EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think big lances issues is how he gets Davis and Bongetti in to the side.

Always tough but the best coaches make strong decisions which I’m sure lance will do. On the flip side it can create a bit of unrest in the days leading up and into next season. Unfortunately no one likes to miss grand finals unless they are fringe player and have been kept in the loop.

Craigieburn by 40-50 points I think.

Always tough but the best coaches make strong decisions which I’m sure lance will do. On the flip side it can create a bit of unrest in the days leading up and into next season. Unfortunately no one likes to miss grand finals unless they are fringe

player and have been kept in the loop.

Craigieburn by 40-50 points I think.

Turbo r u going to the game.

Very disappointing result for Tulla on the weekend and it looked like the wheels fell off in the second half of the year.

Tulla's never been a high scoring team but that was also built around a strong defense that didn't concede goals easily either. You're not going to win too many finals if you only kick 9 goals and also let the opposition have 25 scoring shots. Too many times on the weekend EK managed to take contested marks in their forward half and / or bring the ball down to a dangerous position and have a shot on goal from it.

Young Matson and Hardman were good rebounding defenders for Tulla but Dion Hill looked dangerous up forward and had the better of 48 a number of times and King was able to float fwd and take marks in EK fwd line too easily.

Arrowsmith absolutely dominated and controlled the EK half back line superbly, and think this week Whitnall and Craigieburn will have a better solution in stopping Arrowsmith's influence.

Should be a good grand final this week and I am tipping Craigieburn in a close one. Craigieburn by 15 points.
JDequed you’re right Tullas defence has always traditionally been rock solid and the club came into the game confident of a good result. The reality was EK came ready to play from the bounce whilst Tulla were flat footed. We lifted after half time and I thought after Hardman goaled late that we were on track for a hard fought win. But it didn’t pan out that way.

In regard to the backline, we did lose Russ Laurie and Steele this year, with Laurie playing a significant lock down role on the oppositions biggest key forward and Steele providing great onfield leadership. There is still quality in the backline and moving forward for Tulla to improve their personnel I think we need more outside running players to break the lines.
I actually thought Bennett’s game was quite serviceable too.

Arrowsmith had a heap of it especially early. He started on ball then went to the half back line after the bounce - which helped negate the tag early.

Last edited:
Anyone know if EK are getting back their 6-8 players and Craigieburn getting back Bongetti and Davies? I hope both sides are at full strength will be a great game for the mutual supporters.

Anyone know if EK are getting back their 6-8 players and Craigieburn getting back Bongetti and Davies? I hope both sides are at full strength will be a great game for the mutual supporters.
I'm told Team announced before training on Tuesday night 4 changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best for Ben Calluzzi in the GF. He played in 3 grand finals with Douttas U16s for two wins. He knows what to expect and he's my pick for the BOG medal. Good luck to both teams.

All the best for Ben Calluzzi in the GF. He played in 3 grand finals with Douttas U16s for two wins. He knows what to expect and he's my pick for the BOG medal. Good luck to both teams.

Simmsy, if EK happened to win it will he play premier league? And if so will he stay at EK or head back to Douttas?

Rumours on the WRFL thread that Deer Parks Chris Stewart (5 points I think with B&F included) and Kevin Klix (4 points) are off to EK next season. If this is true surely the salary cap will be questioned as well as how they fit these players in on points along with Coletta (4 points).

Big Stewart won’t go to EK for less 35-40k a season. Klix will be on 1000+ plus factor in Coletta who also going for good $$.

Just rumours I guess!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back