Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barmaid

Senior List
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
A united approach is what is required however I believe the EFL, EDFL and VAFA are the only leagues without AFL Vic influence within metropolitan football. NFL, WRFL. SFL, RDFL all have AFL Vic basically administrating their competitions.
Everyone employed in football, wants to end up at the Holy Grail. So no one will speak out or hold anyone to account. The AFL Vic (AFL ) is answerable to no one.

And now the person who did speak up now faces being sanctioned ( suspended )
Go figure

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The EDFL not acting on all these issues has got me thinking about umpiring standards in our seniors and juniors. And the decline in umpiring numbers each year.

Is this also partly due to the EDFL hierarchy. They should be supporting umpires and creating a more friendly atmosphere especially in junior ranks. Does the league do enough to enforce rules and guidelines to protect and assist umpires. Do they report, suspend, fine enough people who do the wrong thing.

Recently they introduced the rule about no officals are to speak to umpires. Has anyone been fined? Has anyone been suspended? If a runner talks to the umpire or a boundary is seen talking to umpires or talking to players suspend them full stop. Or any official. You put in the rules so uphold them.

How many club officials have spoken to parents about yelling abuse towards these often young umpires. Some clubs need to be accountable or suspend officals, fine clubs and if it continues just get rid of these clubs to improve our league and therefore have better educated, trained and protected umpires across the board.

EDFL stand up and protect your own..

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

I know Stax, but was it 67 posts? I must have been really annoyed then. 😄

You know another thing. It’s not just about EK but why hasn’t the league thought about the effect on the other clubs involved and why didn’t they meet with these clubs. These clubs also have volunteers who work hard to do the right things and they got 0 support from the league. Were basically told to suck it up or get legal representation and challenge it.

Oh is that post no68. 😡

Old3Forks

Senior List
Apr 12, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
There should be an EOGM called by the Presidents of the EDFL to vote no confidence in the current leadership of the league
They are a joke
At the end of the day these employees salaries are paid for by the clubs who pick and choose who they will and won’t penalise for breaking the rules
A Kangaroo court in its purist form and something that needs to be dealt with a higher level

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
There should be an EOGM called by the Presidents of the EDFL to vote no confidence in the current leadership of the league
They are a joke
At the end of the day these employees salaries are paid for by the clubs who pick and choose who they will and won’t penalise for breaking the rules
A Kangaroo court in its purist form and something that needs to be dealt with a higher level

Best response I've read on this whole issue.

The clubs have known about this for months, yet have sat on their hands and done nothing. Come on Turbo, here's your chance to do something other than type the same stuff over and over again.

Orbit

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2018
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
They are a joke

BANG goes Old3Forks, one or two minor issues you may cut them some flak. However after 6 months of hell, I would agree time to go

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Best response I've read on this whole issue.

The clubs have known about this for months, yet have sat on their hands and done nothing. Come on Turbo, here's your chance to do something other than type the same stuff over and over again.

I’m not president of any club mate.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

You don't need to be.

Have you written to the EDFL? What has your club done? Are they in contact with other clubs?

I keep up with the news in this league as much as any other, but apart from here and the news about the Tulla coach there seems to be very little else coming from those who have been most effected. Seems strange.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe not Turbo, but you’re not backward when it comes to circulating scuttlebutt about various issues and other clubs. Some of it can be factual and interesting. Unfortunately some of it can also be fictitious, harmful and bordering on malicious. All care no responsibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
You don't need to be.

Have you written to the EDFL? What has your club done? Are they in contact with other clubs?

I keep up with the news in this league as much as any other, but apart from here and the news about the Tulla coach there seems to be very little else coming from those who have been most effected. Seems strange.
Come on Turbo don't duck and dive. You must have influence at Hillside. What does their President and committee think of the current state of play? Or is the greater football community barking up the wrong tree?

As I mention a while back, clubs were not happy to playing against a team that had players listed which totalled above the max of 47 points. There was an email written to Mr Webb prior to the HS v EK game that there was a discrepancy in certain players points. Fact is Mr Webb choose to do nothing. That’s a fact.

Most of us can work out what a player is worth transferring from WRFL div1 into EDFL div1 by reading the guidelines. However apparently not every club has to follow it so it’s just a joke. Seriously!! That’s just 1 example.

Why am I going over old ground again just to answer you both.

It’s alleged 1 other club also emailed the league during this period of time. But got no response..

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
It's no use going to Webb. I know of a, complaint being raised by a club about a junior side playing kids down in a lower age group because the coach wanted to win a flag (came straight out of a kids mouth)

Complaint sent to the league.... the club laying the compliant was told they should have bought it up on the day. Isn't that the league responsibility to check? Can't they ask for birth certs ?

Funnily enough, that same club is now in a junior grand final... playing ineligible kids

Too hard basket is where that was filed . No response back to the club saying what had transpired. Head in the sand

The only way you can make change is, as a group. Easy just to brush off one complaint.

Joey Montoro

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The only way you can make change is, as a group. Easy just to brush off one complaint.

Agreed, but.........do all clubs see it the same way? Perhaps you don’t need all the clubs, but the EDFL tend to take more note of Premier Clubs, then again, some Premier clubs more than others. When this no longer exists then we might just get rules applied in a manner which fairly represents the interests of ALL the stakeholder clubs.

Orbit

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2018
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Agreed, but.........do all clubs see it the same way? Perhaps you don’t need all the clubs, but the EDFL tend to take more note of Premier Clubs, then again, some Premier clubs more than others. When this no longer exists then we might just get rules applied in a manner which fairly represents the interests of ALL the stakeholder clubs.
They will be taking notice of a Premier club within the next 48 hours.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I know that turbo leaches
Suppose they have to pay for the 22 medals they hand out to the kids

I agree Sandra. Charging for junior preliminary finals is a joke. Parents pay enough for registration, playing gear, umpire fees etc then get charged to get into preliminary finals.

Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree Sandra. Charging for junior preliminary finals is a joke. Parents pay enough for registration, playing gear, umpire fees etc then get charged to get into preliminary finals.
Don’t blame the league for all those fees. The clubs set the price for rego, umpires fees and the rest.
I do think it’s a bit unfair they are charging for prelim finals. But I guess they have to find money to play the 15+ staff in the office that do f@@@ all from Monday to Friday.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t blame the league for all those fees. The clubs set the price for rego, umpires fees and the rest.
I do think it’s a bit unfair they are charging for prelim finals. But I guess they have to find money to play the 15+ staff in the office that do f@@@ all from Monday to Friday.

Well technically your kind of right. But the league sets the umpires fees and what club affiliation fees are. I’m not actually complaining just don’t like the idea of hitting up junior parents for prelim finals. Some kids have family members and grandparents turn up to support them and I think it’s harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back