EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they are not all playing for the jumper ? $6k a game for the whole team each week !! The kid they are trying to get back is around $500 or more a game which is less than what he was costing Mernda ! Surely Harley Short & a few others would be on decent coin remember he put in for a transfer a few years back- I would be really surprised if it's not around that spending figure. Then again, you need to be inside the tent to know the facts i suppose. Only a view from the outside !
Short I know for fact has been offered good coin at a few clubs, interstate aswell but stayed because of family and mates. He did go to Craigieburn during a preseason but had a few issues go on outside of footy and wanted to be around his close mates while things worked out. Not always about the money...

How are Roxy going been quiet it seems could not play
Anyone catching your eye over over the preseason
Anyone here from WC and Sunbury also been very quiet

Have heard that they have recruited a couple of big bodied players to help out around the stoppages.
Putting in a lot of work into their younger players and hoping they continue to develop.
Just flying under the radar and keeping their expectations within.
Travelling along nicely from what I believe.

Roxy spending $100K +..........highly unlikely.
I think all div1 clubs are spending over 100k let’s be real. Players are being paid in all forms of footy and you can’t survive without paying a certain amount. Even young players must get something each week and talented youngsters are paid more. And why not! Invest in youth and keep them happy is the way forward imo. They do have some decent players who are on reasonable coin. Short, Capuano, Coomes, etc. I assume they are probably paying the least of all clubs and paying what they can afford but it would need to be at min 100k to survive in div1. But that’s there business, not mine and as long as clubs pay what they offer then I’m happy with that.

Look ive given Roxy plenty over the years on here and rightly so, but if they are changing things on & off field then that’s great for the club and the league. It’s the only way forward, it’s really non negotiable if clubs want to survive. You must bring in the families, kids etc. Don’t be surprised if you see babysitting being provided by clubs in the coming years to accomodate the players with young families. You heard it first from me. 😂

I think all div1 clubs are spending over 100k let’s be real. Players are being paid in all forms of footy and you can’t survive without paying a certain amount. Even young players must get something each week and talented youngsters are paid more. And why not! Invest in youth and keep them happy is the way forward imo. They do have some decent players who are on reasonable coin. Short, Capuano, Coomes, etc. I assume they are probably paying the least of all clubs and paying what they can afford but it would need to be at min 100k to survive in div1. But that’s there business, not mine and as long as clubs pay what they offer then I’m happy with that.

Look ive given Roxy plenty over the years on here and rightly so, but if they are changing things on & off field then that’s great for the club and the league. It’s the only way forward, it’s really non negotiable if clubs want to survive. You must bring in the families, kids etc. Don’t be surprised if you see babysitting being provided by clubs in the coming years to accomodate the players with young families. You heard it first from me. 😂

Not convinced they'be close to $100k Turbo....
But the club is moving along nicely.
Have a great group of kids between 18-24 who are developing nicely.
Full credit to all involved down there, Farrelly doing a great job.

Youth can take you a long way..Kids that age only know one way. Run, run and take chances. No expectations is a good mindset, opposed to I’m on big $$ so I need to perform. Kick it to me mentality which can cause issues and has the tendency to be short term..

$300 on average to your whole 22 each weeks for 16 rounds is over 100k a year... i definitely think every club in div 1 is over 100k at this stage. Considering some players in most teams would be over $750 and not many would be under 300 besides kids

Agree with turbo. Church by far the best stay at home forward that will kick plenty in any team he plays for. Forget Saad and Clare, if Church plays really well WM are a huge chance to upset EK
Coletta misses so much with injury so we may never find out how good he is. Good to see you talking football Turbo rather than the constant bashing of east keilor all the time
Hey mate, East Keilor announced Bongetti as joint captain. What’s the readers opinion on this appointment with Bongetti being a new player into the club. Is it good for team harmony!

I don’t like the co captain thing. Rather appoint 1 captain as your outright leader and a support group under him.
EK were “runners up” so surely they have leaders to become captains. 🤔 I’m only a supporter of new players being captains coming into a side that lacks leadership and maybe teams with young playing group like those outside the top 3 who are looking for leader types to take them forward.

Is there any truth to Sunbury loosing 8 premiership players? if so Lakers not getting relegated :) :) :)

Last edited:
$300 on average to your whole 22 each weeks for 16 rounds is over 100k a year... i definitely think every club in div 1 is over 100k at this stage. Considering some players in most teams would be over $750 and not many would be under 300 besides kids
The only thing I question is a lot of players in div1 are, or should be, on 300 or less. If 50% (or more) of your side is not on <300 then your in big trouble and need an independent review of your playing list. Yes agree you also need a few top liners getting over >750 as that’s the market we are in today.

Taylor’s Lakes with Rose won’t be in relegation zone. They will win min 5 games in my opinion. He will probably kick more than some of the lower teams score himself during these games. If he plays every game he will kick close to a 100. That’s a guarantee!!

