EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon turbo.... please mate....Lost a few ? Turbo put it how you want but They have literally lost arguably their 6 best players. All 1 pointers.

Colletta
Micallef
Rayner
Raff
Patane
Klaromenos

Unrest going on at shark park?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bash, turbo said hillside have youth coming through and they will provide the one pointers. For the third time please tell me if EK have an 18-5 team for season 2021. its not a difficult question mate. If its a yes great. If its a no then turbos comment of where clubs will be in 3-5 years time is very relevant.

Cmon turbo.... please mate....Lost a few ? Turbo put it how you want but They have literally lost arguably their 6 best players. All 1 pointers.

Colletta
Micallef
Rayner
Raff
Patane
Klaromenos

Best get your facts right before you comment. Raaf was not a 1 pointer. I will respond in a polite honest way but don’t know why I’m really bothering!

Raaf and Patane going back to junior club so don’t see an issue with that, especially with reduced salary caps it’s happening more and more.
2 of the 6 went purely due to the offer of 💰💰💰 Yes these were homegrown 1 pointers however difficult to get near that. Good on them for making some good 💰
1 wanted a change.
Klaromenos is a loss and that was disappointing.

Bash, out of the 4 who have transferred to EK only Coletta would probably be granted a starting position in today’s footy with a points system. Thoughts! Remember Raynor is 5 points at EK.

Last edited:

Due to no Hs access to subscription I often scroll through these threads too catch on the news
I came across the top 20 players in this division as chosen by the HS
1. Robbie Castello (Westmeadows)

2. Ash Arrowsmith (East Keilor)

3. Josh Grabowski (East Keilor):

4. Tyson Young (Airport West)

5. Anthony Prestia (Tullamarine):

6. Ben Caluzzi (East Keilor):

7. Dion Hill (East Keilor):

8. Jake Hobbs (Taylors Lakes):

9. Victor Micallef (East Keilor):

10. Jackson Volpato (Hillside):

11. Brandon Coletta (East Keilor):

12. Omar Saad (Westmeadows):

13. Dane Lucas (West Coburg):

14. Joe Palazzolo (East Keilor):

15. Jack Elliott (Roxburgh Park):

16. Clayton Rogers (Airport West):

17. Dean Bartrop (Tullamarine):

18. Nathan Lyons (East Keilor):

19. Harley Short (Roxburgh Park):

20. Liam Bowkett (West Coburg):

now everytime I think someone may be a chance of beating ek I look at there recruits and think that it’s quite possible that due to the quality of there recruits next years top 20 could have 12-15 ek players easily
How can anyone honestly beat a b grade side with that many gun players
It’s really a 1 horse race sadly

Colletta
Micallef
Rayner
Raff
Patane
Klaromenos

I suppose Hillside have lost some talent, but the replacements that have come in have played at VFL level, Premier League and even considered draft prospects in their draft year which those that left can’t claim to have done. So just maybe all will be ok up on the Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something off to the side Gents. Most clubs are referred to in a certain way because of past history or maybe an old incident that happened, supporters , type of ground or whatever. Be interested to know what everyone's Nickname is for each club? I'll start a couple off

CLUB NICKNAME Reason
T.Lakes - NUFFIES - the tripe that comes out of their supporters mouths and always have a couple of players that look Not Quite Right
Hillside - HILL BILLIES - due to their drunken/feral supporter base that would not look out of place sitting on a fence post chewing on a bit of straw
East Keilor
Tullamarine
Airport West
Roxy
Rupo
Sunbury Kangas
Westmeadows
West Coburg

Something off to the side Gents. Most clubs are referred to in a certain way because of past history or maybe an old incident that happened, supporters , type of ground or whatever. Be interested to know what everyone's Nickname is for each club? I'll start a couple off

CLUB NICKNAME Reason
T.Lakes - NUFFIES - the tripe that comes out of their supporters mouths and always have a couple of players that look Not Quite Right
Hillside - HILL BILLIES - due to their drunken/feral supporter base that would not look out of place sitting on a fence post chewing on a bit of straw
East Keilor no longer cougars but changing to cheetahs
Tullamarine
Airport West
Roxy
Rupo
Sunbury Kangas
Westmeadows
West Coburg

Bash, turbo said hillside have youth coming through and they will provide the one pointers. For the third time please tell me if EK have an 18-5 team for season 2021. its not a difficult question mate. If its a yes great. If its a no then turbos comment of where clubs will be in 3-5 years time is very relevant.

