EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueJet, I’m for loyalty mate but the top players at Tulla are definitely not playing for nothing. Total BS and a cover up.
I know that at least 2 long term Tulla players played this past season for the love of the club & game alone - I do understand having a cynical outlook though given the mercenary culture that has engulfed footy.

Are you fair dinkum you galah. Key members playing for nothing !! And you believe it .
The only thing missing from this ridiculous statement by the Tulla President was " Once upon a time ,
Yep i’m Fair dinkum. Didn’t say key members playing for nothing but I’d reckon some older experienced players are pretty much playing for the love of that club. Why would their President make it up as there is no way they would be close to salary cap?

I have just read the best quotes of the season from the Tulla president in the local paper"Some key members of the senior side played for FREE in 2019" " We overachieve for what we have got and i think it's down to a good culture" I stopped reading the rest of the article after these comments.
Some players are on severe unders as well, tullamarine would have one of the smallest budgets in this division and would be nowhere near the salary cap.

Yes some players probably are playing for nothing but not the top echelon of players there. There recruits are on decent coin and if you think otherwise your in fantasy land.
Yeah some of the best 22 play for free (or basically nothing) so the club can afford to bring in players that are on 400-600 a game. Tullamarine recruit wisely and don’t go out overpaying players like other clubs do in this division. If they had the budget and were able to pay the Max salary cap they would’ve been in premier a long time ago.

Yeah some of the best 22 play for free (or basically nothing) so the club can afford to bring in players that are on 400-600 a game. Tullamarine recruit wisely and don’t go out overpaying players like other clubs do in this division. If they had the budget and were able to pay the Max salary cap they would’ve been in premier a long time ago.

I’m not sure people are being totally truthful here.

Tulla offer decent coin and would be paying >150k. Apparently they are going hard to get Kite from Glenroy. Now he is not going to come cheap.

Remember they didn’t have Under 18s for a few years and needed to recruit. I don’t begrudge them as it’s a tough aging area but Tulla have some good history and always been competitive in div1.

Tulla offer decent coin and would be paying >150k. Apparently they are going hard to get Kite from Glenroy. Now he is not going to come cheap.

Remember they didn’t have Under 18s for a few years and needed to recruit. I don’t begrudge them as it’s a tough aging area but Tulla have some good history and always been competitive in div1.
If you could see what most of there players are on I think you’d be very surprised

You have no idea Turbo

Some of the senior players are playing for nothing at Tullamarine. Very good players. True story. I don’t expect bigfooty posters to believe it but I felt obligated to back up the comments of the president. Tullamarine players want success and they have been searching for it since 2003. So they are happy to play for nothing if it means possibly getting some quality players to the club as we know they don’t come cheap.

That’s one way to cheat a cap. $0 on a contract and $600 under the table.... what a load of crap

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s one way to cheat a cap. $0 on a contract and $600 under the table.... what a load of crap

Haha. Given Tulla would be about 70-80k under the cap this is laughable.

I guess coming from EK or Deer Park as you say it would be hard to believe that some clubs have players that actually play for their love of the jumper

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess coming from EK or Deer Park as you say it would be hard to believe that some clubs have players that actually play got their love of the jumper
This is so laughable it surely can’t be taken seriously! This is like saying no one in the ammos is paid😂😂. There are so many hard working volunteers at all clubs who put in countless hours for little reward-I am not sure how many of the ones players are involved with juniors or female footy or Sunday games- my guess would be not many- but I could be wrong,I am not sure how many clubs understand what “culture” actually means- but leadership comes in all forms- Players playing for FREE when others are on anywhere between $300-$1k and have to train and risk their body on a sat - well just very,very hard to believe- unless would like start naming some and they gather great respect around the comp!

I guess coming from EK or Deer Park as you say it would be hard to believe that some clubs have players that actually play for their love of the jumper

If u seriously think players play for free and for the love of their jumper in this day and age mate that is ridiculous hahahahha

Last edited:
This is so laughable it surely can’t be taken seriously! This is like saying no one in the ammos is paid😂😂. There are so many hard working volunteers at all clubs who put in countless hours for little reward-I am not sure how many of the ones players are involved with juniors or female footy or Sunday games- my guess would be not many- but I could be wrong,I am not sure how many clubs understand what “culture” actually means- but leadership comes in all forms- Players playing for FREE when others are on anywhere between $300-$1k and have to train and risk their body on a sat - well just very,very hard to believe- unless would like start naming some and they gather great respect around the comp!
Tullamarines best player would be on nowhere near 1k a game. Some clubs dont have endless amounts of cash and some players would rather play for peanuts if it meant being able win a flag.

If u seriously think players play for free and love if their jumper in the day and age mate that is ridiculous hahahahha

I’m trying to understand what you wrote - is English your second language? People like you on here are taking the comments of the president out of context.
There are some senior players at Tullamarine playing for nothing in 2020 FACT.
Is most of the team playing for nothing?- NO. Having said that they could be getting paid a lot more at rival clubs which has always been the case at the footy club.
Unless you’re within the inner sanctum of the football club, like Turbo is (at every EDFL club) your comments are purely speculation and guesswork.

I’m trying to understand what you wrote - is English your second language? People like you on here are taking the comments of the president out of context.
There are some senior players at Tullamarine playing for nothing in 2020 FACT.
Is most of the team playing for nothing?- NO. Having said that they could be getting paid a lot more at rival clubs which has always been the case at the footy club.
Unless you’re within the inner sanctum of the football club, like Turbo is (at every EDFL club) your comments are purely speculation and guesswork.
As I have said before, as soon as it becomes personal you have already won the argument!Presidents and committees are not across all issues at their clubs- Fact- I know a sponsor who has deals with 5 or 6 clubs within the edfl and is looking after players individually- so you books may say $0 but they are probably receiving around $5k work of VIK- free drinks,food,functions,waive membership player& family, rent assistance, other bills paid etc.etc.etc. No-one is on $0- Fact ,

As I have said before, as soon as it becomes personal you have already won the argument!Presidents and committees are not across all issues at their clubs- Fact- I know a sponsor who has deals with 5 or 6 clubs within the edfl and is looking after players individually- so you books may say $0 but they are probably receiving around $5k work of VIK- free drinks,food,functions,waive membership player& family, rent assistance, other bills paid etc.etc.etc. No-one is on $0- Fact ,
Compelling evidence there Biggest Choker. Who's the sponsor? Who are the clubs?

I love that people are continuing to concoct bs narratives to suit their own perceptions. :smirk:
That someone is willing to put their time/effort into a club without remuneration is to be admired, not sneered at and that this idea is so foreign to some is indicative of just how money driven or toxic footy has become.

I love that people are continuing to concoct bs narratives to suit their own perceptions. :smirk:
That someone is willing to put their time/effort into a club without remuneration is to be admired, not sneered at and that this idea is so foreign to some is indicative of just how money driven or toxic footy has become.

Absolutely!! Not many around that’s all- if any- can’t wait for Friday’s transfer window to see how many loyal players have stayed at their club and play for the jumper !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back