EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EK have never been rich but always paid what they committed to their players before the current coach came along.

I don’t think anyone has questioned that point however most of the big recruits are being paid by the coach with some payments off the books. I’m guessing that was what homealone meant.
I think it’s great for the players getting the $$ and the club but it’s not sustainable and only for short term success if it happens! It’s not a good model to use to become successful or grow.. I guess Marby with GA it worked and it’s worked with Deer Park and GA but when the coach is running things it’s a different issue.
-To much power and influence I think. Is there any football director overseeing it all?
-If things go pear shape during season your hands are tied and you must continue on rather than make immediate change as you will lose all the better players.

I’m not in favour of it but each to there own I guess.

I don’t think anyone has questioned that point however most of the big recruits are being paid by the coach with some payments off the books. I’m guessing that was what homealone meant.
I think it’s great for the players getting the $$ and the club but it’s not sustainable and only for short term success if it happens! It’s not a good model to use to become successful or grow.. I guess Marby with GA it worked and it’s worked with Deer Park and GA but when the coach is running things it’s a different issue.
-To much power and influence I think. Is there any football director overseeing it all?
-If things go pear shape during season your hands are tied and you must continue on rather than make immediate change as you will lose all the better players.

Turbo you really do love to stir s**t dont you and throw fake rumours out there as someone posted earlier all the sponsorship isnt from Pats pocket as he was at the EK meeting.. clearly your jealous of EK's recent success.

Let me spit some facts for you since you clearly never post anything true on this page.. Hish is on $1,200 a game with sign ons mate (which i bet is off books), didnt go to the first night of pre season and didnt go to the west waters dinner night..... Great signing hes going to be mate... broke the bank for him and will attend no functions and barely train... Great role model also.. wait till you see your players crack it at the treatment hes getting (which they already are) he will be the undoing of your team chemistry mate.... i also know of multiple players of Hillsides trying to break their contracts and move clubs (because i am mates with alot of them and they tell me) Looks like i know more about your club then you do....

Last edited:
Turbo you really do love to stir s**t dont you and throw fake rumours out there as someone posted earlier all the sponsorship isnt from Pats pocket as he was at the EK meeting.. clearly your jealous of EK's recent success.

Let me spit some facts for you since you clearly never post anything true on this page.. Hish is on $1,200 a game with sign ons mate (which i bet is off books), didnt go to the first night of pre season or didnt go to the west waters dinner night..... Great signing hes going to be mate... broke the bank for him and will attend no functions and barely train... Great role model also.. wait till you see your players crack it at the treatment hes getting (which they already are) he will be the undoing of your team chemistry mate.... i also know of multiple players of Hillsides trying to break their contracts and move clubs (because i am mates with alot of them and they tell me) Looks like i know more about your club then you do....
Isn’t hism at Willy so I’m guessing he will be training there. He is using hillside as his Vfl club. Or has he left the VFL

Let me spit some facts for you since you clearly never post anything true on this page.. Hish is on $1,200 a game with sign ons mate (which i bet is off books), didnt go to the first night of pre season and didnt go to the west waters dinner night..... Great signing hes going to be mate... broke the bank for him and will attend no functions and barely train... Great role model also.. wait till you see your players crack it at the treatment hes getting (which they already are) he will be the undoing of your team chemistry mate.... i also know of multiple players of Hillsides trying to break their contracts and move clubs (because i am mates with alot of them and they tell me) Looks like i know more about your club then you do....

Maybe you need to read all the posts from multiple posters not just mine and jump to conclusions. What I wrote is truth or are you saying that’s a good model to use going forward.

Let’s remember HS have lots of good juniors coming through so they will be fine. If this player is getting x amount then that’s 1/2 what your recruits are getting 🤣🤣. But hey you know more about multiple clubs than me.
1st you were at Deer Park, then EK, back to DP now HS. You do get around..😉😉😉😉

Maybe you need to read all the posts from multiple posters not just mine and jump to conclusions. What I wrote is truth or are you saying that’s a good model to use going forward.

Let’s remember HS have lots of good juniors coming through so they will be fine. If this player is getting x amount then that’s 1/2 what your recruits are getting 🤣🤣. But hey you know more about multiple clubs than me.
1st you were at Deer Park, then EK, back to DP now HS. You do get around..😉😉😉😉
You assume thats the model EK are using and assuming the coach controls all finances and club decisions.....

