EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player Points for 2021 will reduce by 1 point for all players who were registered with their club as at 30 June 2020 and stay at that Club for season 2021
That’s crap. AFL vic make the rules on point deductions so I’ll wait for them to make a statement. I hope the don’t reduce points for any player recruited for 2020. Players from 2019 should get a reduction but not 2020 recruits.

That’s crap. AFL vic make the rules on point deductions so I’ll wait for them to make a statement. I hope the don’t reduce points for any player recruited for 2020. Players from 2019 should get a reduction but not 2020 recruits.
It sounds pretty crook tbh.
What's the point of the system if you're going to bend the rules to suit certain clubs?
Pretty simple i'd have thought: there's a minimum number of games required for the points reduction, in the absence of those games the points should remain the same.

You would think a lot of clubs won’t be happy about this.

Your idea about only 2019 players getting a reduction could be a compromise.

The way covid is going might not be a 2021 season either.

it would be a farce if they were to reduce points 2 seasons in a row without a game being played.

Did they also confirm player points would reduce for registered players this season? Eg a 5 pointer in 2019 would be a 3 pointer in 2021 if at same club

If registered at June 30, players have a 1 point reduction if they stay at that club. Nothing about transfers, which I’d say will have same rules as pre COVID

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty clear that the club is in turmoil. Their best players have gone to a rival club , yes they did recruit a couple of handy types for 2020 but the main one will not be there as he won't be offered anywhere near the figure agreed too for 2020... Hillbillies heading for struggle town at full speed
When ek is throwing 45k plus with sign ons and match payments, would any of these young kids stay at there club. Hillside just don’t have the money to compete with ek.

Everybody seems to be taking a haircut at the moment. I do hope that councils and the EDFL join the chorus and lower council fees and affiliation fees. Clubs in turn should also lower fees to participants. I know, I know, I live in an idealistic world. ....maybe not...
Moonee valley council are charging only 50% for the next 3 years. That will help clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing re signing news on Facebook which is good to see clubs proactive Have all Coaches re signed?
Good stuff from HS and Rp
Signing volpato and Elliot both young and could play higher level good too see them not at ek either lol

Its pretty sad what EK are doing to this comp. They can deny it as much as they want but surely they will get caught out. What would happen if a player spoke with details on how they are being paid?
What do you mean sad ? As a neutral observer, i think they have done a fantastic job trying to recruit players to improve their list. This can only help the standard of football in this grade and has prompted other clubs like APW, TULLA & West Meadows to see who can land the biggest recruit. I think the negative may be half way through the season when certain players are not picked, it may start a bit of infighting. How the players land at these clubs is another discussion, but in end, it is the players decision to go to a club and determine if what is being offered in genuine ! You cannot blame clubs for wanting to improve, but i can see the point of trying to fit all the players under the salary cap & points system may be challenging. Even the 3 big names coming out of Hillside ( Miccalef, Raynor & Colletta) are easy to coach against and can minimize their impact. Who knows, this may actually make Hillside stronger as other players may now have an opportunity to develop and have an impact. It is not always doom and gloom unless you want it to be !!

What do you mean sad ? As a neutral observer, i think they have done a fantastic job trying to recruit players to improve their list. This can only help the standard of football in this grade and has prompted other clubs like APW, TULLA & West Meadows to see who can land the biggest recruit. I think the negative may be half way through the season when certain players are not picked, it may start a bit of infighting. How the players land at these clubs is another discussion, but in end, it is the players decision to go to a club and determine if what is being offered in genuine ! You cannot blame clubs for wanting to improve, but i can see the point of trying to fit all the players under the salary cap & points system may be challenging. Even the 3 big names coming out of Hillside ( Miccalef, Raynor & Colletta) are easy to coach against and can minimize their impact. Who knows, this may actually make Hillside stronger as other players may now have an opportunity to develop and have an impact. It is not always doom and gloom unless you want it to be !!

Agree that they have strengthened the comp, but don't think tulla apw and westy have done anything in the same manner ek have. Time will tell regarding if they get away with it or not. Sharks will be bottom 2 with those 3 players gone

Agree that they have strengthened the comp, but don't think tulla apw and westy have done anything in the same manner ek have. Time will tell regarding if they get away with it or not. Sharks will be bottom 2 with those 3 players gone

I’m not sure what you are eluding to Sokratis however I was at the shopping mall around the corner from EK last week. Plenty of toilet paper on the shelves but zero brown paper bags. All sold out. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You should change your handle to Biggest ... go away muppet what Cheat Keilor are doing is beyond comprehension...

Donald D

You should change your handle to Biggest ... go away muppet what Cheat Keilor are doing is beyond comprehension...

Donald D
Blah,Blah,Blah- cheat this, cheat that.if you have evidence of clubs cheating including your own, present it to the edfl so that they can investigate. Otherwise, go and have a drink with your mates when that becomes available and keep complaining to them ! As the old saying goes - you are only guilty if you are caught- show us the evidence / deal in facts not rubbish - cheers !

Blah,Blah,Blah- cheat this, cheat that.if you have evidence of clubs cheating including your own, present it to the edfl so that they can investigate. Otherwise, go and have a drink with your mates when that becomes available and keep complaining to them ! As the old saying goes - you are only guilty if you are caught- show us the evidence / deal in facts not rubbish - cheers !
What an ignorant response. You blokes carry on like you're Tony Mokbel and believe you will never get caught, well that fat s**t isn't doing to well is he.

What an ignorant response. You blokes carry on like you're Tony Mokbel and believe you will never get caught, well that fat sh*t isn't doing to well is he.
You blokes ?? Definition of ignorance is lack of knowledge and information. Well I talk to a lot of current and ex players, coaches, committee person especially major sponsors who sponsor about 6 or 7 clubs across the edfl. The deals that have been made are incredible including your club - but no one does anything about it- they are all chasing some form of success or survival. Unless someone actually does something about it- it will continue for ever. A good solution may be to remove the salary cap altogether then at least you know what everyone’s goals are then and what division they should be in. Leave the egos at the door and show me the money!!

You blokes ?? Definition of ignorance is lack of knowledge and information. Well I talk to a lot of current and ex players, coaches, committee person especially major sponsors who sponsor about 6 or 7 clubs across the edfl. The deals that have been made are incredible including your club - but no one does anything about it- they are all chasing some form of success or survival. Unless someone actually does something about it- it will continue for ever. A good solution may be to remove the salary cap altogether then at least you know what everyone’s goals are then and what division they should be in. Leave the egos at the door and show me the money!!
Dreaming. We live in the everyone gets a prize world.

Pretty clear that the club is in turmoil. Their best players have gone to a rival club , yes they did recruit a couple of handy types for 2020 but the main one will not be there as he won't be offered anywhere near the figure agreed too for 2020... Hillbillies heading for struggle town at full speed
I’ve been trying to keep busing but I’m back folks for a bit as apparently you all have been missing me. Well some prefer me to stay away. 🤭

Survey Wrong you are. Trembearth confirmed as staying. There best player in Volpato has committed. It’s no secret they are going down the youth path and probably have the best young talent in div1 so it’s a piority to keep them and build around them. Just need 1 or 2 hard nosed experienced players that have played higher footy (if they can land them) to complement there list and they will be competitive around 4-5th but who knows as young players can be unpredictable. They have never really had that quality who have played higher footy and relied on there mid aged homegrowns but it probably was found to be unsuccessful if you evaluate there last 3-5 years. Losing Church after 1 year set them back big time if you ask me..But let’s not go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back