EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craigieburn far too good today, their quick brigade ran riot, too many of them to stop, I got tired watching them!
Big billy was very good but I thought vilinskis and browning were close to best on. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think both are 1 pointers still in their teens.
Great position for CB to be in moving forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Craigieburn far too good today, their quick brigade ran riot, too many of them to stop, I got tired watching them!
Big billy was very good but I thought vilinskis and browning were close to best on. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think both are 1 pointers still in their teens.
Great position for CB to be in moving forward.

Yes, how was that goal of Vilinskis in the 3rd quarter? Intercepted the ball on the HB flank, 3 bounces, and slotted it from 45 metres. So quick.

Not standing by the time keepers box waiting to post today ?
same thing happen 2 weeks ago only this week c/burn done it for 4 qtrs

good effort by ek though 3 years ago in div 2 now competing in a gf trying to get into premier

yes money spent yes recruiting but if you can do it and spend it why not.

Standing by time keepers box? That wasn’t me.. but in all seriousness Cburn were too good. Well deserved win

Yes, how was that goal of Vilinskis in the 3rd quarter? Intercepted the ball on the HB flank, 3 bounces, and slotted it from 45 metres. So quick.
Ah yes that was the goal I was talking about I confused him with another player. Ripper goal, and the play was identical to the way Cragieburn were able to move the ball so well through the lines directly, seemed to catch EK on the back foot.

When most of this money is paid in lump sums under the table cash, this is DP all over again. Heard that the Coletta deal was 15K sign on under the table to not show in the cap and 1K per game. 30 odd K for a player that’s hardly played a game in 3 seasons? 🤔
Do your research before you comment....

Congratulations Craigeburn and big Lance, Too good today and I have no doubt you will be competitive in Premier next year.
Well played and I hope we might join you there in 2021.

As for EK and all our supporters, we are hurting but we are so proud of our boys year and we certainly added plenty of spice to the division, but not our day today.
Thanks boys for a ripper season .

Last edited:
Not sure what everyone’s problem is with Ek, but it just wasn’t their day yesterday. It was a great year but unfortunately we didn’t get the chocolates. We’ll come back next year and try again but it was cragieburns year this year and they were way too quick for us so congratulations to them. From where ek have come from in the past few years you can’t help but respect them, and i’m not sure that making a grand final but losing makes them a shit club. The 3s celebrated but didn’t go over the top as they chose to wait for the whole clubs season to end as they train together and the sides have been chopping and changing all year. So i’m not sure waiting to celebrate a fairly successful season with your team mates is all that bad nor makes you cocky, Win lose or draw you still celebrate the year!

Well done Craigieburn. To fast and more polished than our lads today .
Agree congrats to Craigieburn. Too fast too strong. Played the game in good spirit and they deserve a spot in Premier. EK had a great year and it’s been a great ride from Div 2 to now a more than competitive Div 1 side from a supporters perspective. Full marks to our President for what he has done for this club .

Not sure what everyone’s problem is with Ek, but it just wasn’t their day yesterday. It was a great year but unfortunately we didn’t get the chocolates. We’ll come back next year and try again but it was cragieburns year this year and they were way too quick for us so congratulations to them. From where ek have come from in the past few years you can’t help but respect them, and i’m not sure that making a grand final but losing makes them a s**t club. The 3s celebrated but didn’t go over the top as they chose to wait for the whole clubs season to end as they train together and the sides have been chopping and changing all year. So i’m not sure waiting to celebrate a fairly successful season with your team mates is all that bad nor makes you cocky, Win lose or draw you still celebrate the year!

I think why people have criticised EK is due to them spending big money and talking themselves up as the real deal. They completely fell over when it mattered and didn’t give a yelp yesterday and it was an ordinary GF to be honest. There recruits were found out on the big stage. Craigieburn to strong at the contest and EK seem to like the ball only when in space. They lack a another key forward and a ruckman. EK already spending more money on next season. Not sure you can be successful using this method.
Will Pat survive the review process? Personally think a good coach should be any clubs no1 priority and that’s the best model to use. Nothing against Pat as his bringing the players, however not sure it’s a successful model to use. Spend your extra $$ on a renown coach and then success will follow..

