EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 824669

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am not questioning Roxy or anyone else involved in organising this great day, let's get that 100% straight.
CFA & Brigade Donation Fund, Vic Bushfire Appeal and Wildlife - What does that actually mean? Is any of the money getting to the people affected and have lost their homes? Does anyone understand where this money ends up?

I am not questioning Roxy or anyone else involved in organising this great day, let's get that 100% straight.
CFA & Brigade Donation Fund, Vic Bushfire Appeal and Wildlife - What does that actually mean? Is any of the money getting to the people affected and have lost their homes? Does anyone understand where this money ends up?

You can find all the information you need on those charities websites.

Well done to Roxy on leading the way for this event and to everyone who supported it.

Now will any of the money $ raised go towards the people affected by the fires or will sit in the government coffers forever in a day ?
I thought along the same lines a month or two ago, but after discussions with my friend who works in the government, I changed my view. The reason as to why the money is distributed in one lump sum, is the total sum is sometimes more than a family will ever see and end up wasting it on items not needed. The money is distributed in installments so they get used on fundamentals that are required at that very moment and not on lustful items.

Not sure how anyone on here can sort any of that out. People came, money was raised and the community cane together for a cause. Nobody on here can change how that money is distributed so not sure it's relevant you this forum
I thought along the same lines a month or two ago, but after discussions with my friend who works in the government, I changed my view. The reason as to why the money is distributed in one lump sum, is the total sum is sometimes more than a family will ever see and end up wasting it on items not needed. The money is distributed in installments so they get used on fundamentals that are required at that very moment and not on lustful items.

Not sure how anyone on here can sort any of that out. People came, money was raised and the community cane together for a cause. Nobody on here can change how that money is distributed so not sure it's relevant you this forum

I agree mate, just stating the facts that the government isn't holding the money from the needy for any reason but to assist them in the long term. It's a great idea and an amazing effort for all involved.

Nice write up hopefully sharks can make a finals push again. Gives Pat a solid shout out also.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting commentary from Hillside on Bonnici not sure this does there cause any favours when discussions have been very limited between the two clubs on an outcome or solution
Maybe just an inexperienced comment from an inexperienced coach

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting commentary from Hillside on Bonnici not sure this does there cause any favours when discussions have been very limited between the two clubs on an outcome or solution
Maybe just an inexperienced comment from an inexperienced coach

What makes you say communication has been limited ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty easy to work out....
Two clearances submitted both denied don’t have to be Einstein to work out the clubs are not talking

Can only be if he signed a 2 year contract otherwise what’s the issue with releasing him back to his former club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was in local rag last week
I have been told the club is trying to hold him to a $0 contract because they paid club membership fees for him therefore there is a monetary value on the contract.... Sounds like DC holidng off to make hillside desperate to pay a premium for him to break the contract.

What do these clubs normally pay to break contracts?

Pretty easy to work out....
Two clearances submitted both denied don’t have to be Einstein to work out the clubs are not talking

Tulla are well within their rights to not clear him if he signed
Personally think they should have as he would have been great for a young group, but the stars didn’t align and you both move in other directions I guess. Remember he was appointed late as both APW and HS were slow to move on coaching appointments for different reasons.
100% they should of given him the job if he is as good as you say/think he is, but why would they if he only had intentions of being there for one year? Im assuming you are in the know at hillside so what was the stumbling block Turbo?

I have been told the club is trying to hold him to a $0 contract because they paid club membership fees for him therefore there is a monetary value on the contract.... Sounds like DC holidng off to make hillside desperate to pay a premium for him to break the contract.

What do these clubs normally pay to break contracts?
Dc will not release him under any circumstances. Have you ever seen this guy back down

Dc will not release him under any circumstances. Have you ever seen this guy back down
He would be stupid to not release him... why keep a player on the list who has openly said he is willing to sit a season out. When he can make a couple grand off Hillside. Its not good for the team in general if players are there they dont want to be there. He wants to go back to his childhood club cant knock the kid. He signed a $0 contract ffs if true thank him for what hes done at tulla and release him

He would be stupid to not release him... why keep a player on the list who has openly said he is willing to sit a season out. When he can make a couple grand off Hillside. Its not good for the team in general if players are there they dont want to be there. He wants to go back to his childhood club cant knock the kid. He signed a $0 contract ffs if true thank him for what hes done at tulla and release him
No - he committed to Tulla. If DC and the club decide to release him he would think himself very lucky. He signed a contract and if he wants to break that there are consequences, play at Tulla or sit the season out - end of story

No - he committed to Tulla. If DC and the club decide to release him he would think himself very lucky. He signed a contract and if he wants to break that there are consequences, play at Tulla or sit the season out - end of story

Exactly right. He signed a contract and that's all Tullamarine can do. The amount that he signed for is irrelevant.
My info is, he offered off his own back to play for $0 so the club could recruit someone else to help win a flag. Money wasn't an issue he wanted success. That's commendable no doubt, the club then used that money and recruited someone else to come in and add more speed. Then 3 weeks later he wants to walk.
Signing for $0 then makes it impossible to replace him.

Signed a contract , then stay and honour it or don't play at all.

When are players going to learn

Whoever reported awhile ago that Jackson Barret was leaving Ek seems to be correct. Transfer has gone in

Exactly right. He signed a contract and that's all Tullamarine can do. The amount that he signed for is irrelevant.
My info is, he offered off his own back to play for $0 so the club could recruit someone else to help win a flag. Money wasn't an issue he wanted success. That's commendable no doubt, the club then used that money and recruited someone else to come in and add more speed. Then 3 weeks later he wants to walk.
Signing for $0 then makes it impossible to replace him.

Signed a contract , then stay and honour it or don't play at all.

When are players going to learn
I agree and understand however id still rather take a premium from Hillside for him Rather take like $3-4k and sign someone rather then have him sit out for the year and go for free the following year. Personal opinion i guess

I agree and understand however id still rather take a premium from Hillside for him Rather take like $3-4k and sign someone rather then have him sit out for the year and go for free the following year. Personal opinion i guess

I tend agree. I guess it’s on Hillside to come up with something attractive enough to please Tulla.

Interesting they play each other round 1. Wouldn’t mind betting it gets sorted on the Monday after round 1 lol

I tend agree. I guess it’s on Hillside to come up with something attractive enough to please Tulla.

Interesting they play each other round 1. Wouldn’t mind betting it gets sorted on the Monday after round 1 lol
Haha! great point smart by Dc also if thats the case

Remember that if hillside do pay then they must add that money into their salary cap.
plus I’m sure Bonnici is a Greenvale junior not a hillside junior.
Maybe he played juniors for both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back