EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything on today’s game anyone ? Didn’t get to watch it but was keeping up with the live scores .
Good game
Tulla seemed the better team, westy fought back when the rain came then tulla put them to the sword and ran all over them. Pretty good win. Good season by westy would have liked to have church out there but I don’t think it would have mattered they seemed to be two or three players off the mark all year

Interesting to see if the wounded tulla come up next week

A strong win by CB and I agree with much said and have a lot of respect for Big Lance.
Anybody's game at 3/4 time but CB 's spread, willingness to run and ball use was far superior when it counted.
Their big boys were very influential all day too.

Deserved flag favourites now IMO and can sit back and watch the prelim enjoying every hit and bump. Well played.

EK now get to use the double chance it earned in what should be a cracker Saturday.
Will be plenty of feeling between these two Clubs that have a history that goes back decades.
Just hope the surface at Coburg is up to standard for such a game. Was told it is in poor condition?
And will the EDFL be charging $5.00 extra to sit in the decrepit old stand???? That was outrageous at Windy Hill!

Last edited:
Assuming there's a historical connections to utilising Windy Hill this time of year, but surely the toilets and a few little things could do with a tidy up?
Attended both games with my kids, both days me and the boys are standing in pi$$ when having a snakes, my little girl said the girls amenities were quite dirty too.
Happy to pay a quid to attend finals all around the state, but at some point surely some dough earnt can used to upgrade or re-invest on facilities?

Craigieburn were pretty impressive for me, and the Big Banger certainly identified the oppo players to sit on, and where his men were to channel the football at key times. Will need another plan in a fortnight but definitely have the cattle on every line to tweak it.

For me I see Caluzzi being a real thorn in Tulla's side up and down wing, and I can't see EK have as many in close at stoppage as Westy did in the second half yesty.
Certainly played into Tulla's hands at times how they set up, waited on the outside and won the ball back. Made sense when the heavy stuff fell, that surge forward/re-start style but when the rain went and it was time to shift the ball again Westy continued to bomb straight and were very easy to defend.

Last edited:

A strong win by CB and I agree with much said and have a lot of respect for Big Lance.
Anybody's game at 3/4 time but CB 's spread, willingness to run and ball use was far superior when it counted.
Their big boys were very influential all day too.

Deserved flag favourites now IMO and can sit back and watch the prelim enjoying every hit and bump. Well played.

EK now get to use the double chance it earned in what should be a cracker Saturday.
Will be plenty of feeling between these two Clubs that have a history that goes back decades.
Just hope the surface at Coburg is up to standard for such a game. Was told it is in poor condition?
And will the EDFL be charging $5.00 extra to sit in the decrepit old stand???? That was outrageous at Windy Hill!
Council are developing a master plan for windy hill so I’m sure the toilet facilities will be upgraded in that plan. Because the facilities is controlled by Essendon Football Club it’s up to them to put the money in to fix the facilities. But with that lease about to expire the council will take over the precinct which I hope will see some much needed funds spent in upgrades.

Council are developing a master plan for windy hill so I’m sure the toilet facilities will be upgraded in that plan. Because the facilities is controlled by Essendon Football Club it’s up to them to put the money in to fix the facilities. But with that lease about to expire the council will take over the precinct which I hope will see some much needed funds spent in upgrades.

Some sheltered areas around the oval too? How often is there no atmosphere at Windy Hill on a crappy day simply because all the crowd hop up under cover and are quite removed from the usual feel of what local footy is.

Assuming there's a historical connections to utilising Windy Hill this time of year, but surely the toilets and a few little things could do with a tidy up?
Attended both games with my kids, both days me and the boys are standing in pi$$ when having a snakes, my little girl said the girls amenities were quite dirty too.
Happy to pay a quid to attend finals all around the state, but at some point surely some dough earnt can used to upgrade or re-invest on facilities?

Craigieburn were pretty impressive for me, and the Big Banger certainly identified the oppo players to sit on, and where his men were to channel the football at key times. Will need another plan in a fortnight but definitely have the cattle on every line to tweak it.

