EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
patane yes raaf no he played juniors at pacco or at very lest played under 18,s there you should know that being a pacco man
Yeah mate I knew Raaf had played juniors at Paco but also Roxy if I’m correct. Either way he has played at Roxy before so will be low points. Has become somewhat of a journeyman the Raaf, but nice bloke by all reports. 👍

It’s one of the hardest ages to coach in my opinion, as there are many distractions in a boys life at 18 years of age, to keep their focus on football is not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Totally agree with you I have heard a few sides a bit worried about 18.5 numbers pre Christmas they have good numbers on the books bit a lower attendance than expected.this is not a just div one problem either. The long term affects of this year has the potential to cause some real head aches at senior level for the next couple of years if these young men turn their back on the game because they have found they like not having to tie up so much time with footy over summer

Totally agree with you I have heard a few sides a bit worried about 18.5 numbers pre Christmas they have good numbers on the books bit a lower attendance than expected.this is not a just div one problem either. The long term affects of this year has the potential to cause some real head aches at senior level for the next couple of years if these young men turn their back on the game because they have found they like not having to tie up so much time with footy over summer
Agree it’s always been difficult at the age group. You will find senior footy outside premier will experience the same issues post covid. Lowering of the cap although I understand why, will also have a huge effect. We agree payments were excessive but a lot of players do ultimately play for the extra income.

Agree it’s always been difficult at the age group. You will find senior footy outside premier will experience the same issues post covid. Lowering of the cap although I understand why, will also have a huge effect. We agree payments were excessive but a lot of players do ultimately play for the extra income.
think real problem for 18-5s is that kids coming up last played as u15s and can be a bit daunted by size of some boys who will be 19 during next season.
thats especially so for kids who played in lower divisions as u15s. Schoolwork and having to get up early on a saturday are not appealing to many players.

I don’t agree with this and in fact think it’s the exact opposite. Clubs are now finding it easier to recruit new players as there is less focus on who is offering the most money as the money simply is not there
I haven’t heard of many players not playing due to the lower salary caps

In all honestly you can talk about the volume of sides hillside will Have this year but truth of the matter is hillside should of been in premier years ago and competing. They have been a massive let down from that aspect.

With the amount of juniors and popularity of the club and the demographic of the people in the neighbouring suburbs. Their senior program has been a Bit of a let down if you ask me.

think real problem for 18-5s is that kids coming up last played as u15s and can be a bit daunted by size of some boys who will be 19 during next season.
thats especially so for kids who played in lower divisions as u15s. Schoolwork and having to get up early on a saturday are not appealing to many players.
Red spot the average kid of today really does not have that drive to play higher levels than what they are playing at present which is fine as each kid develops differently .This age group is a problem the drop off at the 16 to 18 year mark should be raising eyebrows at AFL/EDFL

In all honestly you can talk about the volume of sides hillside will Have this year but truth of the matter is hillside should of been in premier years ago and competing. They have been a massive let down from that aspect.

With the amount of juniors and popularity of the club and the demographic of the people in the neighbouring suburbs. Their senior program has been a Bit of a let down if you ask me.

I agree. 👍👍🍺🍺

However some of these people YOU are referring to are now at your club EK who have stated they want to go up. 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:

That from a club that has bought their teams rather than develop them.

I agree.

However some of these people YOU are referring to are now at your club EK who have stated they want to go up.

Why would you edit the post?

Your the one that says junior programs make clubs etc etc why are they not in premier competing with the big 4? Why have they never ever made it to premier. That’s where they should be with access to all the players/demographic of their club. There have been some great players over the years from shark park. One was the number one draft pick...

Not a dig, it’s an Honest question and since you agree. What’s your thoughts/take on the matter?

Last edited:
Why would you edit the post?

Your the one that says junior programs make clubs etc etc why are they not in premier competing with the big 4? Why have they never ever made it to premier. That’s where they should be with access to all the players/demographic of their club. There have been some great players over the years from shark park. One was the number one draft pick...

Not a dig, it’s an Honest question and since you agree. What’s your thoughts/take on the matter?

Great players coming out of Hillside that is an interesting comment. Other than Cam Raynor that left and went to EDS to win a flag, who are they?
They do have a lot of juniors and I have never seen any issues at the club when watching / participating in games, but I wouldn’t say I have seen any great players (other than Raynor) in the past 10 years or so.
What do you define as great?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great players coming out of Hillside that is an interesting comment. Other than Cam Raynor that left and went to EDS to win a flag, who are they?
They do have a lot of juniors and I have never seen any issues at the club when watching / participating in games, but I wouldn’t say I have seen any great players (other than Raynor) in the past 10 years or so.
What do you define as great?
Noah Balta played in those junior games. He was actually in the 2s for a bit!
Bruno Laguda , Ben Caluzzi, Frank Campisi and big Mate Colina who has been rookied by Tigers also played a few games
before basketball took priority.
They had a very strong side. Douttas that is.

Bruno Laguda , Ben Caluzzi, Frank Campisi and big Mate Colina who has been rookied by Tigers also played a few games
Who cares about Douttas on this div1 thread. 😂

Balta has played at Douttas since U12 or 13 at least so no credit to Hillside. Colina played at Doutta and left for Australian Basketball in U16. He has been signed by Richmond as a category B rookie due to his height 213 cm, would be the tallest AFL player ever. He wasn’t signed because of his footy skills. Campisi was a good player in U16’s but hasn’t been heard of since after TAC Cup. Caluzzi was good but unfortunately broke a finger and hasn’t been the same since. Now playing Div 1, not really testing his skills against premier level players. Laguda has great skills and has been playing for Essendon in the VFL, need to question his decision now to drop to Div 1. Certainly agree that Douttas should try and get those boys back in two years, they would have a great young team along with a few of those others that played u16 from 2013 to 2015. Throw in Oscar Sasalu, Declan Tully, Karl Brown, Dylan Landt (if he stays), Dalton Comito, Marcus Calvaresi, Jakob Shaw, Campbell Wearne and Alex Boyse and you have a very good group of players. Throw in a tall ruck.

Who cares about Douttas on this div1 thread. 😂

No sign of The Little Master at Overland reserve......?
Funny :think:, mail was he was coming ? :D

What do they say about facts and good stories? Never the two shall meet perhaps with Turbos Mail . :laughv1:

No matter, will say goodbye in advance as we are not exactly sure when you will be deleting your account. :thumbsu:

What do they say about facts and good stories? Never the two shall meet perhaps with Turbos Mail . :laughv1:

No matter, will say goodbye in advance as we are not exactly sure when you will be deleting your account. :thumbsu:
Haha
Don’t think he would training in December. I think if he was going to play then he wouldn’t train he would have the luxury to just turn up on Saturday and have a run around. Get 40 and kick 5

Well you blokes did rave on about about Bellchambers however his now Essendons ruck coach so that throws a spanner in the works. How many games can he play? Even more reasons they went after another big recruit post announcement of Bellchambers.. My mail is pretty good. Oh well let’s see shall we.
No chance the great man would turn up to overland Res for training in Dec. Let alone Jan, Feb 😃😃😃

Well you blokes did rave on about about Bellchambers however his now Essendons ruck coach so that throws a spanner in the works. How many games can he play? Even more reasons they went after another big recruit post announcement of Bellchambers.. My mail is pretty good. Oh well let’s see shall we.
No chance the great man would turn up to overland Res for training in Dec. Let alone Jan, Feb

Delete the acc already he’s not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back