than most in that area with no juniors..Can’t sustain that. Also they are now struggling after coming down from division1 after 1 season. So that’s my point it can put you back years if you don’t have a long term plan..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back