EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Westies have taken down their entire online presence today. No Facebook, insta or website. Most likely to be trying to avoid the expected fallout from today's sentencing hearing

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of a rumour circulating that Tom Bellchambers heading to a div1 club. Anyone else hear that?

Bit of a rumour circulating that Tom Bellchambers heading to a div1 club. Anyone else hear that?
Yes heard that.

Looks like Westies have taken down their entire online presence today. No Facebook, insta or website. Most likely to be trying to avoid the expected fallout from today's sentencing hearing

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can you blame them with the scum bag trolls looking to jump on anything they can, too get their jollies.
West would be dammed if they did say something and dammed if the didn't there is no winning with trolls.
I think for the sake young lady silence is golden why keep opening old wounds .With a recent change to legislation if she wants to speak out she now has the legal right too do so and if she is so inclined then all power to her .
I hope is she is doing well .

A lot of ruckman at that club now.

Why would someone just out of the AFL system go to play div1 standard footy Not sure it makes a lot of sense..

Another that’s playing with another mate apparently. Never heard of so many mates of mates all playing for the love, you turbo?

Another that’s playing with another mate apparently. Never heard of so many mates of mates all playing for the love, you turbo?
Im hearing you mate.
Don’t have a problem with playing with mates but there is always $$ involved still. Can you imagine the offers Bellchambers would have had. In EDFL premier his surely the most wanted. A tall ruckman just out of AFL (not reserve grade) is worth top dollar in anyone’s language. Surely you cash in while you can..Yet he decides to play div1. I guess good on them as it’s huge news!!
Ruckman Raynor recruited, yet post the announcement they sign 2 other ruckman the caliber of Stewart and Bellchambers. So where’s does that put Raynor? His young but a talent, and if his playing reserves then he is just wasting a year of footy. Shame really if that’s how it plays out..

Had heard he was playing with Kyneton under Paul Chapman

Im hearing you mate.
Don’t have a problem with playing with mates but there is always $$ involved still. Can you imagine the offers Bellchambers would have had. In EDFL premier his surely the most wanted. A tall ruckman just out of AFL (not reserve grade) is worth top dollar in anyone’s language. Surely you cash in while you can..Yet he decides to play div1. I guess good on them as it’s huge news!!
Ruckman Raynor recruited, yet post the announcement they sign 2 other ruckman the caliber of Stewart and Bellchambers. So where’s does that put Raynor? His young but a talent, and if his playing reserves then he is just wasting a year of footy. Shame really if that’s how it plays out..
Does any one think that there might be a slightest of chances that someone at the edfl is looking and the incomings transfers and starting to get a bit suspicious and thinking that club is taking the Piss out of the comp. Surely with all this incoming talent they all will not be playing for peanuts and to just play with mates and they all can not be returning juniors so there will be serious headaches with points

Does any one think that there might be a slightest of chances that someone at the edfl is looking and the incomings transfers and starting to get a bit suspicious and thinking that club is taking the Piss out of the comp. Surely with all this incoming talent they all will not be playing for peanuts and to just play with mates and they all can not be returning juniors so there will be serious headaches with points
It’s definitely against the flow as most leagues expected clubs to get weaker due to salary cap reduction and the talent pool spread wider with more players returning to “home” clubs due to budgets evening out. You would think it’s sparked some conversation at headquarters but who knows. Footy becoming very politically in some quarters.
Im sure they like to build depth in there squad (as would all clubs) but in all seriousness if your a young talented player clearly capable of playing seniors and your playing div1 reserves purely due to points you need to get out fast as it’s a waste of time. It could damage your reputation..

It’s definitely against the flow as most leagues expected clubs to get weaker due to salary cap reduction and the talent pool spread wider with more players returning to “home” clubs due to budgets evening out. You would think it’s sparked some conversation at headquarters but who knows. Footy becoming very politically in some quarters.
Im sure they like to build depth in there squad (as would all clubs) but in all seriousness if your a young talented player clearly capable of playing seniors and your playing div1 reserves purely due to points you need to get out fast as it’s a waste of time. It could damage your reputation..
Turbo I agree about adding depth but at some stage you would think that ek would have to draw the line and say enough is enough. How is Pat going to man manage that many senior players expecting to play senior footy weekly also expecting to be paid for playing seniors .I don't think they will be happy playing 2 and not getting paid.
Is bringing in this many recruits really building for the future as the local boys who have played their whole life's at EK would be thinking I am never going to get a look in at senior level , so I suspect that they will be looking else where if they have ambitions of playing senior footy. It's not good to alienate the home grown boys as these are the life blood of the club along with the families

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Pat.....