For me I see Caluzzi being a real thorn in Tulla's side up and down wing, and I can't see EK have as many in close at stoppage as Westy did in the second half yesty.
Certainly played into Tulla's hands at times how they set up, waited on the outside and won the ball back. Made sense when the heavy stuff fell, that surge forward/re-start stuff but when the rain went and it was time to shift the ball a bit Westy continued to bomb straight and were very easy to defend.

Doona, for a big metro league the facilities are a disgrace. There were portable toilets over near the food trucks but surely something temporary can be done otherwise take the kids into the social club bar. Imagine taking real young kids or babies there. It’s horrendous.

Certainly played into Tulla's hands at times how they set up, waited on the outside and won the ball back. Made sense when the heavy stuff fell, that surge forward/re-start style but when the rain went and it was time to shift the ball again Westy continued to bomb straight and were very easy to defend.
Crazyburn played @ 31/47 points, EK @ 47/47 points..

Crazyburn played @ 31/47 points, EK @ 47/47 points..
that doesn’t necessarily mean that if you have more points you have a better team .. ie Taylor lakes and Avondale. Obviously Craigieburn have had a better crop of players they’ve developed. We had 17 under 19s come up last season with not a lot ready for senior footy yet , we’ve had to bring in players . Lost a few at the end of last season where we finished 2nd last to seasons in row . Whilst we still have a lot of 1pt locals some are still young and needed experience around them . It might or might not be our year this year but the future looks a better than it did 2 years ago . At least it’s easier to attract better players when you’re a team that finishes towards the top of the ladder like CB and Tulla have over the last few years .

Doona, for a big metro league the facilities are a disgrace. There were portable toilets over near the food trucks but surely something temporary can be done otherwise take the kids into the social club bar. Imagine taking real young kids or babies there. It’s horrendous.

I'll take that onboard, although waiting on my own weekends schedule to see if/where I can get my local footy fix at.

Some sheltered areas around the oval too? How often is there no atmosphere at Windy Hill on a crappy day simply because all the crowd hop up under cover and are quite removed from the usual feel of what local footy is.

Could be worse mate. Football Geelong thinks it’s a brilliant idea to host GFL finals at Kardinia Park and only have one side of the ground open. 5000 people in a 35,000 stadium talk about killing the atmosphere! Most people down here prefer to go to the Bellerine grand final even if they don’t follow the league

that doesn’t necessarily mean that if you have more points you have a better team .. ie Taylor lakes and Avondale. Obviously Craigieburn have had a better crop of players they’ve developed. We had 17 under 19s come up last season with not a lot ready for senior footy yet , we’ve had to bring in players . Lost a few at the end of last season where we finished 2nd last to seasons in row . Whilst we still have a lot of 1pt locals some are still young and needed experience around them . It might or might not be our year this year but the future looks a better than it did 2 years ago . At least it’s easier to attract better players when you’re a team that finishes towards the top of the ladder like CB and Tulla have over the last few years .
Where did I say you are a better team Nuffie?
The point is Crazyburn is the best equipped Club to go up to Premier by a country mile , next is Hillside and they didn't make the finals!

Could be worse mate. Football Geelong thinks it’s a brilliant idea to host GFL finals at Kardinia Park and only have one side of the ground open. 5000 people in a 35,000 stadium talk about killing the atmosphere! Most people down here prefer to go to the Bellerine grand final even if they don’t follow the league
Yeh I've been to that one before, agree ... all nice to have these facilities available but the aesthetics and general "feel" need to be considered.
Atmoshpere makes or breaks local footy finals I reckon.

Let's not sugar coat it , you are paying the grobba boys way overs , plus a few others which is fine as that's the only way they will play at EK and you finished on top and have every chance of making a GF, so well done. But what you are doing will not hold up in Premier and if you do happen to win it you will be an embarrassment to the League next season as you will get a torn a new one every week. How Crazyburn and Windside are positioned is the way to go.
Yes the future does look better than 2 years ago , but only if you stay in B Grade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did I say you are a better team Nuffie?
The point is Crazyburn is the best equipped Club to go up to Premier by a country mile , next is Hillside and they didn't make the finals!
You are spot on Bangfrom50 that Craigieburn are best equiped to go up to Premier by a mile - and so they should be based simply on the fact of the size of Craigieburn as an area and the support of the Sports Club.