Also EK reserves lost and I heard some of EK reserves players were being paid. Well that’s another big problem. Watched this game and another case of EK players not standing up in big moments and putting there bodies on the line. Hillside were a lot stronger around the contest and exploited EK for pace in the last half. A few EK players very chatty on the ground but when it came time to put there body on the line in the last half they took short steps to avoid contact. Some players didn’t enjoy losing either and then tried to fight in the last few minutes. Very disappointing to see players come from behind and run in yet when they needed to stand up and take a bump or tackle they went missing. Blue card issued early to a player and then in the last melee a red card was issued. Both times EK undisciplined. But overall it was a better game to watch than the senior game and was alive in the last when the senior game was over before 1/2 time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puerile and s**t post. Must take a special type of person to gloat at someone else’s misfortune. EK tried valiantly, but Craigieburn far too good. Just too slick and fast, and also dominated the air with Fynch, Morrison and Piggott. If Craigieburn can keep their team together and recruit wisely they will do well in Premier division.

As for EK, if they are to take the next step, they need a dominant ruckman and some big guys who can take a mark, but also players with pace who can break the lines. They can be justifiably proud of their achievement in making the GF, considering where they have come from. Great day for football. I thought the umpires did a fabulous job.
Good post👍

Congrats Craigieburn well coached far too good, inside and outside the contest. Vilinski, Boyall, Viani, Gordon, Chircop run rings around EK.

Morrison monstered EK in the ruck.

Umpires didn’t notice them so means they did a great job

Ek had some high profile players who didn’t perform.

Ek game plan there isn’t one. No zone on opposition kick outs, allergic to playing the corridor.

Craigieburn just walked the ball out of defence.

So many times EK chose to kick to contests when they had loose players.

I think why people have criticised EK is due to them spending big money and talking themselves up as the real deal. They completely fell over when it mattered and didn’t give a yelp yesterday and it was an ordinary GF to be honest. There recruits were found out on the big stage. Craigieburn to strong at the contest and EK seem to like the ball only when in space. They lack a another key forward and a ruckman. EK already spending more money on next season. Not sure you can be successful using this method.
Will Pat survive the review process? Personally think a good coach should be any clubs no1 priority and that’s the best model to use. Nothing against Pat as his bringing the players, however not sure it’s a successful model to use. Spend your extra $$ on a renown coach and then success will follow..

Also EK reserves lost and I heard some of EK reserves players were being paid. Well that’s another big problem. Watched this game and another case of EK players not standing up in big moments and putting there bodies on the line. Hillside were a lot stronger around the contest and exploited EK for pace in the last half. A few EK players very chatty on the ground but when it came time to put there body on the line in the last half they took short steps to avoid contact. Some players didn’t enjoy losing either and then tried to fight in the last few minutes. Very disappointing to see players come from behind and run in yet when they needed to stand up and take a bump or tackle they went missing. Blue card issued early to a player and then in the last melee a red card was issued. Both times EK undisciplined. But overall it was a better game to watch than the senior game and was alive in the last when the senior game was over before 1/2 time.
so if you don’t win the grand final you’re not the real deal ?? The fact of the matter both reserves and seniors just weren’t good enough on the big stage both sides out played by better teams,get you’re one eyed glasses off yes there was some dumb hits and bad discipline in the ressies but seen a few from the hillside boys that might see them miss a few weeks next season. . So why don’t you just f...k off for a while . Start preparing your pre season for all the new material you can come up with in potting EK for 2020. POS.

Good post👍

Congrats Craigieburn well coached far too good, inside and outside the contest. Vilinski, Boyall, Viani, Gordon, Chircop run rings around EK.

Morrison monstered EK in the ruck.

Umpires didn’t notice them so means they did a great job

Ek had some high profile players who didn’t perform.

Ek game plan there isn’t one. No zone on opposition kick outs, allergic to playing the corridor.

Craigieburn just walked the ball out of defence.

So many times EK chose to kick to contests when they had loose players.

I agree TD. Craigieburn seemed to bring the ball out of defence with ease and little pressure from EK. Is it the case of EK game plan to kick it to certain players instead of first best option?? #11 from EK very unhappy on the bench area at 1 stage. Hands out and wanting answers.
How good is Craigieburns #20. Killed it. Chircop very dangerous up forward. Browning all class off half back. #10 doing a good job annoying N.Grabowski. #11 Macca was good early on the inside and goes in hard but fair. Crash and Bash type player. #22 Piggot also played his role off half back and like the physical stuff.