It is you who clearly cannot read did i say im at Hillside? i said i am friends with a lot of your players mate. If only you knew which players are going around talking to other clubs.... ill let it come to fruition on its own and if they get their way you will be lucky to finish top 6...

Its ok though Turbo its extremely obvious you and many people here are extremely jealous Ek has gone to a grand final after 1 year under new management which is further then hillside has gone in what? the last 10 years maybe?

Turbo you have no proof that player payments are off the books. Of course the club is not sustainable without a successful senior side due to the age of the area of East Keilor. Its not like Hillside that has more younger kids in the area. EK dont want to re-build in Div 2 like Keilor Park. EK are fortunate enough via the coach to get new attractive sponsorship deals. I do think they are going overboard with the recruiting but Im no longer close enough
If you are talking good models i'd hardly say your own club is a shining light. A lot of juniors have left over the past couple of years due to some junior coaches there being absolute morons I am told ( not your U/13 & 11 coach im not saying you;)) and also over the years people putting their hands in the till that run the club. So Hillside should be an A grade juggernaut,why isnt it? Why do most good players leave there? Even Raynor left and went to DS before drafted to Brisbane? Other good players go down to Keilor? Cant be that good of a program/ "business model" in place down at Hillside and my point is you shouldnt really pot EK when your own backyard is a mess.

Turbo you have no proof that player payments are off the books. Of course the club is not sustainable without a successful senior side due to the age of the area of East Keilor. Its not like Hillside that has more younger kids in the area. EK dont want to re-build in Div 2 like Keilor Park. EK are fortunate enough via the coach to get new attractive sponsorship deals. I do think they are going overboard with the recruiting but Im no longer close enough
If you are talking good models i'd hardly say your own club is a shining light. A lot of juniors have left over the past couple of years due to some junior coaches there being absolute morons I am told ( not your U/13 & 11 coach im not saying you;)) and also over the years people putting their hands in the till that run the club. So Hillside should be an A grade juggernaut,why isnt it? Why do most good players leave there? Even Raynor left and went to DS before drafted to Brisbane? Other good players go down to Keilor? Cant be that good of a program/ "business model" in place down at Hillside and my point is you shouldnt really pot EK when your own backyard is a mess.
Not a bad post: Couple of observations
1. You are absolutely kidding yourself if you believe players are not being paid off the books. Please stop that BS , everyone understands no-one can do anything at all about it so keep cheating at Local Footy B Grade and amuse yourselves.
2. Yes EK are in an older area and need to tackle things differently to the new suburbs. Personally I think good on them(apart from the player payment cheating)
3. Agree , HS really should've been more successful than what they've produced. Had a good coach and side over the past 3 years and couldn't win a final(or make finals last year). Simply not good enough
4. Until HS get out of the mentality and stop acting like a B Grade club that's exactly where they'll stay. They seem happy to be where they are. A Grade would be just too much for them both in the administration, expectations on behaviour and 80% of players couldn't handle the physicality.
5. Some advice for HS , concentrate on cleaning up the professionalism, both on and off the field. Until then the good people(and players) will continue to leave, but funny thing is they will always come back a couple of times a year, have 20 beers and get smashed. Is that what HS wants to be known for , good blokes and somewhere to drink p*ss if you've got nothing else to do?

Neither club has the right model but ultimately 1 club is probably achieving more considering there player budget is about 40% less. 😉

You assume thats the model EK are using and assuming the coach controls all finances and club decisions.....

It is you who clearly cannot read did i say im at Hillside? i said i am friends with a lot of your players mate. If only you knew which players are going around talking to other clubs.... ill let it come to fruition on its own and if they get their way you will be lucky to finish top 6...

Its ok though Turbo its extremely obvious you and many people here are extremely jealous Ek has gone to a grand final after 1 year under new management which is further then hillside has gone in what? the last 10 years maybe?

At the end of season 2019 both clubs didn’t achieve success at the senior level so both ended up the same however 1 club paid less to achieve the same result.
Oh let’s not forget that Hillside won the reserves premiership, so at least got to celebrate some success at GF day. And they were long odd underdogs but played with more heart when it counted. 🤣😂😂 im sure you at least acknowledge that.

