EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Scanlon won a league B&F at 39 in 2017. Only played 10 games this year after breaking his leg I'm pretty sure. He's the poster child for "big bodied mid." Absolute rig.
As for Bongetti, he gives as good as he gets but haven't seen any ill-disciplined stuff.
Yep Scanlon was part of dominant Seymour team where they won three 2005-2007 and lost '08 in the GVFL. He was a hard running wiry type at that point. Absolute gun though. Returned to Seymour in about 2015 and looked like the Hulk! Bongetti came with him. Saad Saad might have returned also. Bongetti could play but watched him absolutely lose his senses against my boys both times they played. Reported. Multiple 50's. Sent off. Seymour lose. The thing I noticed was how ill-disciplined he could be. Might have been having a bad day!

Yep Scanlon was part of dominant Seymour team where they won three 2005-2007 and lost '08 in the GVFL. He was a hard running wiry type at that point. Absolute gun though. Returned to Seymour in about 2015 and looked like the Hulk! Bongetti came with him. Saad Saad might have returned also. Bongetti could play but watched him absolutely lose his senses against my boys both times they played. Reported. Multiple 50's. Sent off. Seymour lose. The thing I noticed was how ill-disciplined he could be. Might have been having a bad day!
He might've been. Maybe changed. But easily one of the less Illdisciplined in the Pines side. Plenty others I'd watch out for before him. He stands up in big games and when it counts. I don't want to paint him as some absolute legend but he's been playing well in a strong side.

Speaking of Scanlon, I’m hearing Shannan Broadbent to Tullamarine. A few years younger than Scanlon but his footy CV would be just as impressive

Speaking of Scanlon, I’m hearing Shannan Broadbent to Tullamarine. A few years younger than Scanlon but his footy CV would be just as impressive

What’s with clubs recruiting older types. It’s been found to be an unsuccessful model to use. Maybe 1 or 2 are fine in a young team but gee Shagga Broadbent hasn’t played for about 2 years. Yes he was a great player but his surely finished up.

Ferris gone to Westy is not building a good future imo.

Rose a totally different fish. Super pick up and could kick 80 plus

EK going the older types again and tall forwards. They will be slow again I suspect and rely on inside ball players to carry them. Any truth to the rumours the Grabowski boys could looking to move back to the NFNL if EK release them.

What’s with clubs recruiting older types. It’s been found to be an unsuccessful model to use. Maybe 1 or 2 are fine in a young team but gee Shagga Broadbent hasn’t played for about 2 years. Yes he was a great player but his surely finished up.

EK going the older types again and tall forwards. They will be slow again I suspect and rely on inside ball players to carry them. Any truth to the rumours the Grabowski boys could looking to move back to the NFNL if EK release them.

Broadbent been playing in the Hume league I believe up close to NSW border. Won B & F in 2017 I think
Tulla have about 15-20 of their under 19s up next year so plenty of kids coming though.

I’ve also heard DC has ruffled some feathers at EK going after a few of their kids. Michael Gatt one that has already signed. BOG in EK 2018 under 19s premiership team

Hey Turbs, I’ve also heard of another EK recruit from this season that isn’t happy and will also look to move on if they release him

Yep. Scanlon won a league B&F at 39 in 2017. Went back to back in 2018.
Only played 10 games this year after breaking his leg I'm pretty sure. He's the poster child for "big bodied mid." Absolute rig.
As for Bongetti, he gives as good as he gets but haven't seen any ill-disciplined stuff.

Not true he broke his leg in his younger days not last season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both have resigned not going anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone please explain how EK , Abers ,Coburg Districts etc , are budgeting for season 2020. All clubs will tell you they are under the salary cap. This question is relevant for all Divisions and all clubs that are at the top of the salary cap.
How can a club claim to be under the cap , if they were on the cap last year and have recruited strongly.
Considering , no club knows what the cap is in 2020 , as it still hasn’t been set , their are some incredible mathematicians at club land within our league.
Its an interesting question you ask Chops but I believe the intended salary cap limits have been in writing for at least 3 years, if not longer, in advance of this year, so in theory clubs should have been budgeting for this from 3 years ago?

Its an interesting question you ask Chops but I believe the intended salary cap limits have been in writing for at least 3 years, if not longer, in advance of this year, so in theory clubs should have been budgeting for this from 3 years ago?
In theory your right they should , but they also should pay the league , they also should pay their players , they also should declare all payments to players.
Lots of shoulds.

Love to know how many different footy jumpers he has in his wardrobe lol..

Yep exactly. Its great to see players not hang up the boots early but continue to play footy. Im just not sure it’s the right move for a club that made the 4 last season. They appear to recruit older types when I’m not sure that’s the best way forward. Castello the exception obviously but that’s chalk and cheese. I also guess his being paid if he was chased.

Hillside picked up a couple of handy additions judging by there Facebook page and both still got plenty of good footy ahead of them. If I’m correct both have played premier footy. I hear they have been very active in the recruiting and targeting specific type players. Yes they have lost 2 players but they have recovered well and probably will have a stronger list overall and still a young list.

EK and APW clear early favourites. Have APW stared any big names as yet? I’m sure they will be out there looking..

Is May still coach West Coburg? I heard he was maybe leaving but obviously his staying I assume.

Hillside picked up a couple of handy additions judging by there Facebook page and both still got plenty of good footy ahead of them. If I’m correct both have played premier footy. I hear they have been very active in the recruiting and targeting specific type players. Yes they have lost 2 players but they have recovered well and probably will have a stronger list overall and still a young list.

EK and APW clear early favourites. Have APW stared any big names as yet? I’m sure they will be out there looking..

Is May still coach West Coburg? I heard he was maybe leaving but obviously his staying I assume.
APW have basically the same squad from 2017 where they lost 8 games and made the grand final. 2018 they lost 2 games and won this division - Maybe 5-6 extra players but basically the same squad. A few other clubs have strengthened since then i.e EK,WM, Tulla consistent & WC will be strong - Most clubs waiting for the 1st Nov opening.

best 22 clearly don’t fit on field their best 22 is probably at like 60
In theory your right they should , but they also should pay the league , they also should pay their players , they also should declare all payments to players.
Lots of shoulds.
Not sure what you are suggesting there but if clubs aren't meeting their financial obligations, surely word would get out quickly about things like that at club level?

Not sure what you are suggesting there but if clubs aren't meeting their financial obligations, surely word would get out quickly about things like that at club level?
Currently their are about 6 clubs unfinancial with the league. Some from all Divisions. And they are able to attract opposition players by paying sign ons which is actually EDFL money . Im almost sure I spotted half the EDFL board at the city climate protests last week , eating mung beans whilst joining in on a spot of nude yoga

In the announcement article for the coach of APW they mentioned they were working on bringing in 5 new players.

Just don’t know who they are or the caliber..

Just don’t know why other clubs could go recruit 5+ stars yet only ek is “breaching cap” in everyone’s eyes here lol...... literally makes no sense

Going to be interesting come November when all the transfers go through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back