EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WM signing big Ferris is an interesting one.. the body hasn’t held up too well the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the silence out of Sunbury , WC , West meadows is deafening

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago that Sunbury were gonna get some players from Rupo. Doesn’t seem to be happening as Rupo look like they have kept there list together.

WM signing big Ferris is an interesting one.. the body hasn’t held up too well the past few years.

Westy must be announcing reserves or thirds signings ? Surely would be playing senior footy

Ferras Merhi, played a lot of footy (Haddy,thommo, roxy, CD, etc) and don’t get me wrong on his prime a gun big man. Who has won a couple flags, but he’d have to be 35ish now.

Who knows he might still go ok. Paul scanlon will
Absolutely dominate that EK signed and he’s 42.

Hopefully Ferris still has a few years in him, what position does he play ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to the article - They picked up Marc Lock (Ex VFA/box Hill/ 1 game Gold Coast), Victor Micallef (Capt of Hillside) who apparently approached EK, Brandon Colletta ( Hillside Forward),Tim Atkins ( Greensborough / Whittlsea), Paul Scanlon & Tim Bongetti ( Frankston Pines), Kevin Klix ( Deer Park) & Micky Nicholls ( VAFA Old Geelong) - UNBELIEVABLE GETS on top of the group from last year. Some great leadership & Experience there....
Scanlon must early 40's ... Wonder if Bongetti is as ill-disciplined as he was when playing at Seymour.

Who knows he might still go ok. Paul scanlon will
Absolutely dominate that EK signed and he’s 42.

Hopefully Ferris still has a few years in him, what position does he play ?

Chalk and cheese mate.

And that’s not having a dip at Ferras I’ve played with and against him.
I just thought Westy wold be goin down a different avenue recruiting a ruckman.
Scanlon would be one of the fittest blokes gettin around.
Ferras is a old school ruckman who gets around the ground and can take a grab.
His last few years have been injury interrupted.
Uptherox would know abit about him he played in roxys premiership.

Step in the wrong direction for westy if they think he’s the answer to their ruck problems, if he’s there to play 2s then great get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ferris still goes alright except for the fact he will struggle to train due to work and will pick up injuries due to that and his age, but is a smart big man and can take a grab.
Hearing Hillside and Lakes have both picked up a star each. Not talking about Trembearth or Rose either.
Will let them name the two when they are ready to, unlike EK most clubs keeping their recruiting in house which is the smart move.

Ferris still goes alright except for the fact he will struggle to train due to work and will pick up injuries due to that and his age, but is a smart big man and can take a grab.
Hearing Hillside and Lakes have both picked up a star each. Not talking about Trembearth or Rose either.
Will let them name the two when they are ready to, unlike EK most clubs keeping their recruiting in house which is the smart move.

TL with another recruit.... Scott Harding - Ex Brisbane/Port Adelaide player ! Went overseas and played NFL for a while as well

Last edited:

Smart move ? Lol will find them all out in 2 weeks when trade period opens

Not a whole lot of news around the div
Rose will be huge for TL
Feris an interesting pick for Westy and leaves Roxy without a ruck

Not a whole lot of news around the div
Rose will be huge for TL
Feris an interesting pick for Westy and leaves Roxy without a ruck

young Ryan Micallef rucked for Roxy this year. The kid is only 21 and blossomed when Ferris injured his knee in the early rounds. Came third in their b&f.

Scanlon must early 40's ... Wonder if Bongetti is as ill-disciplined as he was when playing at Seymour.
Yep. Scanlon won a league B&F at 39 in 2017. Went back to back in 2018.
Only played 10 games this year after breaking his leg I'm pretty sure. He's the poster child for "big bodied mid." Absolute rig.
As for Bongetti, he gives as good as he gets but haven't seen any ill-disciplined stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back