Mate no secret ek won’t have an 18.5 side. Neither will Hillside, so what youth are you and turbo referring to coming through? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Gee that’s a great comment from you. Let’s compare 1 pointers come round 1 selection shall we!
HIllside appear to be committed to going for youth and investing in there own talent. Yes they have lost a few but they have juniors which can cover the points gaps. I guess it’s a completely different path to your used to however would be interested to see which method is proven better over a 3-5 year period..

Hillside have had this “ 3 year plan “ for the past 8 years 😂😂

Mate no secret ek won’t have an 18.5 side. Neither will Hillside, so what youth are you and turbo referring to coming through?

Hillside no 18s, where this tripe come from. Obviously not a clue what’s going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate no secret ek won’t have an 18.5 side. Neither will Hillside, so what youth are you and turbo referring to coming through? 🤦‍♂️

Most silliest post seen for sometime. In 2019 HS 18.5s played premier and if I’m correct made the top4. Always had juniors mainly in div1 in most age groups.
To my knowledge Hillside will have 18.5 in season 2021 so best you get a little bird so you get better information 🤣🤣

Most silliest post seen for sometime. In 2019 HS 18.5s played premier and if I’m correct made the top4. Always had juniors mainly in div1 in most age groups.
To my knowledge Hillside will have 18.5 in season 2021 so best you get a little bird so you get better information 🤣🤣

If that’s the case I’m happy for them and happy to be corrected. Last you said they did not have u18.5’s this year. It’s good they managed to turn it around for 2021.

In my opinion every club should have u18.5’s/19’s etc. However it’s harder to maintain in the older/dated suburbs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that’s the case I’m happy for them and happy to be corrected. Last you said they did not have u18.5’s this year. It’s good they managed to turn it around for 2021.

In my opinion every club should have u18.5’s/19’s etc. However it’s harder to maintain in the older/dated suburbs

Bash you finally answered the question. This wonderfully progressive club looking to the future has no 18-5s. Funny though wasnt a coach appointed for that job.What happened to him. My birdy might be right on the money mate. Unrest in the camp.

Turbo they played Div 1 U19’s in 2019 and we’re smacked by EK

Turbo they played Div 1 U19’s in 2019 and we’re smacked by EK
Grover in 2019 Hillside ended up 3rd on the ladder in premier division Under 19s. Lost 1st final. Pretty good effort if you ask me.

If HS get 2 under 18.5 sides up in 2021 then that will be a huge achievement and a great platform to launch. “Just saying” 🤣😄😄 B9B0E7A2-7E20-40A7-B074-C9237E25789E.png

Apologies 2018 was Div 1, my mistake I stand corrected.
All good buddy, I’ve made plenty 🥺😄. From memory 2018 there was a bit of rivalry between the clubs.

It’s just so important to have under 18s however it’s not easy I agree. In all seriousness the coach of the 18.5s is “almost” as important as the senior coach and as such they need to be rewarded in some way. It’s a huge job but so important..

All good buddy, I’ve made plenty 🥺. From memory 2018 there was a bit of rivalry between the clubs.

It’s just so important to have under 18s however it’s not easy I agree. In all seriousness the coach of the 18.5s is “almost” as important as the senior coach and as such they need to be rewarded in some way. It’s a huge job but so important..

It’s one of the hardest ages to coach in my opinion, as there are many distractions in a boys life at 18 years of age, to keep their focus on football is not easy.

It’s one of the hardest ages to coach in my opinion, as there are many distractions in a boys life at 18 years of age, to keep their focus on football is not easy.

It’s going to be difficult enough firing up senior players post covid season delay. Some might have missed it but some maybe not as motivated to get back into the swing of it.

Best get your facts right before you comment. Raaf was not a 1 pointer. I will respond in a polite honest way but don’t know why I’m really bothering!

Raaf and Patane going back to junior club so don’t see an issue with that, especially with reduced salary caps it’s happening more and more.
2 of the 6 went purely due to the offer of 💰💰💰 Yes these were homegrown 1 pointers however difficult to get near that. Good on them for making some good 💰
1 wanted a change.
Klaromenos is a loss and that was disappointing.

Bash, out of the 4 who have transferred to EK only Coletta would probably be granted a starting position in today’s footy with a points system. Thoughts! Remember Raynor is 5 points at EK.
patane yes raaf no he played juniors at pacco or at very lest played under 18,s there you should know that being a pacco man

Mate no secret ek won’t have an 18.5 side. Neither will Hillside, so what youth are you and turbo referring to coming through?

Can you confirm HS will not field a 18.5 side Bash?

Donald D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back