They have to get him the ball first turbo.. a lot of outs and not much else going for them in the midfield with Vistirini, Franzi and both tanners gone. Plus young Hobbs at essendon

They have to get him the ball first turbo.. a lot of outs and not much else going for them in the midfield with Vistirini, Franzi and both tanners gone. Plus young Hobbs at essendon
Yeah I’m hearing you Hush, but most games of footy both sides get there share of centre clearances and Taylor’s ground is not that big so a quick clearance forward and it will be around his area. I’m thinking Harding might have to play midfield so that’s a good midfielder in there. Patty is just so good one out his a difficult match up in div1. It will depend on how fit his is but his signed for 2 years so I’m guessing his in reasonable shape. But hey it’s just my opinion but his record is better than most forwards we have seen in this division. EK talking up all there forward guns but no player has a resume like Patty. Not even close.. “Just saying”” 😄
If EK had got his signature then you could have almost guaranteed they would win it.

Yeah I’m hearing you Hush, but most games of footy both sides get there share of centre clearances and Taylor’s ground is not that big so a quick clearance forward and it will be around his area. I’m thinking Harding might have to play midfield so that’s a good midfielder in there. Patty is just so good one out his a difficult match up in div1. It will depend on how fit his is but his signed for 2 years so I’m guessing his in reasonable shape. But hey it’s just my opinion but his record is better than most forwards we have seen in this division. EK talking up all there forward guns but no player has a resume like Patty. Not even close.. “Just saying”” 😄
If EK had got his signature then you could have almost guaranteed they would win it.
You think Arrowsmith the only defender that can contain him 1 on 1? he will get doubled teamed by most teams to be honest thats the problem with only having one forward option its easier to contain then WM for example with Chruch, Claire and Saad or EK with Colletta, Hill, Bongetti, Grabowski's and that Klixx bloke. Not many clubs have enough defenders to contain multiple forward options but 1 forward option shouldnt pose too much difficulty with a double team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To
to be honest I would rather a young hill or colleta then a 35 year old rose if I’m looking at it for the long run

Hey mate, East Keilor announced Bongetti as joint captain. What’s the readers opinion on this appointment with Bongetti being a new player into the club. Is it good for team harmony!

I don’t like the co captain thing. Rather appoint 1 captain as your outright leader and a support group under him.
EK were “runners up” so surely they have leaders to become captains. 🤔 I’m only a supporter of new players being captains coming into a side that lacks leadership and maybe teams with young playing group like those outside the top 3 who are looking for leader types to take them forward.
Pushed aside another 1 pt local lad ( Vinnie crazy eyes) to share the captaincy. One captain / One coach ( imagine having co-coaches) . Maybe they need two people to toss the coin and hold the cup if they get there. OR maybe it was part of the deal to get him all the way from Frankston area. I think Melbourne F.C are going about it the right way - One captain, one vice and the rest of the squad team-back to basic's. This leadership group of 8,9 or 10 is one of the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard - almost as outrageous as the male players that will sacrifice their salary to pay for the womens league !! Yeah right..... We always seem to come back to a EK Discussion...

Pushed aside another 1 pt local lad ( Vinnie crazy eyes) to share the captaincy. One captain / One coach ( imagine having co-coaches) . Maybe they need two people to toss the coin and hold the cup if they get there. OR maybe it was part of the deal to get him all the way from Frankston area. I think Melbourne F.C are going about it the right way - One captain, one vice and the rest of the squad team-back to basic's. This leadership group of 8,9 or 10 is one of the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard - almost as outrageous as the male players that will sacrifice their salary to pay for the womens league !! Yeah right..... We always seem to come back to a EK Discussion...

Turbo and choker you really really have it in for ek.... who gives a s**t about joint captaincy. Bongetti was captain of pines he obviously brings leadership levels that the existing captain did not.

You really try pick apart every minor detail ek do... would this be a topic if any other club had joint captaincies.....

It’s rich mentioning joint captaincies from you turbo
Because hillside have announced Rayner and volpato as joint captains so who gives a s**t lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turbo and choker you really really have it in for ek.... who gives a s**t about joint captaincy. Bongetti was captain of pines he obviously brings leadership levels that the existing captain did not.

You really try pick apart every minor detail ek do... would this be a topic if any other club had joint captaincies.....

Because hillside have announced Rayner and volpato as joint captains so who gives a s**t lol

I have absolutely nothing against EK. In fact, i have admired them from afar for many years and have many friends out of EK. I just don't like the way they treated their own junior boys that have developed into senior players and then the mass exodus and should be an example for other clubs to NOT follow suit in the chase for success. Never lose your core. I will never forget the hard work the late Mr Pisani did at EK to bring back the under 16's and then later 16's & 19" won a couple premierships with that core group of players. EK people would know better than me, but at a guess, there wouldn't be too many left on the list from that crop - That would be playing for the jumper !! Not someone coming from Frankston to be co-captain of a club he has never played at and not been part of the hard times. But, yes your right, who gives a s**t.......