Let's not sugar coat it , you are paying the grobba boys way overs , plus a few others which is fine as that's the only way they will play at EK and you finished on top and have every chance of making a GF, so well done. But what you are doing will not hold up in Premier and if you do happen to win it you will be an embarrassment to the League next season as you will get a torn a new one every week. How Crazyburn and Windside are positioned is the way to go.
Yes the future does look better than 2 years ago , but only if you stay in B Grade
How the fk do you know if we’re well equipped if we went to premier? You’re just assuming , you know fk all about our club what’s going on behind the scenes . Craigieburn have gone up before as have airport west , and where is Hillside at the moment what makes them more likely to be competitive .You’re assumptions are baseless. Our 3rds won a flag our 2s are in the grand final with those teams full of great 19 year olds .

I think what they mean is you won't be competitive in premier with the side you have which is already at 47 points. Need the juniors in now to be ready to compete up there. CB can recruit a few players because they have the points room to do so which will make them stronger again
How the fk do you know if we’re well equipped if we went to premier? You’re just assuming , you know fk all about our club what’s going on behind the scenes . Craigieburn have gone up before as have airport west , and where is Hillside at the moment what makes them more likely to be competitive .You’re assumptions are baseless. Our 3rds won a flag our 2s are in the grand final with those teams full of great 19 year olds .

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh I've been to that one before, agree ... all nice to have these facilities available but the aesthetics and general "feel" need to be considered.
Atmoshpere makes or breaks local footy finals I reckon.
I agree, have watched the GFL granny a couple times now and the atmosphere is terrible. I would rather see a final played at a good local ground if it has a great atmosphere. I do think the atmosphere at windy hill is great though, when the grandstands are full and the far end grass areas are loaded on the grand final days it’s great. Yes maybe some shelter down those areas would help for when it’s raining and the toilet facilities definitely need improvement.

If it’s straight sets then is it a massive fail for the season then?
Just asking for a mate

If it’s straight sets then is it a massive fail for the season then?
Just asking for a mate
not for me ... only to 6 wins in the last 2 seasons, already a successful year no matter what in so many ways . Of course I want us to win this years flag and are capable but so are TULLA AND CB . . we have to play our best footy almost perfect to beat them , but so do they .

Turbo - any news on the Hillside coaching job, also hearing a big name player departing.

Name this player. Would be good to have some news as it’s not a rumour is it. Put it out there.. EK confidant that they were going to go up to premier so could this player now turn back up the Calder if they stay in div1.

Think Tulla will get EK this week. Just my opinion. Either way EK’s only real chance to beat CB is for Lyons to play in the midfield as CB bit to physically strong on the inside in Sept finals footy.

I’m hearing it will be a big name when they announce a coach and stay tuned for some big recruits to head to Hillside to blend in with the young brigade. Sometimes you need to have a quite year to rebound hard. Club set up well and in good hands to push forward.

not for me ... only to 6 wins in the last 2 seasons, already a successful year no matter what in so many ways . Of course I want us to win this years flag and are capable but so are TULLA AND CB . . we have to play our best footy almost perfect to beat them , but so do they .

But they have spent up big to achieve the extra wins amongst other things.

Josh Grabowski is a jet but hope they are both not on equal $$. Heard both on very good $$.

Name this player. Would be good to have some news as it’s not a rumour is it. Put it out there.. EK confidant that they were going to go up to premier so could this player now turn back up the Calder if they stay in div1.

Think Tulla will get EK this week. Just my opinion. Either way EK’s only real chance to beat CB is for Lyons to play in the midfield as CB bit to physically strong on the inside in Sept finals footy.

I’m hearing it will be a big name when they announce a coach and stay tuned for some big recruits to head to Hillside to blend in with the young brigade. Sometimes you need to have a quite year to rebound hard. Club set up well and in good hands to push forward.
Turbo do you have info that this player from Hillside would be coming to EK? Agree Tulla would have to start the game warm favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back