Turbo I agree about adding depth but at some stage you would think that ek would have to draw the line and say enough is enough. How is Pat going to man manage that many senior players expecting to play senior footy weekly also expecting to be paid for playing seniors .I don't think they will be happy playing 2 and not getting paid.
Is bringing in this many recruits really building for the future as the local boys who have played their whole life's at EK would be thinking I am never going to get a look in at senior level , so I suspect that they will be looking else where if they have ambitions of playing senior footy. It's not good to alienate the home grown boys as these are the life blood of the club along with the families
ek already lost their 17 comp b@f winner from 2019.
Well done Pat.....
juniors kept are the most valuable resource clubs have.
why would a comp b@f from EK under 17 in 2019 be playing now at Taylors Lakes. Think we all know the answer to that. Pity those not as good as him. Where do they all go?

why would a comp b@f from EK under 17 in 2019 be playing now at Taylors Lakes. Think we all know the answer to that. Pity those not as good as him. Where do they all go?

I’d suggest it was due to EK not having u19’s in 2020
IF you were the EK coach would you have chased him to return in 2021, absolutely you would.

I’d suggest it was due to EK not having u19’s in 2020
IF you were the EK coach would you have chased him to return in 2021, absolutely you would.
This is a great point you have raised here. Why wouldn’t you chase him and offer him some extra $$ that are being given to others. Invest in your own especially a club that probably needs to add some 1 pointers. Better investment into the clubs future but maybe not so good for immediate glory..Ummm

This is a great point you have raised here. Why wouldn’t you chase him and offer him some extra $$ that are being given to others. Invest in your own especially a club that probably needs to add some 1 pointers. Better investment into the clubs future but maybe not so good for immediate glory..Ummm
Don't get carried away B&F winner playing Div 2 17's in a team that won 6 games.... thinking he ain't gunna be no Ice Grey or Mario Orlando! Sustainable Prem Div clubs have 18's.... when the mercenaries leave and the cash dries up the plummet will be death defying

Donald D

Don't get carried away B&F winner playing Div 2 17's in a team that won 6 games.... thinking he ain't gunna be no Ice Grey or Mario Orlando! Sustainable Prem Div clubs have 18's.... when the mercenaries leave and the cash dries up the plummet will be death defying

Donald D
what rubbish. plenty of great players played 17 div 2 in 2019.How many games did you see? keilor ,abers and strathmore always have the numbers in 18/19 but the rest struggle in premier.Avondale had one good year but will be poor this season.
agree when clubs get into financial difficulties the first thing they will do is try and build from below. good luck EK because long term it wont last. By the way the boy Mellili can play but a long way off seniors but the point is he needed to be developed. Hope he goes well at Lakes. Did you know both Paul Chapman and Adam Saad were div2 winners in u16s. think they both kicked on.

what rubbish. plenty of great players played 17 div 2 in 2019.How many games did you see? keilor ,abers and strathmore always have the numbers in 18/19 but the rest struggle in premier.Avondale had one good year but will be poor this season.
agree when clubs get into financial difficulties the first thing they will do is try and build from below. good luck EK because long term it wont last. By the way the boy Mellili can play but a long way off seniors but the point is he needed to be developed. Hope he goes well at Lakes. Did you know both Paul Chapman and Adam Saad were div2 winners in u16s. think they both kicked on.
Very good point you raise. Always some talent in Div2 juniors no doubt. Often they are loyal but more importantly needed to work harder and resilient kids. Stick with them.

Always hated rep footy selection in that a lot of players come from the better clubs. But some are just on the end of it but get selected. Better to find a rough diamond in div2 than a div1 5th best player. He will often appreciate it more and work harder and ultimately come out better in years ahead.

Very good point you raise. Always some talent in Div2 juniors no doubt. Often they are loyal but more importantly needed to work harder and resilient kids. Stick with them.

Always hated rep footy selection in that a lot of players come from the better clubs. But some are just on the end of it but get selected. Better to find a rough diamond in div2 than a div1 5th best player. He will often appreciate it more and work harder and ultimately come out better in years ahead.
dont get me started not only on rep selection but also TAC invitees. its a joke. If you have a surname footy people know then get to the top of the list and doors open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back