Gee Booze you took that personally for someone who “apparently” follows Taylor’s Lakes. I’m not even sure that you actually read my entire post. I’ve been trying to give some decent conversation on here but your stirring my blood on a Friday arvo.. 😡
I’m not sure I went hard at EK but just thought it a bit of a strange decision. It’s just a topic and remember that EK aren’t shy of headlines or publicity either..😉
Yes I don’t agree with co captains at any club. But HS did appoint 2 local homegrown players and had to appoint someone as lost there captain from last season. Actually it might be a curse at HS as the last 2 captains have moved clubs after being captains for a short time.

To reinterate my comment if Bongetti was at HS this year then maybe appoint him captain as they probably lack that experienced leader type over recent years with 2018 (or was 2017) finals series being a great example of there need for an experienced leader. But surely EK have someone already there. J Grabowski comes to mind as a captain type.. *I’m not including Arrow in this as he probably wants to pass on the baton and play a more relaxed role in his latter years..

Is there any truth to Sunbury loosing 8 premiership players? if so Lakers not getting relegated :) :) :)
The skills and fitness of clinton young probably replaces about four of these guys alone! I watched a few of their games last year and the luxury of dropping marks and plenty of time to re-gather the ball and releasing tackles with a bit of a push, all that is gone in this division. The coach knows the standard required and has upset a few, hence the departures-but i can assure you he is determined to not go straight back down. It will be a good test round 1 against ek though. I think if they get within 15-20 goals, they can build on that for the remainder of the season as Roxy did last year after their belting against EK first round - they were a lot better second time around even considering the terrible conditions.

Some players in premier are on $200 to $250 a game so why would you pay Div 1 players $300 on average.

How long has been since yourve been involved in club champ, loyalty still exists and not everyone is chasing money.

Gee Booze you took that personally for someone who “apparently” follows Taylor’s Lakes. I’m not even sure that you actually read my entire post. I’ve been trying to give some decent conversation on here but your stirring my blood on a Friday arvo..
I’m not sure I went hard at EK but just thought it a bit of a strange decision. It’s just a topic and remember that EK aren’t shy of headlines or publicity either..
Yes I don’t agree with co captains at any club. But HS did appoint 2 local homegrown players and had to appoint someone as lost there captain from last season. Actually it might be a curse at HS as the last 2 captains have moved clubs after being captains for a short time.

To reinterate my comment if Bongetti was at HS this year then maybe appoint him captain as they probably lack that experienced leader type over recent years with 2018 (or was 2017) finals series being a great example of there need for an experienced leader. But surely EK have someone already there. J Grabowski comes to mind as a captain type.. *I’m not including Arrow in this as he probably wants to pass on the baton and play a more relaxed role in his latter years..

Couldn’t give a s**t about ek just sick of you always talking and whinging about them clearly have it in for them, but for all we know Bongetti might be an amazing leader we don’t know that, I was told josh was assistant coach last year I don’t know about this year. It just seems everything you talk about winds up to taking slight digs at ek everyone knows it but no ones knows why u hate them so much. Lol who caressssss about co captain who cares if captain comes from a new club obviously he would be a great leader to get the title and clearly made a great impression.

The skills and fitness of clinton young probably replaces about four of these guys alone! I watched a few of their games last year and the luxury of dropping marks and plenty of time to re-gather the ball and releasing tackles with a bit of a push, all that is gone in this division. The coach knows the standard required and has upset a few, hence the departures-but i can assure you he is determined to not go straight back down. It will be a good test round 1 against ek though. I think if they get within 15-20 goals, they can build on that for the remainder of the season as Roxy did last year after their belting against EK first round - they were a lot better second time around even considering the terrible conditions.

What position does Clinton young play? Can you see them avoiding relegation is clearly between them and Taylor’s in my opinion

Couldn’t give a s**t about ek just sick of you always talking and whinging about them clearly have it in for them, but for all we know Bongetti might be an amazing leader we don’t know that, I was told josh was assistant coach last year I don’t know about this year. It just seems everything you talk about winds up to taking slight digs at ek everyone knows it but no ones knows why u hate them so much. Lol who caressssss about co captain who cares if captain comes from a new club obviously he would be a great leader to get the title and clearly made a great impression.

I’m not questioning Bongetti’s ability to lead or his ability to play but just wonder why they didn’t appoint from within. I’m questioning if it’s good for team moral/culture.
it’s a fair question/topic to debate.

I’m not questioning Bongetti’s ability to lead or his ability to play but just wonder why they didn’t appoint from within. I’m questioning if it’s good for team moral/culture.
it’s a fair question/topic to debate.

Sure pat or any coach wouldn’t make an appointment as a captain that would upset the team or leader ship group no coach is that stupid.

As for how he will go only time will tell but if he captained the pines I’m sure he will do fine at ek. Probably going to be the most experienced captain In the division behind Castello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back