For EK Arrow gave his all. He seemed the only one off half back willing (or allowed) to run and carry. Got caught once but he was good. Will he go around again?? Why did EK put King to full back. Surely that’s not Kings best position. Once he went to ground Craigieburn were all over it and outnumbered the contest close to goal. Lyons was unusually quite as was J.Grabowski. #22 Langwell was ok for EK and I thought big Dion had a crack up forward but no quick forwards to compete for the spilled ball..

so if you don’t win the grand final you’re not the real deal ?? The fact of the matter both reserves and seniors just weren’t good enough on the big stage both sides out played by better teams,get you’re one eyed glasses off yes there was some dumb hits and bad discipline in the ressies but seen a few from the hillside boys that might see them miss a few weeks next season. . So why don’t you just f...k off for a while . Start preparing your pre season for all the new material you can come up with in potting EK for 2020. POS.

No worries buddy. I forgot to ask you a question.
In the Reserve game last quarter. EK about 15 points down with about 6 minutes to go and the coach has 7 defenders. Why try and defend the game when you need 3 goals to win. Hillside just kept rebounding it with extra defenders just repelling all the EK forward entries. They could get any shots within 30 metres. Yes I understand it’s reserves Footy and coaches are volunteers but you need to be smarter than that..IMO the pressure got to them once Hillside started coming in the last.

Catch up next season.

I agree TD. Craigieburn seemed to bring the ball out of defence with ease and little pressure from EK. Is it the case of EK game plan to kick it to certain players instead of first best option?? #11 from EK very unhappy on the bench area at 1 stage. Hands out and wanting answers.
How good is Craigieburns #20. Killed it. Chircop very dangerous up forward. Browning all class off half back. #10 doing a good job annoying N.Grabowski. #11 Macca was good early on the inside and goes in hard but fair. Crash and Bash type player. #22 Piggot also played his role off half back and like the physical stuff.

For EK Arrow gave his all. He seemed the only one off half back willing (or allowed) to run and carry. Got caught once but he was good. Will he go around again?? Why did EK put King to full back. Surely that’s not Kings best position. Once he went to ground Craigieburn were all over it and outnumbered the contest close to goal. Lyons was unusually quite as was J.Grabowski. #22 Langwell was ok for EK and I thought big Dion had a crack up forward but no quick forwards to compete for the spilled ball..
Very easy in hindsight to say why did they do this didn’t do that.

Biggest factor in the game was Morrison, if the rucks change teams the match is closer. King did really well against him in R18, maybe should’ve not picked Carey.

I’m not sure how you could not have a zone defence on kick outs, another reason why the CB runners run amok.

Ek did kick to Hill too much.

Lyons shouldn’t have played but we’re there better options in reserves?

I’m not surprised Vilinskis did so well, EK must have had 12 players play wing at various stages.

Arrowsmith, Caluzzi, Kennedy were very good.

Palazzolo, Barrett, Pettigrove, Grampsas played 1 good qtr each.

Game played in great spirits, hard and fair.

I hope Craigieburn can do well in Premier.

I think you need to understand the point of the arrogance shown by Pat, have you spoken to him ? I have, there have been alot of non supporters going down to watch EK play, myself included numerous times. It attracts people to the club, the club generate money, something that may be tough to do next year without clubrooms. Craigieburn at the moment were best equipped to go up to premier comp, solid junior program, some young guns running around in the 1s and some more talent moving to the senior group next year. EK have laid their foundation and will learn and build from this. Well done to Craigieburn for the show they put on and well done to EK for getting there.

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They will be much better this time around than 2017, they recruited players back to the club this season now they can fill holes with recruits, keep in mind that they lost a third of their 2016 premiership players as soon as they went up. Hard to measure if they will stay up without knowing what other clubs are doing, I believe Avondale will struggle as they were playing games around the 47 point mark so not much room for recruits.
Eagles have room for 4 four pointers if they get the right players will this be enough to keep them in premier?

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back