EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Roxy is now full of Iraqi and Syrian refugees who don't play footy. I've had this argument here before look at how big Roxy United Soccer Club has become in 3 years.... It's ridiculous. From what I'm told the area used to be zoned to Essendon to come and do school and footy club appearances but the Bombers weren't interested. AFLVic did nothing to get them to come to the area. All of a sudden North Melbourne started coming into schools and to the footy club. But then I'm told Essendon cracked it and told the AFL to get them out. So North got kicked out and Essendon still refuses to do anything other than support the Hume Bombers because of the Indian connection. Don't get me started on the joke that is the Hume Bombers...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
What’s wrong with the Hume bombers haha

Don't you love it Burner when people who don't live in the area continually tell you that you're wrong?

That maybe true regarding different nationalities living out there but it’s still a decent sized area with young families as opposed to a lot of others clubs. A few new estates as well. So overall they have a bigger area/zone. Same as Roxy I guess and with Jacana struggling you might get further into broady..Both clubs have new rooms if I’m correct so just need to drag them in..
Anyway we have different opinions I guess.

All clubs can stand to be better at winning the hearts & minds of their local kids,
There are some club's blessed to be wedged between powerful footballing schools while others are located in areas with less ideal footballing demographics be it due to age or ethnicity, s**t happens - all we can do is put our best foot forward.
Using my own club as an example, we've placed an emphasis on creating a pathway from our junior arm to our senior side that has so far produced promising results with regard player retention - similarly, from afar I've been impressed with the efforts of Strathmore to blood their juniors in the senior side when there would have been temptation to throw cash at AFL/VFL recruits which should see them well placed for success in coming years.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All clubs can stand to be better at winning the hearts & minds of their local kids,
There are some club's blessed to be wedged between powerful footballing schools while others are located in areas with less ideal footballing demographics be it due to age or ethnicity, s**t happens - all we can do is put our best foot forward.
Using my own club as an example, we've placed an emphasis on creating a pathway from our junior arm to our senior side that has so far produced promising results with regard player retention - similarly, from afar I've been impressed with the efforts of Strathmore to blood their juniors in the senior side when there would have been temptation to throw cash at AFL/VFL recruits which should see them well placed for success in coming years.

Are we talking about larger catchment areas or clubs with money. Strathmore house prices are double that of houses in Roxy or Craigieburn so they are blessed to have more high rollers and bigger sponsors.

Are we talking about larger catchment areas or clubs with money. Strathmore house prices are double that of houses in Roxy or Craigieburn so they are blessed to have more high rollers and bigger sponsors.
Neither, I was speaking to clubs across the entire spectrum and about making a real effort to build not only their junior arm but a valid pathway from junior to senior footy regardless of any perceived obstacles.

Fwiw -Median house prices:
Ballarat North $395,000
Roxburgh Park $532,000
Pascoe Vale $810,000
Strathmore $1,250,000

Which (to me at least) indicates that $$ has little relevance.

Neither, I was speaking to clubs across the entire spectrum and about making a real effort to build not only their junior arm but a valid pathway from junior to senior footy regardless of any perceived obstacles.

Fwiw -Median house prices:
Ballarat North $395,000
Roxburgh Park $532,000
Pascoe Vale $810,000
Strathmore $1,250,000

Which (to me at least) indicates that $$ has little relevance.

It has huge relevance.

Let’s use an example:
Social club memberships where you get merchandise and 1/2 time drinks and nibbles. Craigieburn/Roxburgh Park/ Glenroy, Burnside etc Cost 250-300
Strathmore, Keilor, Abers etc 500-600

So my point is these clubs make more money to be put back in junior programs and being successful at senior level. It’s easy to get money from richer homeowners that those average homeowners.

Yes some clubs have bigger zones but think it’s still going to be impossible to overtake these power clubs. But these clubs can draw kids if they are willing to work hard but that takes volunteers to work bloody hard.

Hearing a club in the north will be charging $900 per senior membership for 2020
Maybe a strategy to get back some of the overs they are offering players to come there currently?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sure that will include entry to all club functions. Still expensive but they might do a Mid Year Ball and or a Golf Day worth $150-200 each

51 goals in 2017 is a pretty good effort and outlines his potential. He plays more CHF but can roll through the goal square at times. Has a good jump & leap and moves well. But agree his last couple of years his had injuries
Potential is nowhere near being worth a $15k sign on though. My guess would be this is a number he is trying to throw around to get clubs offering overs but you'd be very silly to even think of offering even half of that.

Has averaged 11 games a season past 5 years so you're paying about $1,350 a game for sign on and then also paying per game as well? Haha no chance.

Take that 15k + game fees and go to some VFL pre-season training and pull 3-4 kids a side and offer them the $5k each to play with you.

We are talking about B grade footy and Colletta is a serviceable player at this level but far from an absolute superstar that will win you games by himself.

Div 1 done and dusted for 2019 now
A lot of talk already who is moving where ( player Movements )
who will post on socials 1st and start the ball rolling ?
Couple of clubs with still no coach for 2019
Hillside ( re advertised )
Airport West

Roxy look to have locked in a pretty damn good reserves coach for next year. Yo be announced officially in the next few days

Cometh the man, cometh the hour....
Airport West

Airport West
Isn’t micallef going with Coletta to EK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Airport West
Whisper is the Moonee Valley Coach to return to APW at players request, anyone else heard that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back