At the end of season 2019 both clubs didn’t achieve success at the senior level so both ended up the same however 1 club paid less to achieve the same result.
Oh let’s not forget that Hillside won the reserves premiership, so at least got to celebrate some success at GF day. And they were long odd underdogs but played with more heart when it counted. 🤣😂😂 im sure you at least acknowledge that.

Hillside 2's premiership was impressive and well deserved EK lost it due to over confidence and nothing else. Got ahead of themselves, happens to the best of teams when you beat that same team 4 times during the season. Good on them im happy for them, im actually family friends with one of the two's players mate so was happy for him. Ek also won the 3rds flag which doesn't mean much compared to a ones flag but at least some players enjoyed the celebrations.

You have to acknowledge what EK did though Turbo rather then criticise at every opportunity because it just makes you sound sour and everyone would agree. They came from nowhere the previous year to only loosing 3 games in the whole Home and away season across 3 teams..... Let that sink in. All 3 teams made the grand final that is unbelievable after 1 year mate so i do not think they achieved the same result. Ek has in some way become a destination club where players want to go to... Hillsides captain approached them ffs and begged to join knowing he wont slide straight in due to points and is willing to roll the dice...

You cannot knock a club having a crack mate and a better crack then anyone else has in recent years. Would you rather the 3 same teams always being competitive every year and become like the premier comp?

Your attitude along with many others on here would be diff if Pat was your coach and injected life, hype and buzz into your club via players and $$ with sponsors as you all say etc... You would probably be his biggest fan and defending him on this forum.. unless you were just envious.

You cannot knock EK for what they have done or where they have come. Good on them deserve all the success they get. As does any club having a crack.

Hillside 2's premiership was impressive and well deserved EK lost it due to over confidence and nothing else. Got ahead of themselves, happens to the best of teams when you beat that same team 4 times during the season. Good on them im happy for them, im actually family friends with one of the two's players mate so was happy for him. Ek also won the 3rds flag which doesn't mean much compared to a ones flag but at least some players enjoyed the celebrations.

You have to acknowledge what EK did though Turbo rather then criticise at every opportunity because it just makes you sound sour and everyone would agree. They came from nowhere the previous year to only loosing 3 games in the whole Home and away season across 3 teams..... Let that sink in. All 3 teams made the grand final that is unbelievable after 1 year mate so i do not think they achieved the same result. Ek has in some way become a destination club where players want to go to... Hillsides captain approached them ffs and begged to join knowing he wont slide straight in due to points and is willing to roll the dice...

You cannot knock a club having a crack mate and a better crack then anyone else has in recent years. Would you rather the 3 same teams always being competitive every year and become like the premier comp?

Your attitude along with many others on here would be diff if Pat was your coach and injected life, hype and buzz into your club via players and $$ with sponsors as you all say etc... You would probably be his biggest fan and defending him on this forum.. unless you were just envious.

You cannot knock EK for what they have done or where they have come. Good on them deserve all the success they get. As does any club having a crack.
Great Post - You can't Knock clubs that want to improve and bring everyone along for the ride - Some buy in, some don't and there is no possible way to please everyone. Someone will always have a gripe especially if it is not their idea. But, it is year 2 & 3 that will always be the challenging for EK - Positive energy around a group can only take you so far as some just don't get it and their negativity is such a barrier/hurdle.

This is a good post/reply. I actually agree with most of it and yes the point about the HS ex-captain is correct as he wanted a change.

The only thing that gets my back up about EK is when they played games over the points and in my (and many others) opinion they knew 100% what they were doing and knew it was cheating. The game/result against HS should have been reversed if we are all being totally honest and fair. It seems they haven’t learnt as there recruiting for season 2020 appears to be creating similar issues. However I must admire the quality of recruits they are pulling in as they seem pretty good players. I don’t actually agree with the system but it’s there and we must all comply.
Players most likely 😉😂 getting paid outside the cap but we all know this can’t be policed and they are not the only club in metro footy to be doing this. So that doesn’t really interest me as how do you prove it. Ffs if Deer Park can get away with it then no one will get caught. They have multiple players on 2k per game plus sign ons..

I need a swim and a couple of beers now so see you for a beer in footy season or maybe earlier 😉😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good post/reply. I actually agree with most of it and yes the point about the HS ex-captain is correct as he wanted a change.

The only thing that gets my back up about EK is when they played games over the points and in my (and many others) opinion they knew 100% what they were doing and knew it was cheating. The game/result against HS should have been reversed if we are all being totally honest and fair. It seems they haven’t learnt as there recruiting for season 2020 appears to be creating similar issues. However I must admire the quality of recruits they are pulling in as they seem pretty good players. I don’t actually agree with the system but it’s there and we must all comply.
Players most likely 😉😂 getting paid outside the cap but we all know this can’t be policed and they are not the only club in metro footy to be doing this. So that doesn’t really interest me as how do you prove it. Ffs if Deer Park can get away with it then no one will get caught. They have multiple players on 2k per game plus sign ons..

I need a swim and a couple of beers now so see you for a beer in footy season or maybe earlier 😉😉

To add to this if you reverse the hillside result. Wipe Ek's points and percentage from the game... they still finish 1 game clear on top and hillside still dont make finals so its irrelevant you can drop it now.

If i recall you were begging the league to make a comment when all that point s**t came to fruition and they did and took full fault and your still not happy. It was clearly a league error because Taylors Lakes were Over at one stage also. It is what is you can rest assured that im sure you and the league will be reviewing all point before round 1 so dont worry mate lol.

To add to this if you reverse the hillside result. Wipe Ek's points and percentage from the game... they still finish 1 game clear on top and hillside still dont make finals so its irrelevant you can drop it now.

If i recall you were begging the league to make a comment when all that point s**t came to fruition and they did and took full fault and your still not happy. It was clearly a league error because Taylors Lakes were Over at one stage also. It is what is you can rest assured that im sure you and the league will be reviewing all point before round 1 so dont worry mate lol.

Will give you one thing, you are very passionate EK man for someone who is from Deer park and “ just has a couple of mates playing at EK “ 😂😂😂😂👌🏻

Will give you one thing, you are very passionate EK man for someone who is from Deer park and “ just has a couple of mates playing at EK “ 😂😂😂😂👌🏻
Ill defend any club that turbo spins s**t about. Spit facts not gossip. Going on about Ek because of points from 8 months ago cmon mate...

Ill defend any club that turbo spins s**t about. Spit facts not gossip. Going on about Ek because of points from 8 months ago cmon mate...
Very well said ltsCantbe,

Volpato would not be at Hillside either if he hadn’t signed for 2yrs.

It’s not about where they finished it’s about momentum early season. And if that result was changed it changes everything. So now you need to stop banging on and defending clubs cheating. As for the league statement that was laughable and totally embarrassing. Bit of shifty stuff going on was the word. Now I try and move on but you keep raising it.

Hillside and most likely all other Div 1 clubs don't pay 15K cash sign ons either....... nothing to see here...... pfttt Deer Park all over again give us all a spell

Donald D

Very well said ltsCantbe,

Volpato would not be at Hillside either if he hadn’t signed for 2yrs.
Lol yep thats for sure, along with a few others mate.

So where was he headed? In footy thesedays most of the better players will often get a call from clubs enquiring, especially when HS took a long time to appoint a coach which can create some uncertainty among the group. But Volpato was announced in the leadership group along with Raynor in the media statement.

So where was he headed? In footy thesedays most of the better players will often get a call from clubs enquiring, especially when HS took a long time to appoint a coach which can create some uncertainty among the group. But Volpato was announced in the leadership group along with Raynor in the media statement.

Lol I’m not saying anything you can guarantee he’s staying this year due to a two year contract. Next year I wouldn’t be so sure. Tell hillside to break the bank for him next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol I’m not saying anything you can guarantee he’s staying this year due to a two year contract. Next year I wouldn’t be so sure. Tell hillside to break the bank for him next year.

So I can guess your club EK will offer him good $$. Well is it going to be as much as you gave Coletta as that was crazy..There will no no winners besides for the players bank account.

It must be the same reason that Arrowsmith, Hill and a few others were chatting to clubs a few months back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back